Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956384 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3585 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:22 am »

Do whatever it is your do to pledge yourself to a god.

((I think it's blood offering? I mildly forgot. Any help from the peanut gallery on this one?))

((Yep a blood offering))
((Well, that shouldn't be too difficult. Thanks for the clarification.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: March 31, 2013, 11:26:30 am »

"Yeah, could you give me a hand?  Just wrap me in a robe or something and point my face at people.  I can shoot eyebeams!  Or if you can find someone that can do three word spells, they could make me an electric control weapon so I could fix myself.  That'd be pretty swell."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: March 31, 2013, 11:54:31 am »

"Right, lets get this party started."

Shareeb Rothon Shaontrod Harialltontal Donth

Then lets start heading down the mountain, closely examining my surroundings, people near me, areas of interest, and routes to travel.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: March 31, 2013, 12:08:44 pm »

[Yeah, its a blood sacrifice. There may be ways to pledge differently, but this is plenty simple enough. Maybe if you want to go "ye olde covenant" you can gather some animals. Doubt that would be anything but showy however.]

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: March 31, 2013, 12:11:40 pm »

((Naw I think it has to be your own blood. If you tried sacrificing animals, it'd probably give the animals the powers instead of you... though maybe you guys with flesh and blood minions might wanna try that and see if your minions can get powers from contracting with the gods.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #3590 on: March 31, 2013, 12:13:40 pm »

Kin climbs up from the cliff edge and picks one of the metal sticks the mage threw at Thrakor.

"You okay, buddy? Would you like me to carry you if I don't get instantly shocked?"
"Yeah, could you give me a hand?  Just wrap me in a robe or something and point my face at people.  I can shoot eyebeams!  Or if you can find someone that can do three word spells, they could make me an electric control weapon so I could fix myself.  That'd be pretty swell."

Kin tries to pick Thrakor up with a improvised bag cloth made from the mage's clothes while also making sure to not have the metal stick in the general vicinity of him.

"Wanna go somewhere specific or should I pick a way?"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3591 on: March 31, 2013, 12:20:48 pm »

((Naw I think it has to be your own blood. If you tried sacrificing animals, it'd probably give the animals the powers instead of you... though maybe you guys with flesh and blood minions might wanna try that and see if your minions can get powers from contracting with the gods.))
((That's why I'm trying to spawn a shrine to Quicksilver. Wanna see if I can make Fluffy even faster and I don't know whether or not magical things continue to exist in the temple, what with the anti-magic field and all.))

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: March 31, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »

"I'll let you pick the exact direction. Heading parallel to the path might work."

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: March 31, 2013, 01:07:36 pm »

((That's why I'm trying to spawn a shrine to Quicksilver. Wanna see if I can make Fluffy even faster and I don't know whether or not magical things continue to exist in the temple, what with the anti-magic field and all.))

((They still exist inside. There was person who summoned a half flesh skeleton and then went into the basement to kill stuff there. They would've had to gone through the anti-magic area to do that.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: March 31, 2013, 01:34:06 pm »

((I believe that the Anti-Magic field is only in the spawn room, to prevent spawnkills.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: March 31, 2013, 01:43:10 pm »

((Quick question: do I photosynthesize? With the being a crystal- plant man and stuff.))

Say "Clo-caltel Ku-karua Gathel-Lereth" again and get a fancy suit and a fedora. Then head back to "my" house

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: March 31, 2013, 01:49:37 pm »

((I believe that the Anti-Magic field is only in the spawn room, to prevent spawnkills.))
[Its on every floor but the basement. I assume that, yes, it is to indeed prevent spawnkilling, but its entirely possible to take a sword and some armor and wait in the spawn room. People wouldn't much like you however, and it would be a rather cheap thing to do.]

Glassco nods at John. "Fair enough." He takes a good look around to see the available routes for a flying bowl that avoids such things that are dangerous to their organs. If none are present, go parallel to the path, if one is present, go that direction but stick close to the mountain for now.

Sticking close the the mountain meaning, "if bad things happen and people do the magic that makes us fall down, we won't go splat too badly."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:17:28 pm by Xanmyral »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3597 on: March 31, 2013, 02:08:53 pm »

Inspect this crate, and salvage anything of interest, then continue to the overlook.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:11:24 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3599 on: March 31, 2013, 05:05:55 pm »

Also, on my character sheet, it only lists 2/20 uses of my element. Is that on purpose? Because I could swear I've used it more than twice...

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 435