Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956384 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Signing up!
Name:Theresa.
Stats: 1 everything but potency and channeling, which are 2.
First action, go find some sort of weapon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I believe this rtd would benifit from the standard status section at the bottom of turns because I can't tell if there are any enemies left or not or who is where.

Move forward unto the enemy. Use aura to shred faces and foce hands to crush heads.
(ok. I'll just start posting my complete list of stuff. which includes location, stats, inventory etc. I'll add on a thing under it about what enemies are where and who is in trouble with them.)

You run over and quickly finish off the horribly burnt man thats sitting against a wall. He and a good chunk of the wall deconstruct into tiny pieces before your aura fades away.

[you gain 1 point.]

Hmm.
Pick up the knife and slice a deep gash into my hand and pour blood into the basin

You offer some blood to the basin and receive a strange white mask of your own in return.

Wait, I'm still alive, right?  Just almost dead, right?  If I am dead, respawn please.  Otherwise...

"Ugh... damn... it.   One... last... trick..."

Magical words to save my ass.

Also +1 Pot
[pot:4]
A mark appears and you activate it with your last damn breath.  Your body turns into electricity. Neato. Well, you're not dying anymore, but you better heal yourself if you ever want to turn human again, otherwise you're just gonna instantly keel over.

Walk over to the extra crispy villager and say word
Shoot him with crossbow if he survives.

Afterwards grab the first corpse i can lay my hands on and place it in my circle, then activate it.

Looks like derm totally stole your kill. The bastard. Well, whatever, science to do.

You run over to the corpse that Thrakor made-the one he electrocuted, not the one he reduced to dogfood- and huck it into the circle before activating it. The circle activates, glows red and...stays active. But nothing seems to happen to the body. Hmm.

Raise bow, feel awesome.

Halthelshar Shareeb Shaontrod Ah-thaelao.

Also back away from that because there's science afoot.
[pot:5]
You summon a bundle of steel arrows with razor sharp glass tips. Also they're floating in mid air for some reason. Just floating there. Huh.

(In before someone builds a giant floating Zeppelin fortress and take off into the wild blue yonder. Or more realistically takes off and meets the sky clowns.)

"Cainthalsaz Shaazeshelial..."
Activate mark then arcane hug the Smoulderer.

[spd:3]
[smd spd:5]
[smd dex:6]
[spd:2]
[end:1-1]
The Smolderer breathes another cloud of flame and everything vanishes into darkness as your body burns away.

(You're dead. Respawn or new character?)

"Well, I hope there's some light source down there. But even if there's not, I'll make my way through with pure desire!"

Look around for any light source I might be able to take, and have one of my golden hands carry it. Then have said hand float down the ladder to test how deep it goes.
There's wood around here. You could probably light it on fire as a light source. As per your hands, they're kinda too giant to fit in the hole. The hole is barely big enough to fit a person, let alone a magnificent golden hand.

Karenthar Zoth-Hareth Plu-Shastaron!!
Kill it on the altar! My sentient lump of flesh and blood shall not live!
If nothing happens, cut off both my pinkies, and little toes, and throw them into the altar
Leave whether successful or not!

[pot:4+1]
You get a lump of flesh and a pool of blood, neither of which are useful to sacrifice. Your amateur attempts at body modification result only in you now being able to count to 16, at best.

You sigh and walk back outside to the path and the village homes.

[...Yeah, kind of figured that would happen eventually. Got three two times, third attempt, knew it would go badly.]

Respawn, but with a different stat arrangement.
Spoiler: Glassco MK II (click to show/hide)
When respawned: Try not to vomit from having experienced death, idly wonder if it is possible to die permenantly, if successful in not vomiting go back to Scarlon's shrine. Give awkward cough, make sacrifice again. Take mask, wear mask, and move back out into court yard. If possible, punt nearest tiny chest plate. If I somehow still have time, touch second nearest chest plate, say words.
I say I at least only have a one in six chance of doing all of this A: Not covered in vomit, B: Not failing to sacrifice right, C: Not failing to punt the accursed tiny chest plate, and D: Saying the words right. I'll take those odds.
You reawaken back in the original summoning room.

