Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 957102 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #555 on: December 10, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »

I MADE A LITTLE PERSON!
Does that mean I figured out the word for human? Nice.

Susan tries communicating with him. "Hello", she says, wondering how he will respond.

He doesn't respond. He doesn't even look at you, he just stares ahead blankly.

"Oh my! Vhere am I now, I vonder? And vhat's zis book?"

Say Magic Word A while looking off into the distance!
[pot:5+1]
Nothing seems to happen.

Silver wings?  Damn, that's not what I thought that word was at all.

"Oi! Crystal golem!  Go break up that fight!"

Attempt to command the crystal golem to go break up that fight.  Also put on wings and see if I can fly.  (Jump in place- don't do anything silly like jump off the ledge.)
You think your hardest, pointing and gesturing, yelling "OI, Go thataway!" but it is all for naught, the Living Crystal doesn't seem to want to follow your commands.

As per the wings, you can't even lift them; they each weigh several hundred pounds.

"The word for shaping humans was just said aloud?! If that moron summons a homunculous out of that freaky darkness, I will personally slit her throat."

More Generic action. If Irony does what is detailed above, kill the infernal creature, then her. Kind of forgot Irony's gender, so guessing female.

((Please tell me I'm not the only one who is getting increasingly worried by Irony? I do not want a bestial daemon running amok.

It's nothing personal, it's just business.))
Well, you didn't send me a word so I'll assume this is actual generic action. And Because Irony isn't summoning hellspawn, you're just gonna sit here.

((Shouldn't I be getting a +1 to Dex?
Also, nice shootin', pard! :P Glad that electrical storm didn't hit me.))

"Gah! Shit!"
Yurf went wide-eyed as the seemingly-live darkness reached for him from the woman's strange whip. He regretfully shoved the hilt of his sword away from him, then turned and rushed down the stairs, shouting to Waldo as he did so,
"Can ya blast this one, too?!"

>Forcefully shove the sword away, letting go before the darkness comes into contact with me.

>Then flee down the stairs to Sanya's staff, quickly touching it with my mummified hand. If that has no nasty effects, pick it up with my left hand for use as a club. Prepare to defend self from attackers/dive away from magical attacks as appropriate. If I have a chance, run back to the south stairs and stay out of sight.

>Once thus armed, go help Waldo lay a beatdown on Alga with my new whacking stick.
((darn i was afraid of that... Probably should have posted in thread to tell you i wanted to swap targets instead of just PMing you... Oh well :( ))

run towards yurf to defend him against the abomination alga has become, yell my word at her as i move and if she is not incapacitated dodge behind a boulder or pillar.

+1 dexterity

hold fast my friend and i will assist thee.
Say Words, do Things.

[alga will:5-1]

[alga dex:4-1]
[yurf dex:1+1]
[Waldo dex:2]

[alga pot:3+2]

Alga controls herself just enough to shout out two words as Yurf throws his sword away and scrambles for the stairs. A ball of darkness a foot and a half across bleeds into being, a boiling sphere of shadow and eyes. It hangs in place for an instant before firing forward...and traveling all of 5 feet before hitting Yurf.

[Yurf end:1+1]

The ball slams into Yurf and pops like a water balloon, it's unholy contents spilling out over him. The fluid darkness twitches violently before being seemingly sucked into  a pinhole sized point in the center of his chest. Yurf pats himself down in surprise and has just enough time to grin triumphantly at Alga before a black tear opens in his chest. A dozen thin arms burst forth and taloned fingers dig themselves into his flesh, catching hold of limbs and head. And then they pull, tearing him in on himself, collapsing him into his own body in a cacophony of breaking bones and tearing flesh. In an instant he's gone and all thats left is a puddle of blood and a closing gash in reality.

Waldo, actively running toward Yurf when this happens, turns his attention to Alga. He lines himself up just right and shouts his words.

[waldo pot:3+1]
[Alga end:6-1]

A beam of concentrated electricity erupts from the area just in front of Waldo and travels the few feet it needs to before slamming into Alga. She spasms uncontrollably, literally smoking as arcs of electrical discharge scorch her flesh, and collapses, unconscious.

[Yurf is dead. Alga gains 4 points]

The living crystal joins the newly formed homunculus and settles down near it. 

Selande appears on the second floor, north stairs.

ester:Green: Pool:2/3 [Third floor, central platform.]
Phil: Red: pool:1/1 [second floor, east stairs]
Selande: Blue: Pool: 4/4 [second floor, north stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:1/3 [first floor, South stairs]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga(5): Light blue: Pool:1/2 (right arm Corrupted. electrical burns, Unconscious.) [third floor, on west stairs]
Waldo(2): Dark red: Pool:2/3 [Third floor, West stairs. ] 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 10, 2012, 01:21:31 pm »

Welp.

Aww, my crystal made a friend!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 10, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »

"Yoosless peece of crepp!"

