Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956395 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3645 on: April 01, 2013, 11:21:32 pm »

((Crap forgot about the hound XD))
*Try to hit the magihound with "Rothon Garstorpit", if that fails hack it apart with the cleaver*

Well, you've only got 1 pool, (regardless of what the statuses said if I forgot to change that) so we'll go with just some Rothon.
[spd:1]
[spd magihound:6]
[Magihound dex:2]
The Magihound lunges at you and misses yet again. You know, for a weirdly sentient and evil hound this thing doesn't have very good aim.
[pot:3]
[magihound spd:1]
[magihound end:4]
The magihound convulses as electricity courses through it. A moment later it stand up and shakes itself off, seemingly unaffected.

((Hey, I survived.  That is… kind of surprising.))
Look around for danger, if there is no danger say Hath-caon Talo.
You look around. Well, there are two guys staring at each other very angrily, but nothing else. Well, safe enough.
[pot:3]

You summon an incredibly tiny pair of legs.

"These are not proportional."

FINISH HIM! FOR STEVE!

oh and get the fuck out of dex free caster range before its his turn to cast.

((Not that I'm complaining, but where did the Lost Spirit disappear to?))

"~Silly-feller.~"

Do Things.

[sven spd:2+2]
[tod spd:2]
[sven pot:3+1,1+1,4+1,5+1]
[tod spd:2]
Yeah, tod is dead. Tod is very dead. His possessions and minion all crumble to ash.

Sven gains a point.

(harry, you're dead. Feel free to give me a new character.)

"Ugh I don't remember eating that... or that"
Go and use fire control via sword to kill the big heavy fighting those three others then run off back towards the village and use words on anyone who attempts to kill me otherwise use non-violent words.
Well...he's dead so...

[pot:5+1,3+1,4+1,1+1]

You get an image of a snake, A warhammer, a chain and something you can't make out.

"Hah!"

Say "Clo-caltel Shareeb Baltaellsheral", see if the resulting gauntlet fits on my new robotic arm.

((Here's me hoping for some sort of gauntlet that's made to fit on my arm.))
[pot:1+1]
Nopes.

Shoshashzel Cycallozion the wind man.

He's far too dead for this.

"Haha! Success! I created a wormhole that transported me to... umm... to..." Octo looked around and noticed the spawn room. "I died, didn't I? Damn it!"

If the evil cube is still out there, go to the basement storage room, say Defensive Mark Words (PM) and activate it.

Else go out and say "Shareeb Zorhalth Esprio" while thinking of a floorless (or at least steel floor) cage large enough to comfortably fit a human. Then say "Rothcaltal Haltol Thaltelsho" and see what happens.
((Probably liquid sand (whatever that is), but with that I will know all the elements with 100% certainty.))

((EDIT: Woops, wrong word. Fixed it now.))
You head back out to the temple grounds.
[pot:4+1]
Well...You get yourself a cage made of steel and FIRE! Fucking metal and FIRE.
[pot:1+1]
Your head burns.
[Pot:6+1]
You fire a beam of liquid sand out at nothing

"OH GOD WHAT AM I DOING?"

Go down the mountain, mumbling arcane obscenities to myself the whole way down.

"Enslaved myself to a god, check... Collection of weapons, check... Freaky mutations, not check... Army of minions, not check... I've got some work ta' do."

You wander down the mountain to the village outer gate.

[pot:6+1]
You summon a bird made of glass. It's broken.

Thaltesho Zerth Clo-Caltel
Down the cliff path to the city!

[pot:4+1]
You summon a knife. It appears to inject sand into whatever it stands, assuming it has sand in its Reservoir.  You head back down the path to the Village outer gate.

"I'm going to do a bit of non-offensive science while you do that, hey?"

Word and word.
[pot:1]
[pot:1]
Good thing these words don't have any inherent physical form, otherwise you'd be fucked.

"Dangit. Oh well, may as well use that pool."
"Adamenstiar Shubha Hobitaeaod Rothon"
Will my arm back. If I succeed, drop sword, deactivate mark, and pick up staff (provided it won't zap me) and will Thrakor to regrow his body.
[pot:2+1]
Yeah, you make a tiny diamond stick that doesn't seem to have any power to it. Grumble.

Well let's inspect the warehouse... but first a test! I wanna see I can work these marks from long range.