Ow.

You quickly run, reset your covenant, and head back outside. You punt the tiny chest plates straight off the cliff. In your rage you forget about their usefulness and manage to kick them all off the cliff before you can do any of the magic you have planned.

"oh well."

Hm... blood huh? I wanna find more dangerous words to defend myself... well unless something is weak against blood... but I couldn't imagine something like that... excpet by a faulty blood transfusion.... but that'll be hard to do in a fight... and the metal bug i doubt even had blood... so if if i made tranfusing blood a viable option in a fight it might not even be an option... then again I got silver blood now.... hm.... wonder if I could kill stuff with that.... Anywho back to more word testing.

Say "Wortheliel"
[pot:1+1]
You summon the tiniest little drop of mercury. So tiny.

"~Fly-away-my-pretties!~"

Say new words.
[pot:5+1]
You summon a 9 foot tall fleshy man. He looks human enough, except for his blank eyes, lack of genitals and over all mannequin like appearance.

((You don't happen to have real dice right could you use those? Becuase this is getting ridiculous.))
"Fuck what happened my head... odd I feel different somehow."

Str:  1
End:  1
Dex:  0
Spd:  0
Awar: 0
Pot:  3
Will: 1
Chan: 4

Go and sacrifice a bit of blood into the bowl under the flaming brazier. Then go outside.

You sacrifice to Sha-calun and get yourself a nice new brand mark on your forehead. That done, you run back outside to the temple grounds. Hopefully this goes better.

((You don't happen to have real dice right could you use those? Becuase this is getting ridiculous.))
((I somehow get the feeling any dice piecewise owns would do far more harm than anything random.org could spit out.))
Mine are made from human bone. I hear them curse me some times. Oh well.

Silica aims away from everything and says "Clo-caltel Shaontrod"
She then speaks to the bear.
"Do you have a name or title that I should refer to you by?"
((I've got a feeling that if Corsair was given an endurance roll for that, he'd get a 6.))
[pot:3+2]

You get a bundle of 20 arrows. They look normal enough, except for the tip. The arrowhead is quite broad and thick, and filled with lots of tiny holes.

"I think my name was Patrick...once..." the bear responds. He isn't so much talking as the voice is just coming from him.

"You're becoming a bit of a pain to retreive, arm-spear."
Make yet another mental note of where the spear is. Then actions, words.
You have no idea where that spear went, except vaguely that it spun off to the north at mach 2.

You grumble and walk up next to Ryan.
[pot:3]
[will:6]
[ryan aware:2]
[ryan end:4]
A burst of arcane energy pops into existance directly on Ryan. It manages only to burn off his hair and eyebrows though.

Kin uses Garstopit against the remaining villagers.
No villagers remain. Only that green flame skeleton thingy.

"There, now tha's more like it."

Question why there is a mob, continue magiking.

+1 Speed
Sorry, one more enemy here. The flame skeleton guy. You're in the same "Space" with an enemy so you're still considered threatened even if it's not actively going after you.

I'm very thankful for the clockwork word.
I figured people might like it.

"Which way, which way? Down I guess."

Head downstairs. If horrible shite jumps out at me, run screaming in terror back the way I came.
You head down the stairs and into a very large room. Along either side of the room are dozens of pillars, each carved to resemble a different person. Huh. There's a big pair of double doors that lead outside, one door on your left, another on your right, and finally the spiral stairs keep going down.

"The only way forward is in there, I guess? Well, alright then. Hmpmf."

Say "Contallthelthel Clo-caltel" and head into the village, comforted by my new weapon.

The weapon you get is less a sword and more a terrifying serrated drill rapier of sorts. It's got a turn key on the handle and a trigger just under the guard. Not too threatening when not on, but looks like it could do some terrible damage when running.

You walk down, past the gate and into the village home area. It's a thin pathway with stone homes carved into the side of the mountain. There are several homes, a storehouse of sorts and a temple or church down just before the road turns and heads down into the village center.

