Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956873 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3630 on: April 01, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »

Yay! Armor! Pauldrons too! Those are the shoulder pieces, FYI.
Grin in a insane way. Go find the room with scrolls in it, and read up on my god. But first, say Adamenstiar Dontalthelielio. Put on result.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: April 01, 2013, 01:27:39 pm »

Jixiu follows along.
"Sooo.......... We got a plan, or what?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: April 01, 2013, 03:09:39 pm »

I had an idea. Would it be possible to free the other, ally with it, kill the gods, absorb their power, use that to kill the other, absorb it, and ascend to godhood? Seems like a good idea to me. More power!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: April 01, 2013, 03:22:48 pm »

I had an idea. Would it be possible to free the other, ally with it, kill the gods, absorb their power, use that to kill the other, absorb it, and ascend to godhood? Seems like a good idea to me. More power!

((This plan has several problems with it. Firstly, it assumes that you can ally with the Other, which is incredibly unlikely if you consider the relative balance of power between yourself and it, namely a random schmuck with a spellbook and a being that can seemingly do anything if called upon while sealed, and the inherent difficulties there would be in convincing such a creature that it might need anything of you. Secondly, it assumes that you can somehow kill the Other. Thirdly, it assumes that you can somehow absorb its power and somehow not actually become the Other in the process. Fifthly, and this is the least concern, this plan requires that you kill all the gods, whose exact nature we can only guess at, and absorb their power without running into an upper limit of some kind.))

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: April 01, 2013, 03:37:19 pm »

Second part is dealt with AFTER the gods go splat, so others power(what we have)+gods=no other.
Third part is a problem, but it should be possible. And the fourth, not fifth, part is dealt with by making some sort of magical battery or something, that should be possible. The first part can be summed up in 3 words. Humans are insane. After all, Cthulu is worshiped by some people. And humans are VERY good at being creative.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #3635 on: April 01, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »

Kin could use his hat to carry Thrakor around (should Nahere fail spectacularly). So he scooped Thrakor up and then carefully made it so his head was upright and not aimed at me. He also checked his surroundings. He also said Hathic.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: April 01, 2013, 04:05:35 pm »

((PS Hathic is crystal if you didn't know.  Try Rentheaol instead.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: April 01, 2013, 04:07:42 pm »

((I think it would be easier if we contacted the gods and got them on our side to fight the Other. Wich means getting people up to a sufficiently high level with their god, wich means a looong time of survival and a lot of stuff.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: April 01, 2013, 04:28:04 pm »

[Some notes:
@Miauw: The gods are trying to fight the other. They're what's keeping him at bay, and what gives the liches their powers. Sadly, they may be doing everything they already can, which is just keeping him at bay and from putting the world into a paper shredder.
@Harry Baldman: I'll just add on that the Other isn't actually being sealed. That's his avatar. Just his avatar. Yeah, let that sink in. Our spells? They come from it.]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: April 01, 2013, 05:21:51 pm »

Sootheel Thrancaole Shubha Roncal-thol.

I'm going to invent the pen, guys. Wish me luck.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3640 on: April 01, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »

Ah. Thank you.

Will some of my little fungus followers to become little fungus suicide sporebombers, then continue to the ruin.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3641 on: April 01, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »

((@Everybody and especially people experimenting with runes: A business proposal, for mutual power, knowledge and profit.

I am going to be going down towards the village in about 2-4 turns depending on how things turn out for me.  Once there I'm going to be creating a lot of stuff, mostly weapons and armor, as well as some sentient human test subjects, while I science stuff, so I was thinking we could reach a mutually beneficial agreement:

What I offer:

*I provide materials for you to experiment on.
*I can cast any spells you require to you or your test subjects.
*I give you free weapons, armor, test subjects and word based enhancements. And with 55%+ known words and 6 pool, I can create (nearly) anything you want.
*I offer pool for larger runes (I have 6 pool).

In exchange I request:

*I may occasionally ask you to cast a spell or rune on me or my minions to determine the strength and effects of my enhancements.
*I may occasionally ask for rune enhancements for my cages and my test subjects (since words have their limits).

How this benefits us all:

*Profit. When people come down from the temple (because let's face it, people are going to die a lot) they are going to need equipment and enchantments. We can sell them our services in exchange for knowledge or souls.
*Power. The more we are, the better we can defend ourselves and the more we can achieve.
*Knowledge. The more we are, the easier we can gather knowledge, and knowledge is power (see above).
*Larger rune creation. The more people that gather together, the larger and more complicated the runes we can create. (Some rune combos require 20+ mana)
*Science. We can discover how runes and words (especially tattoos) interact with each other.

Optionally, this deal can also include:

*Full disclosure agreement. All knowledge is shared between participating parties.

So, anybody interested in participating in this shop-college-magicsmith-gang-thingy? The first weapon I'm making is going to be REALLY interesting...))
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:21:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: April 01, 2013, 08:14:02 pm »

Rival groups will be overshadowed and anihilated by the science team.

Join or perish.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: April 01, 2013, 08:23:10 pm »

((I know you probably get alot of PM so in case you missed mine, I meant to say "Taaelth" not "Taaleth" last round.  As for this round, regardless of what that gets me...))

Ozzy has grown tired of science, his capacity of magic is too slow to fit his thirst for knowledge and thus he must adventure to build his magical muscles so that he can later pursue science with more gusto.

That being said he tries his first spell once more, shouting "Con-tel Zerth!".  If a mark appears he will try and activate it.

As long as such an attempt doesn't kill him, Ozzy will then venture forth from in front of the temple taking whatever path looks less traveled.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: April 01, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »

Hmm.  That disrupts my plans a little, I thought it was a second full body tatoo somehow.  I guess humanoid critters like my former minion have only one zone?  Speaking of, what happened to him?  Did he die when I died?

I should probably summon a new minion, but first say words, then head down to the village.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 435