Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956812 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2012, 09:13:25 am »

Is Granny going to branch out from the Garstopit?

Also, Piecewise:  Is there a spell combination that could potentially kill everyone at once, given how spread out we are right now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:47 am »

((What do you mean by "branch out"? I probably won't spam it anymore, that's for sure. And I'll play secretively from now on. No more telling my MAGIC WORDS OF AWESOME POWER to everyone. Too much metagaming that way. No fun.))

((And I can answer your second question right now: Garstorpit x10, potency roll 6+3.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:08 am »

((What do you mean by "branch out"? I probably won't spam it anymore, that's for sure. And I'll play secretively from now on. No more telling my MAGIC WORDS OF AWESOME POWER to everyone. Too much metagaming that way. No fun.))

((And I can answer your second question right now: Garstorpit x10, potency roll 6+3.))
((GLADOS is jealous. 'Dem neurotoxins.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2012, 09:26:59 am »

((So how do you guys keep what words you're using secret, anyway? PM your most-used ones to Piecewise? It seems like people would hear what you were chanting, anyways, but ehh...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2012, 09:28:23 am »

((Yeah, but a double Shareeb didn't seem to get much more metal than a single Shareeb.  I don't think it works like that.

I do have a few ideas for doom spells, but I need to get my skills up first.  Anyone want to help me with that?

PPE:  Yoink- Yeah, you can PM what you're saying and that's cool- it's good for keeping the cool spells like the Death Cleaver secret... not that anyone appears to be able to use the Death Cleaver.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2012, 09:33:50 am »

((I'm going to try and pick it up with my dead hand once I finish off this rude person coughing at me. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2012, 09:35:02 am »

((If you're lucky, it won't crumble and fall off.  Maybe wrap your hand in cloth?  Your shirt's a resource- use it!

On that note, if I have to bandage another wound, I have no trouble using my pants.  You have been warned.))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:34 am »

Ah good. That saved me a turn. Point at the wall again, this time saying words.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2012, 10:28:30 am »

"Another image spell? This time it looks like a thin disk. Maybe I can use it for something." Kin looked for another word to combine it with.

"This will do: Haon-cael Soulsheleal!" Kin hopes it can be used as a Frisbee and slice heads or other important limbs off. If he is unlucky he'll move to the edge of the platform and aim for anyone unfortunate and throw the dull cleaver at them.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:19 am »

Adam GWP Yurf while flinging his arms upward
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2012, 01:12:02 pm »

I do have a few ideas for doom spells, but I need to get my skills up first.  Anyone want to help me with that?

Id love to help you gank people but im pretty far down the waitlist... i have a combo i desperately want to try though, perhaps you would test it for me in exchange for my future assistance?

Edit: also if the waitlist could be updated so im actually on it that would be super :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:15:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2012, 01:15:49 pm »

How many words is it?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2012, 01:36:36 pm »

only two, but if it works it has great potential
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2012, 03:24:22 pm »

"Hnng."
Yurf may have made a slight error in judgement. Oh well, he still had another hand.

>Grab the other sword with my other hand and disembowel the person shooting poison clouds at me!
Whilst avoiding said poison clouds.

"You. That's enough outta you."

Adam GWP Yurf while flinging his arms upward
[adam dex:2]
[YURF dex:1]
[adam pot:4+1]
[Yurf dex:6]
Adam is quick on the draw, shouting his word before YURF can even take two steps toward the sword. YURF manages to hurl himself backward, avoiding being trapped in the great, strange mass of wood that solidifies where he had been seconds ago, but putting himself on his back and farther from the sword then before.

Repeat same process as last turn, with new words, and after getting away from the molten metal.

"I would be very happy about that, if I wasn't roasting alive."
You get even farther away from the molten stone, hide behind another rock and proceed to try another two words.

[pot:5+1]

Ok so that first one is either a spell to conjure fire or is some sort of elaborate eyebrow removal technique. It does both equally well.

You ignore the smell of burning hair and try the next spell.

[pot:5+1]

The next one summons stone. Specifically a very large stone. Specifically a very large stone that almost crushes your foot as it drops to the ground. This magic thing seems very dangerous. Clearly these books need some sort of warning sticker.

((Garstopit appears to be a recipe for pure unfettered evil.))

Right.  Think I know what's going on here, so I think it's time to test something...

Execute Magic Nutella!

[pot:5]
[kin dex:4-2]
You scamper to the edge of the ledge and say your magic words, visualizing your target as you do so.

A great obsidian boulder, a black angular cannon ball a foot and a half across, solidifies in front of you, hangs in the air for half a second, and then rockets down toward Kin on the Central platform. Kin, seeing it coming, tries desperately to crawl away but his injured leg is nothing but dead weight. The boulder slams into kin with a wet crunch and tears away a chunk of the central platform, everything falling down to the first level as a point of light drifts up and into you.

[kin is dead. You gain one point.]

Is Granny going to branch out from the Garstopit?

Also, Piecewise:  Is there a spell combination that could potentially kill everyone at once, given how spread out we are right now?
I can't really tell you, but what do you think?

Ah good. That saved me a turn. Point at the wall again, this time saying words.
[pot:6+1]
You speak your words while facing a wall a good 20 feet away. The words have no sooner passed your lips then the air in front of you crackles with electrical discharge. A white hot beam of pure electricity, a sustained lighting bolt, erupts from the air in front of you and slams into the wall, filling the pit with a hellish roar of elongated thunder. A moment later the beam fades and finally vanishes altogether. In it's wake is nothing but the smell of ozone, A Lichtenberg figure burnt into the stone and scaldingly hot air.

Alga appears atop the central platform on the third floor.

Sanya:Green: Pool:3/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 [First floor, next to YURF]
YURF: Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified) [first floor, Near north stairs, on back]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:2/2 (left hand is rubber) [Second floor, between south and west stairs]
Thrakor(3): Purple: Pool:1/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless)[Fourth floor, North east side]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, center platform]
Jamie(6): Dark red: Pool: 2/6 [Second floor, near north stairs]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:26:17 pm by piecewise »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2012, 03:32:31 pm »

Thrusting his right arm at Yurf "Wood Release: Cutting Technique GWP"
((I'll somehow gone from Harry Potter to Yamato.))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:35:32 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 435