Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956971 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2790 on: March 08, 2013, 02:48:25 pm »

((I was just going to summon an undead legion after I have the potency to ensure reasonable amounts of success))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: March 08, 2013, 03:25:32 pm »

"Well, this should be enough gold for now. Hell, who am I trying to kid, there's never enough gold! But this place is getting kinda dull, seeing as I don't need any of the weapons and armor and tools that are in the crates. Maybe there's some gold outside though..."

Turn the hammer back into the hoverchair, and ride it outside. Laugh at the pathetic force that is gravity as I ignore the path and float to the bottom. If attacked, counter with a golden pimp-slap from one of my giant hands.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: March 08, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »

Damnit. Easy come, easy go I guess.

Activate Trial #003, "Mathemagic"

Attention Science Team. I know we have a policy of PMing potentially dangerous knowledge, so this particular one, despite thinking it's going to break apart, is going in through PM. It could be superawesome dangerous.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: March 08, 2013, 04:25:39 pm »

Ooh...

Look around, do stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 08, 2013, 05:34:06 pm »

+1 channeling

Leave the area once again. Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 08, 2013, 05:40:40 pm »

Go with thrakor

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2796 on: March 08, 2013, 07:38:05 pm »

Go to the basement and find an unoccupied room. Will mushrooms to grow into a throne, then read scrolls.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2797 on: March 09, 2013, 03:36:10 am »

((Time for some testing))
"You dare challenge us golem! prepare for demiseor to turn us into your playthings if you turn out horribly more powerful than us"

Say words at golem thing then pickup sword and give it the idea that I am the boss if the golem is still alive then chop it to bits.

[spd:1]
[Autosmith spd:5-1]
[AS dex:4]
[AS str:4+1]
[spd:1+2]
[end:4]
You open your mouth about half a second before the Golem's hammer catches you flat on the right shoulder and sends you cartwheeling across the room and through several crates. You land in a heap against the wall, your right arm broken in several places, slipping in and out of consciousness.

Hm... not much of a fan of reading... but considering I know nothing of where I'm at or this world or much about this book, might as well read... might somehow save my life if I'm lucky hahaha.

Skim through all the scrolls and see what each one is generally about. If there is a whole ton of scrolls, just pick a few that look interesting and skim those instead. 

There are a whole bunch here so...you pick the ones that look the most interesting.

The first one looks like one about geography.

The second appears to be related to "The Eight Sealers"

The third, appears to be about some sort of ancient kingdom that came before this one, although it's not terribly in depth.

walk into storage room, say word at spawned monster depending on what its made of.
Your intrusion doesn't seem to bring anything new, so you turn your attention to the golem that just swatted a man across the room.
[spd:3+1]
[AS spd:1-1]
[pot:1+1]
You shout your word at the golem, and for an instant it feels like nothing is going to happen. Then the mark on your forehead burns and you feel a new surge of power running through you.
[pot:6+1]
[AS dex:2]
A magic circle opens up beneath the Golem's feet and a beam of arcane energy bursts forth, engulfing the machine in a hellish red glow.  You watch with a smirk as it melts and crumbles apart.

You gain a point.

Activate mark by focusing on it. Then say more words and activate second mark.
"Step two."
You activate the mark but it doesn't seem to do anything on it's own. Hmm.
[pot:2+1]
Your second tattoo appears, activates instantly but then fades away after a few seconds.How odd.

Silica turns towards Sanya, noticing the disintegration of her copper rod.
"I take it that you didn't intend to reduce the rod to ink, right?"
She then says "Zerthel Shubha, aiming at the ground in front of Sanya beside the ink puddle".
"I can't replicate it though, I can make a replacement for it, here, take it."
"Everyone else still hasn't returned, shall we check on them?"

[pot:1+2]
You manage to summon up a tiny iron stick. Sanya just kinda stares at you.

"~Wax. The-ultimate-equalizer.~"

There are words that need to be said.
And said they shall be.
[pot:5+1]
What looks like a bracelet or cuff made of pure, boiling light appears in front of you and drifts to the ground. It proceeds to completely annihilate the stone and detonate. Yikes.
[pot:4+1]
The next word summons up a storm of glowing particles that hover in mid air, forming and reforming into wireframe platonic solids before vanishing.
Ok.

Hmm.  Again, did my minion survive?

If so, order minion to interpose itself between me and the monsters, then enact plan Terrible Idea.

Otherwise, Say words at the new monsters, then keep a healthy distance from other any survivors.
Mr.Rotten is still around, a bit dazed as to whats going on by the look of him, but otherwise fine. And it looks like all the monsters have vanished/been destroyed.

So I'll just have you hold off on those particular words for now, shall I? For the good of your friends and your limbs.

"Thanks for your help Glassco. Maybe we should head inside now though. I think I'm finished with spellcasting for the moment."
I'll check the third set of bandages to see if they still have the tattoo. I'll then pick up my spear and use it as a walking stick to get inside. Once I'm inside, I'll fully examine it, seeing if it has any steel in it.
Well, the bandages lack any form of body modification, so you hobble your way inside and sit down, leaning against one of the carved pillars in the hall of Heroes. The bone spear that you managed to accidentally generate out of your forearm looks to be made entirely of bone. The actual point of it seems to be made of the bones of the hand, partially fused and sharpened, while the pole is just an extremely elongated Radius and Ulna. Kinda ghoulish, but effective.

Thrakor looked at the two people following him. 

"Move as a group and we'll be fine."

Move through the gate.  Say Magic Plan Hocus-Pocus at anything aggressive.
You squeeze through the gate and into the village proper. The road takes a sharp turn directly after the gate and continues down through a series of homes carved into the living rock of the mountain. Scattered bodies line the path and the signs of a struggle -frantic footprints in spilt blood- mark the entrences to the buildings. Nestled amongst the homes are two that don't quite fit; a larger building that looks like a storehouse of sorts, and an ornate looking building sitting on the bend of the road just before it doubles back to continue down the mountain.