Look for a big chuck of rock or piece of wood. Say "Dorbaelo Uristrast" but don't activate resulting mark. Walk away a little and then try activating it with will power! (or some other means of long range mark activation.) If it works, awesome! If not, go pick it up and hold it over my mouth and activate it because I need a drink...

After the little experiment, head into the warehouse. Look for some torches or at the least stuff to make a torch. While I'm at it, look for glass bottles. I got a plan with those hahaha....

Well the rock becomes booze for a moment and then returns to rock. But yeah, you can activate marks from a distance; assuming you have a good pot roll when you make it.

You walk into the warehouse and are immediately accosted by a man with a pitchfork. God damn mother forker.

"Hm... Forest or ocean, forest or ocean... On one hand, crashing would result in broken trees and pain. On the other hand, crashing would probably result in drowning. Maybe. Worst we'll see is maybe some lesser, non-sky pirates if we go to the sea though, while we may see other mages if we head to the forest. Mages, would that be a good term for those of us trying to break the seal? Seal breakers? Avatar killers? Naive Rubes?" Glassco ponders, lost in thought on a different tangent. "Well, unless you would like to weigh in Captain John of the Escaping Bones, I suggest the sea. I think said bones flew that-a-way, and you seem keen on finding your spine."

Unless John weighs in, go the ocean route! This ship bowl be sailing for the great blue!

[will:2+1]
Your floating bowl putters into little circles. You are clearly a daring man in a fantastic flying machine.

(Also, This is all I think of when I do these flying bowl posts)

Silica follows her party. She says "Szahell Shaontrod"

[pot:3+2]
You summon some strips of cloth that seem to have been cut into the shape of arrows. Huh.

"Yeah, I like him."

Bind myself to Blastel by slicing my palm.
You drip some blood into the basin.

"WHAT WEAPON WOULD YOU WIELD?"

Yay! Armor! Pauldrons too! Those are the shoulder pieces, FYI.
Grin in a insane way. Go find the room with scrolls in it, and read up on my god. But first, say Adamenstiar Dontalthelielio. Put on result.
[pot:2]
Sadness. Worse yet, it appears that someone has stolen the scrolls about gods from the reading room. The bastards!

Well, maybe that monk guy knows something about Yo-Drell.

Jixiu follows along.
"Sooo.......... We got a plan, or what?"

(pssst. Who are you following? I'll just teleport you down there for next turn, so assume you're with him, but I need to know so I can update my notes)

Kin could use his hat to carry Thrakor around (should Nahere fail spectacularly). So he scooped Thrakor up and then carefully made it so his head was upright and not aimed at me. He also checked his surroundings. He also said Hathic.
You scoop up Thrakor in your hat. He looks like a rabbit in a magicians top hat. Except that he's a severed human head made of electricity. And he talks. And your hat is huge. Really, there's not a lot of similarities, now that you think about it. Oh well.
[pot:4]
You summon up some crystals. How new age of you.

Sootheel Thrancaole Shubha Roncal-thol.

I'm going to invent the pen, guys. Wish me luck.
[pot:5]
You make a tiny copper-ink staff. Its sort of a pen...but it gets ink everywhere. All over you and everything it touches. Geez.

Ah. Thank you.

Will some of my little fungus followers to become little fungus suicide sporebombers, then continue to the ruin.
[will:5]
Your tiny mushroom men (who I count as a single collective entity, by the way) swell up with spores. They look like they're about to burst.

You follow the path towards the ruins and soon arrive at a gateway. The gate, which lies slightly open, is a massive wrought iron thing with twisting, complexly woven bars.
The walls that it hangs from are equally imposing; fifteen feet high and nearly solid stone with a line of iron spikes along the top. Beyond the gate is a larger road which looks like it cuts straight through the ruined shipyard.

An automaton-a 9 foot tall, featureless, humanoid golem made of solid iron-is standing near the gate. It's head, perfectly round, is tilted and turned toward the sea. As you approach, it turns to look at you. It's hands are glowing red hot, as though they've come straight out of a forge.

((I know you probably get alot of PM so in case you missed mine, I meant to say "Taaelth" not "Taaleth" last round.  As for this round, regardless of what that gets me...))

Ozzy has grown tired of science, his capacity of magic is too slow to fit his thirst for knowledge and thus he must adventure to build his magical muscles so that he can later pursue science with more gusto.

That being said he tries his first spell once more, shouting "Con-tel Zerth!".  If a mark appears he will try and activate it.