An unarmed, emaciated, half naked man wanders out of one of the homes and over to the edge of the path. He kind of just stares out over the village, seemingly oblivious to you.

Signing up!
Name:Theresa.
Stats: 1 everything but potency and channeling, which are 2.
First action, go find some sort of weapon.
Well there's no weapon in here with all these damn monks. You walk out into the hall and look around at all the altars. They've all got knives, but you can't take them away from the altar. Hmm. This one Altar with the impaled lady looks pretty metal though. That god would probably hook you up.

Hopefully explode monster, and tell minion to kill it.  Or enchant minion if it's dead.
[dex:6-1]

The wave of pure force that you fire out in front of you slams into the strange creature and the corpse from which it is emanating. Both go flying back into a wall, but besides moving it back some, the creature seems unaffected by your attack.

[Trapped spirit dex:1+1]
The malevolent spirit suddenly lashes out, it's flaming arms stretching with surprising speed and grasping at you. They miss by a mile though, luckily.

Statuses

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"~Respond-Tod-2A! Respond-fleshy-thing!~"

If Tod-2A is alive, have him pick me up, Master Blaster style. In any case, say "Doldastar Trialo Shasharasp".

((Going to stop PMing these things as well. After all, there's no point in killing players anymore.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:50:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

((* 4 pool now PW I think (with 4 chan and all)))
"Time for some fun"

"Quiello Zorhalth Contallthelthel Hobitaeoid" Then impress on it to not burn the hell out of me.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile

Saurinae kneels down in front of the altar and thanks Scarlon for his blessings.
He then puts on the mask. Then walks out of the monastery and says "Szaheeb Zothelthcaon"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:02:03 am by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

point at large space in red circle and say WORDS to summon a homonculus inside it, if homonculus is unaffected throw my crystal candle in as well.

Quote from: Piecewise
(In before someone builds a giant floating
Zeppelin fortress and take off into the wild blue
yonder. Or more realistically takes off and
meets the sky clowns.)

Id say challenge accepted but... soulstealing cockblock...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Glassco grumbles behind his mask, happily watching the tiny chest plates sail off. "Fucking chest plates. Who needs 'em? Not the guy who got turned into one, that's for sure. Bloody useless things." He retrieves his steel spear if possible and sighs, removing his mask to pinch his brow for a moment, then returning it. "Alright, where to next John? I'm getting tired of this place, already died once today, don't quite fancy dying again. At least not in the same place. Or within an hour of the last. Or ever really, but I have a feeling this will be unpleasantly often."

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:28:52 am by Xanmyral »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So you were once human... what happened? Did my spell insert you into this construct?"
"Sanya I'm testing a telepathic link spell on us, if you don't want to take the risk, tell me."
Silica designates herself and Sanya as targets. If Sanya does not decline her offer, she says "Kallth Pouerstol"
((This is either going to give a telepathic link or I'm going to have to re-characterize Silica as a yandere when she respawns. Though I'm reasonably confident that nothing bad will happen.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:15:37 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to join in on this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Upon spawning, exit out the main door and enter the fourth door on the left.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll continue the assault, using words.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Respawn.
"Note to self: become immune to damage before combat."
Head out side, say words:
"Zaral."
"Zzeralleth."
"Conth."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:40:56 am by Nahere »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karenthar Gars!
Down the village main road I go!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:14:59 am by javierpwn »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Maybe these won't destroy my other han-

I have one hand. HOW AM I GOING TO USE THIS AWESOME BOW.

Grab one arrow. Test fire  it at wall if possible.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

"So you were once human... what happened? Did my spell insert you into this construct?"
"Sanya I'm testing a telepathic link spell on us, if you don't want to take the risk, tell me."
Silica designates herself and Sanya as targets. If Sanya does not decline her offer, she says "Kallth Pouerstol"
((This is either going to give a telepathic link or I'm going to have to re-characterize Silica as a yandere when she respawns. Though I'm reasonably confident that nothing bad will happen.))

You have two arms. I have a bow and the possibility of creating an airship.

GET IN. YOU SHOOT, I'LL DRIVE.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 435