Couched in the middle of the road, picking at one of the corpses, cutting bits of it off with a rusted, curved knife, is a man. Or whats left of one. He's pale, emaciated, barely clothed and has strips of necrotic flesh hanging from his mouth. He turns to look at you, hops around the body like some sort of carrion bird, and then charges you, his eyes filled with blind rage.

[spd:3+1]
[Ghoul spd:1]
[pot:3]
[dex:3]
[str:4]
[ghoul spd:3]
[ghoul end:6]

You clench your hand into a fist and say your words. Your fist crackles with minor electrical discharge as the ghoul charges.  It raises it's blade for an overhead blow,but you duck low and bring your fist up in a powerful uppercut. You miss his jaw but you manage to catch him in the arm and send him stumbling a few feet back. He catches his balance and shrieks at you before charging again.

Quick question!

Is anyone here actually planning on killing other players? Cause I'm really starting to hate PMing all the time.

Shoot a blast of arcane energy at the golemn with my arcane/wood rod.
You don't have that rod anymore-it didn't come through the portal with you. But you're also no longer under attack, so it all works out nicely.

((AKA, thy shalt put all your points in dexterity.))
((Oh, and I'm not really planning to kill anyone else. Especially since I don't know any words and that kinda stuff. My early Zentol was kind of a "Kill-before-you-get-killed" reaction. Please don't murder me :c))

"Thank you."

Leave the building and say "Uristrast No-noheim".
[pot:4+1]

You summon a bear. Made of booze. Unfortunately booze bear, being made of liquid, collapses and splatters out everywhere. Oh booze bear, we bearly knew ye.

Kin thanks Javier for the help and then follows Thrakor. He readies his favorite word if any hostile mob.

((I'd kill for more points in channeling but seeing as I effectively have a one word limit I can't make any elaborate killing words.))
You walk down with thrakor and watch, rather dumbfounded as the Ghoul attacks him. You shake yourself out of your stupor after Thrakor's failed uppercut and decide to try your hand at murder.
[pot:4]
Nothing happens. Hmmm

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glassco offers John any help getting back inside if he needs it, but he lags outside a bit. "Just wanna try something real quick like, won't be long." He mutters some words where they will work, then walks inside to join John. "Thinkin' you should probably sit down somewhere, there should be a chair somewhere around here..." Glassco checks the main floor for chairs, or if any of the two rooms connected to it have chairs.
Left leg tingles.
[pot:2]
Nada.

You walk into the building and look around. There's a chair in the reading room, but thats the only one around here.

"Well, this should be enough gold for now. Hell, who am I trying to kid, there's never enough gold! But this place is getting kinda dull, seeing as I don't need any of the weapons and armor and tools that are in the crates. Maybe there's some gold outside though..."

Turn the hammer back into the hoverchair, and ride it outside. Laugh at the pathetic force that is gravity as I ignore the path and float to the bottom. If attacked, counter with a golden pimp-slap from one of my giant hands.
[will:4+1]
You return your hammer to chair form and proceed to float back outside to the temple grounds.

Now this high dive of yours will require a will roll to float down softly. Sure you wanna do that?

Damnit. Easy come, easy go I guess.

Activate Trial #003, "Mathemagic"

Attention Science Team. I know we have a policy of PMing potentially dangerous knowledge, so this particular one, despite thinking it's going to break apart, is going in through PM. It could be superawesome dangerous.

You summon up a bow made of the strange dust. It hovers in mid air for a moment before dissipating. Hmm.

Ooh...

Look around, do stuff.
Well, everything seems safe, so you move to plan "Everything seems safe."
[pot:2]

Fail hard.

+1 channeling

Leave the area once again. Words.
You head back outside and say some words.
[pot:1+1]
Fail hard 2: Fail harder

Go with thrakor
You walk down to the area where thrakor is doing battle with some sort of crazed homeless man by the look of it.

Go to the basement and find an unoccupied room. Will mushrooms to grow into a throne, then read scrolls.

You walk down the stairs to the temple basement hallway and give your staff a try.
[will:3]
You manage to summon up a few small mushrooms, but nothing so grand as a fungus throne. Hmmm.

You've got 8 scrolls here, 7 of which are unread. They're all about the gods; do you just want to start at random or do you have a particular one you'd like to look at?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: March 09, 2013, 03:39:14 am »

"Huh, that didn't go as well as intended. I guess I need to make additional modifications to my current body."
Move a safe distance away from Sanya. Say words. Aim as far away as possible and avoid aiming near anyone. Back away while doing so. Then go with Sanya.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:43:37 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 09, 2013, 03:43:41 am »

((Goddammit))

Stop being so sucky and say proper words then pickup sword and use with the wood to make a makeshift splint.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:53:18 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 09, 2013, 03:51:46 am »

thank my god for its divine assistance,
 Walk over to a crate that isnt near my fellow cultists and use one of my daggers to carve a rune circle into the side,
Hide behind another crate to the right of the rune crate and activate the circle

+1 channeling
I love my god :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 09, 2013, 04:35:00 am »

"Hm. Well that's intresting."
Say Cantar No-Noheim

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 09, 2013, 04:54:05 am »

"~The-Lights-Of-Death. I-like.~"

Say more things, glorious things indeed!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2803 on: March 09, 2013, 05:02:02 am »

((It's not? Damn.))

Kin was confused. He thought he had the right word, but it would seem he didn't - he tried another against the ghoul.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 09, 2013, 07:25:56 am »

"Why is it always the important ones that dinnae work?"

Do it again.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 435