Perform Magic B.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 10, 2012, 02:12:04 pm »

Susan pokes her homunculus to see if it will respond to touch.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 10, 2012, 02:42:13 pm »

raging at his friends untimely demise and his own inability to save him waldo runs over to algas unconscious form and stomps the everliving crap out of her skull after yelling rothon at her for hopefully the last time, if attacked by another party cast another one on them as well.

Sorry yurf, i was hoping wed beat her on dex and/or she would fail her will roll :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:58:07 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 10, 2012, 02:50:04 pm »

Bloody useless wings and crystal.  Screw em.

More Magic!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #561 on: December 10, 2012, 03:06:11 pm »

"-on't go th- W-where am I? I was just... Never mind that. I need to return. What is this?"

"I get the gist of it. Lets try 'Hancal Prathel Zentol Celthel'."
Selande also take a better look at her surroundings. She seem not quite able to see were everyone is in relation to her current position.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 10, 2012, 03:59:12 pm »

Spoiler: Sanya II (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 10, 2012, 04:10:11 pm »

((Damn, I was hoping that would be AoE.

Desperation time!))

+3 End, +1 Dex

Wake up, Word attacker.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 10, 2012, 04:24:41 pm »

"Timezones...."

Try again with Generic.

((I actually was going to send you a word, but I had to get off and didn't get access back until now.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #565 on: December 10, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

"Yoosless peece of crepp!"

Perform Magic B.
[pot:1+1]

Nothing seems to happen.

Susan pokes her homunculus to see if it will respond to touch.

It seems to notice you, staring at you with vague comprehension, but doesn't do anything.

raging at his friends untimely demise and his own inability to save him waldo runs over to algas unconscious form and stomps the everliving crap out of her skull after yelling rothon at her for hopefully the last time, if attacked by another party cast another one on them as well.

Sorry yurf, i was hoping wed beat her on dex and/or she would fail her will roll :(
You run over to Alga's corpse and raise your foot to crush her skull when you notice something move out of the corner of your eye.

[dex:6]

You throw yourself back as the whip lashes violently through the air where you were moments ago. Alga's arm and the whip are still moving, twisting at unnatural angles, even while she lays unconscious. You decide it's best to just fry her from a distance. You step into range and shout your word before jumping back as the whip comes around for another blow. 

[pot:5+1]

Alga vanishes into the storm of electrical discharge and when it finally ends there is nothing left but ash and a large glowing orb. The glowing orb drifts over to you and burrows into your chest.

[alga is dead. You gain 5 points.]

Bloody useless wings and crystal.  Screw em.

More Magic!

[pot:3+1]

A point of...it's hard to describe: it's just a gray point of absolute nothing, a vacuum existence into which the air and everything around it begins to be violently pulled toward that point. However, it seems as though it's all in slow motion, the air and dust and bits of debris being sucked in at a leisurely pace.

"-on't go th- W-where am I? I was just... Never mind that. I need to return. What is this?"

"I get the gist of it. Lets try 'Hancal Prathel Zentol Celthel'."
Selande also take a better look at her surroundings. She seem not quite able to see were everyone is in relation to her current position.
From what you can see, there's one girl down in the center of the first floor, another guy over near the east stairs, and a guy up on the third floor.

You try out your words, draining your entire pool in one go.
[pot:5-1]
A  hodgepodge of sheets of paper, bits of silver, a few gallons of water and what appears to be a black tear in the fabric of reality appear before you. The void doesn't last long, but the rest of the materials do.

"Timezones...."

Try again with Generic.

((I actually was going to send you a word, but I had to get off and didn't get access back until now.))
[pot:6+1]

The ground in front of you cracks open violently, a fissure rending through the stone and shooting off directly away from you. You can make out heavy green stalks and roots tearing through the ground as the borrowing, ground crawling attack continues until it hits the wall. When it hits the wall the plants burst from the ground, great loops of thorned vines and sharpened roots thrusting themselves up out of the ground like a foliage landmine.

Hydrus Poofs into being on fourth floor, south stairs.

ester:Green: Pool:2/3 [Third floor, central platform.]
Phil: Red: pool:1/1 [second floor, east stairs]
Selande: Blue: Pool: 1/4 [second floor, north stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:3/3 [first floor,center]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Hydrus: Light blue: Pool:2/2 [fourth floor, south stairs.]
Waldo(7): Dark red: Pool:2/3 [Third floor, West stairs. ] 

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 10, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »

Question! What's with the colors by everyone's names?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #567 on: December 10, 2012, 04:49:28 pm »

Question! What's with the colors by everyone's names?
We used to have maps with dots representing everyone's location, but they were shitty so we stopped using them. Now they're just kinda used for voices if the character wants to.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 10, 2012, 04:50:26 pm »

((Curses. Next Stabbicus will be along shortly.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 10, 2012, 04:52:27 pm »

"I would say that was mind-blowingly wrong. But everything has been."

Shrug and continue experiments. Possibly laugh.

Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 435