As long as such an attempt doesn't kill him, Ozzy will then venture forth from in front of the temple taking whatever path looks less traveled.

((I know you probably get alot of PM so in case you missed mine, I meant to say "Taaelth" not "Taaleth" last round.  As for this round, regardless of what that gets me...))

Ozzy has grown tired of science, his capacity of magic is too slow to fit his thirst for knowledge and thus he must adventure to build his magical muscles so that he can later pursue science with more gusto.

That being said he tries his first spell once more, shouting "Con-tel Zerth!".  If a mark appears he will try and activate it.

As long as such an attempt doesn't kill him, Ozzy will then venture forth from in front of the temple taking whatever path looks less traveled.

Your attempts fail on a fundamental level. Seems as though it's malformed in some way.  You shrug.

Now, about this path least traveled. You head down literally the only path you can-not counting the "Hurl yourself off a cliff" path that the rubber man tried- and end up at the village outer gate. Yay! Still not dead yet.

Hmm.  That disrupts my plans a little, I thought it was a second full body tatoo somehow.  I guess humanoid critters like my former minion have only one zone?  Speaking of, what happened to him?  Did he die when I died?

I should probably summon a new minion, but first say words, then head down to the village.
He dies when you do. I technically consider him part of your inventory, which is lost when you die.

For just an instant, you become what could be best described as a Lich. But you turn back again after an instant. Oh well.

As soon as you reach the middle of the path down a cloud Shepard; a strange being cloaked in clouds and walking beside the path, appears and makes rude gestures at you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: April 01, 2013, 11:32:30 pm »

Sorry harry, i was almost convinced to walk away but then you went and mentioned point distribution :-/
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 01, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »

High five pariah and keep a walkin. Say Shoshashzel Shareeb Shaontrod.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:38 pm »

"Universe, why do you hate me?"

Same words again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:29 pm »

Say "Hath-caon" and if the spell works see if the chunk of rubber is about the size of the chunk missing out of my arm, if the spell doesn't work, or the chunk of rubber is smaller than the wound in my arm say "Hath-caon" again.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 01, 2013, 11:48:21 pm »

Say "Hathic" and visualize Crystals shooting up from the earth and impaling the Magihound
((I soooo hope this works))
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 02, 2013, 12:07:25 am »

step 1: say words and poke resulting item with my metal rod, if the rod doesn't disintegrate grab the item.
step 2: high five Derm and follow him around.

+1 channeling... again...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:48:46 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: April 02, 2013, 01:13:46 am »

Glassco gives a laugh. "Well, seems I'm still getting the hang of maneuvering this right. To the ocean! Again! Hopefully it works this time!" Glassco is still full of enthusiasm of being in a flying bowl about to embark on a grand adventure. In the back of his mind, he wonders how many times he'll die before its over.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 02, 2013, 02:26:25 am »

Silica stays at the back of her group, she aims above where the pitchfork-wielding man will be but in front of Ryan and says "Dorbael Chall-thel"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:29:37 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:23 am »

"Well then interesting, I suspect that I may require metal sword over a glass one right now"
Say words then pickup creation then say other words
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 02, 2013, 05:05:05 am »

Hm... another crazy guy. Well now this time I'm ready! "Come at me at me, bitch!"

Quickly set my shotbow to 2 shot mode and shoot out one of his legs if he's far enough away. If he get's close though, attack his head with the backside of the cleaver to knock him out or at least stun him ((Not the sharp side since my character doesn't want to kill people at all)).

If my attack is successful, quickly grab his leg and yell, "Dorbaelo Doldastar".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:24:17 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 02, 2013, 05:14:14 am »

((Edit: Oops, had the completely wrong idea about my location.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:29:04 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 02, 2013, 05:25:24 am »

-Allianceproposalsnip-

((Well, I'm already in a house in the village doing science, so I guess I'll team up with ya. I don't think I know much that you don't know already tough. Altough I AM comfortable just staying here and doing nice shit. Heh, mayby we could just summon stone and a stone control staff and make a huge stone palace or guard tower. Mayby even with convenient shops or something. In short, I don't have much to offer but a +1 to pot rolls and 3 pool.))

Curse and say "Clo-caltel Shareeb Baltaellsheral" again.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:40:35 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:50 am »

((I've got to go back and read all the last few turns to get all the working words down, but I keep skipping over doing it... Still, I found something cool!))

Runic fun!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 02, 2013, 08:33:58 am »

Search for something to murder. Mumbling all the way.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 435