Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956386 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2535 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:28 pm »

"What the hell? This isn't how I remember things at all. Where's the arena? The central platform thingy? The epic battle between Thrakor and Null? Man, I've been dead for way too damn long, and HOLY BALLS, IT'S POSSIBLY! So it looks like I'm not the only one back from the dead. And would you look at that! Tamara's here too. Today is a good day Larry, today is a damn good day!

Wave to my old buds and give Derm a friendly brofist.

"You too, eh? Magic sure is some confusing shit..."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:47:46 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2536 on: March 01, 2013, 04:08:46 pm »

I cast SPELL!

Attempt to make results exit circle and look through the door.
You say a few words but nothing happens. It feels like something is gonna happen but then it just doesn't, like a sneeze you feel coming but never actually comes.

It's really annoying, actually.

((Oh Null, you silly bugger.  I assume those of us who were already in are reduced to our non-powerful new forms?))

Thrakor looks around.  There was no longer a supposed-to-be-sentient mace in hands... and he felt much, much weaker.  Wasn't there something about souls, and a fight, and REAL ULTIMATE POWER, and... was that just a dream?

He looked in his hands.  There was the familiar-looking spellbook... oh yes, and those were his notes.  So... not a dream.  But what happened?

Go up to whichever yellow dead guy looks most important and loot his corpse, including the robe.   Wear the robe.  If they all look equal, just whichever one is closest.
EDIT- If attacked, retaliate with MAGICAL DEATHRAY instead.

Too bad I don't have the power any more to cast a super black hole.
You try to touch one of the yellow robed mummies but your hand stops dead, like you hit a glass bubble over them. You give it a tap and the air around the body pulses with runes for a second. Looks like they're part of this circle.

"~Riiiight-then. Wheeere-was-I?~"

Make a quick escape from the carnage through the door as I Do The Magical Thing Described In PM.

You duck out of the room before what you assume is the preordained murder orgy starts. Out of the big, red and gold wooden doors is a hallway, a long, thin thing in the same style as the room you were just in. It's lined with tall windows and several doors, 4 on each side specifically.  At the end of the hall is a spiral staircase that leads both up and down.

Your magic doesn't seem to work here either.

Zentol fueled murder on everyone around me.
"Hello. I heard you have something."
Your magic doesn't seem to work, no matter how many silly action poses you make.

Back away from everyone and do some science.

Shubha Kenthablaw!

"Hopefully this will be the same, but even if it isn't, I can still make a writing tool. Just need the word for Ink again..."

You hide in a corner, behind one of the wooden beams, and try a few words. You get nothing. Well, you get disappointment. I guess thats a thing.

"Gah!" Kin got up with a start. He remembered himself getting crushed by a big, big boulder. He also remembered the excruciating pain that followed. "I - I am not dead!" He looked around and saw someone ready to murder everyone.

Kin decided to flee from the Zentol fueled murderer and take a better look on his surroundings.
You follow some other guy out of the room and into the hallway. You see what he sees; a nice hallway with tall wooden walls and ceiling, large windows and 4 doors on either side. That and a spiral staircase in the back.

I cast Spell A at anyone trying to attack me and dive behind the closest pillar.
Well, you get as far as the "Dive behind the  pillar" thing. But thats about it.

Use my AXE SPELL to get axe
Pick it up and butcher the bodies

Sorry Axe Cop, you have no power here.

So am I in? Or did I get dropped from the waitlist?
New stats!

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

If not dead, flee the room.
You get out to the hallway, along with those two other people you don't know.

run the fuck away, yell word at mr zentol bomb as i leave
The force is apparently not strong in you.

You walk out the open doors into the hallway.

"Eh, wha-Where am I? Dammit, I was winning that game, was going to hit it bi--" Glassco cut himself off seeing that, what he could only describe as chaos, surrounded him. Feeling a strange weight in his hand, he looked down to see a leather-bound book in his grubby mitts, filled with words but devoid of any other meaning. "...Wha?" Seeing everyone flee, he follows along, still rather confused, strange words flying every which way. Strange words that are in the book.

Running away from whatever is going on, he mutters a word from the book, eyes intently on the book as he tried to make sure he was pronouncing it right.
Your magic erection is in for a correction, home boy.

Also you go out to the Hallway.

"-shel!  ...Huh, that's not what I expected to happen.  Works too, I guess."

Examine the mummies, but don't touch them.  Then say words.

If anyone attacks me, say different words

Are there any non-psychotic people who want to team up?

And a question for Piecewise, which I forgot to ask before:  If daggers give +spd and -str, does holding nothing give the same benefits?  Or are you just faster if you're holding something?
(daggers give a +0 str actually. but fists are +2 spd, -1 str. Because you're fast but you don't hit too hard.)
Well your words don't work, but you can still examine the mummies.

They're odd things, fully clothes and seated in a cross legged position, their hands clasped together with beads around them. They look like they just died sitting here, maintaining the circle. And yet, despite their eyeless sockets, their shriveled brownish skin  and their emaciated bodies, something about them still seems alive.

"What the hell? This isn't how I remember things at all. Where's the arena? The central platform thingy? The epic battle between Thrakor and Null? Man, I've been dead for way too damn long, and HOLY BALLS, IT'S POSSIBLY! So it looks like I'm not the only one back from the dead. And would you look at that! Tamara's here too. Today is a good day Larry, today is a damn good day!

Wave to my old buds and give Derm a friendly brofist.

"You too, eh? Magic sure is some confusing shit..."
You have to the cluster of confused people and give Derm a proper Brofisting.

Thats the verb form of brofist right? Brofisting?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: March 01, 2013, 04:12:38 pm »

"~Whaa? No-magic-for-me? Just-as-well. Place-full-of-crazed-murderers. Myself-in-in-in-in-included.~"

Look for rumpus room. Search the hallway while I'm at it, aw yeah! Should anyone attempt to murder me here, flee like a dirty coward carried on a sissy tornado.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:30:13 pm by Harry Baldman »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: March 01, 2013, 04:13:22 pm »

((Well then that was sudden (damned time zones)))

Flee down the hallway, punch anyone who tries regular ol' murder
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: March 01, 2013, 04:13:50 pm »

"Oh well.  Hey, Possibly, other guys I might have killed, no hard feelings, right?  Nothing worth staying here, at least."

Head out.  Head down in an attempt to get out of the building.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:18:37 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: March 01, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »

"... Right. Science Team Aether, center on me! We're heading out!"

Gather my group and head in a direction to be determined by PM.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: March 01, 2013, 04:15:04 pm »

Science teams, eh?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: March 01, 2013, 04:17:12 pm »

Hrm? Did you say something?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: March 01, 2013, 04:20:02 pm »

Wait a bit, then walk outside, -just- in case magic works outside and everyone still likes the idea of MURDER.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: March 01, 2013, 04:31:27 pm »

I'll head out into the corridor and up the stairs, then wander randomly until I find something of interest.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: March 01, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »

"So no magic, huh? Well, we've still got good old fashioned fun and games. Rock Paper Scissors?"

Follow Derm. Make hand gesture decided through a PM.

"I'm killer at this game. You'll never beat me at it."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: March 01, 2013, 05:13:30 pm »

"We'll see about that."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: March 01, 2013, 05:33:35 pm »

go places, look for stuff to steal and objects that can serve as makeshift weapons
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:53:27 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: March 01, 2013, 06:10:18 pm »

Attempt to leave the building via following the crowd
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 435