Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 957034 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #3945 on: April 09, 2013, 07:32:43 am »

If miauw doesn't post an action he summons a motorcyle by saying "Hamashalia clo-caltel Zaraeliela".
Hehe...much more betterer...
((That would probably summon a bicycle instead of a motorcycle, but it is an interesting idea. Maybe if I put some flesh in there for locomotion I CAN make a motorcycle. Very good idea, I'll test it next turn.

EDIT: Or maybe I can ditch all that and build the motorcycle the way good motorcycles deserve to be built: part by part with your hands.))

but...instant coiled snake motorcycle... you can always add on weapons and upgrade the engines part by part and with your hands... drawing runes with your finger counts right?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:55 am »

"Let's get to the sea before we start reshaping it. I wouldn't want to risk crashing for a cosmetic change."

I'll touch the airship/bowl and say "Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao".

((I think I might go for a Dark Hand.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3947 on: April 09, 2013, 09:38:17 am »

Well, shit. Respawn, go outside, and say "Clo-Caltel aels gars."
((Idea: Change that to "Clo-Caltel Aels Prathelthe" and you'll probably get something like this.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: April 09, 2013, 10:50:30 am »

"Done and done. Onward Sparky, to the sea! Hi-yah! Mush! Tally-ho!" Glassco commanded the beetle to move forward, towards the sea and back at the previous altitude. "With Sparky here helping us along, we won't need to float as much, more just needing it on the case that something bad happens to Sparky. Or me I suppose, since if I go splat then I don't think Sparky will be very perceptive to orders anymore... Hm. Say, think you can make me a non-conductive glove? If I can put a control mark on Sparky, I may be able to control him and then won't need to constantly hold him under mental dominion thanks to Scarlon. Thanks again for that masked guy, you're awesome!" He says to no one in particular, before continuing on his conversation with John. "Then again, me trying to make that mark may just apply it to the gloves, since I'd be touching them to touch Sparky... Hm. Ah well. Hm... Say, maybe... I have an idea." Glassco then says a word.

[We're coming for you spine and sky whale, you shall be ours!]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:58:02 am by Xanmyral »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #3949 on: April 09, 2013, 11:24:36 am »

"So true."

Kin says Rothon Halthel and uses the better of the two bodies to as the base and the rest he will form into a sphere. Should both of them be inadequate try to combine them before using them as a body.

"With the powers combined: Captain Abomination!"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: April 09, 2013, 11:39:05 am »

"Oh, looks like I've been sleep-magicing. I hope it was usefull for you guys."
Say words, put the result around my finger if it works. Try making a little bump in the wall or something like that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: April 09, 2013, 02:56:15 pm »

"God damn we suck."

Whack him in the nuts with the staff.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: April 09, 2013, 03:38:44 pm »

Activate wings and fly to my ship. Words.

"I feel vaguely surprised I acshully though' of tha' one. YER STILL NA' GETTIN' AWAY FROM ME!"
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: April 09, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »

Alright, time to start !!SCIENCE!!
Use Adamenstiar Gonteli... Again. Draw a circle.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: April 09, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »

Boo-yah! Point in potency.
Look around for loot. Say Cainthalsaz Contallthelthel. Make the result appear at least 5 meters away from me, in case it explodes or something.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:08:50 pm by ArchAIngel »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3956 on: April 09, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »

Well, shit. Respawn, go outside, and say "Clo-Caltel aels gars."
((derp))

Out to the temple grounds you go.
[pot:4+1]
Yay mechanical wings! They're giant, overtly ornate,very sharp and dangerous looking. You really don't want to get your finger caught in them.

Crap.  Double Dog Crap.  In an icecream cone.

After I stop screaming, lie down and try "Harial Flaszashal"

Activate if necessary and hope that doesn't make things worse.

[pot:6]
Your leg turns from a flesh eye stalk into a wax one.

"HOW IS THIS HELPING?!"

Freaking catacombs? Well it is under a church... but this place is screaming ghosts, zombies, and skeleton monsters... man I need to lay off of Elder Scrolls...

Anyways... should I do more word testing or do what my god is telling me to do in my head (do dexterous actions or change the elements of and object).

Let's go with the second one!

Set my Shotbow to 1 shot mode. Then find a nearby rock. Throw the rock up in the air and then shoot it. After that, put my hand on the stone wall and say "Dorbaelo Sootheel".

After my little exp farming, starting looting the room of useful things. If video games ever taught me anything it's that there is loot on dead bodies and ignore that fact that your desecrating the dead.

Shotbow only goes to 2. Oh well.

[dex:2+1]
Your shot just sort of clips the stone. Hmm.
[pot:6+1]
The stone turns into copper. Coolio.

[3]
You find nothing of real value amongst the dead. Though maybe you just missed it...

Fire my gun with a followup of Garstorpit!
[dex:2]
You fire a shot off straight above the creature's head. It grows, a strange gurgling sound, and charges you.
[spd:5]
[sd spd 6+1]
[Sd dex:4]
[spd:6+2]
[spd:2+2]
The Seadog leaps and catches hold of your right arm, wrapping it's tentacles around it while it bites. For a few seconds you feel pretty damn invincible as it gnaws hopelessly on your metal arm. And then you notice all the acid it's secreting and how your arm is beginning to corrode.

The seadog is too close for a straight garstopit to reach it (remember that single word spells effect a few feet in font of you.)

Sanya is taken by a fey mood!
Sanya looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
DEATH IS MEANINGLESS IN THE FACE OF SCIENCE!

TESTS FOR THE TEST THRONE
SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GODS

Grab sword, ignore pain. Scream Zorhaltoran Thrancaole Xxecesic while driving my sword down from neck to bellybutton, deep enough to break the skin and flesh. Basically, dissect myself in the name of science.
Yep. You are very dead. Very very dead. Either from blood loss or all the acid you just sprayed into your chest cavity. Either or. Not sure what you were trying to do but those words would have done nothing. Now, if you had tried to stab yourself with ink or vacuum, then something might have happened.

You respawn back in the spawn room. Huh, your hand is still made of this strange black flesh.

"Finally."
Find out what happens when an arcane zombie punches someone fleshy in the face.

[spd:1+1+2]
[spear spd:4]
[str:3-1]
[spear str:6]
[spear dex:4]
[spear str:1]
You catch the spearman's blow, gripping the spear just below the tip like some sort of magic ninja zombie. Unfortunately you immediately lose hold of it when he just pulls it back out of your grip and stabs at you again. Luckily for you he proceeds to stab directly into the ground several feet away from you and then stare, dumbfounded, at his mistake.

"Good idea- too bad we're both incompetent morons!"

Rothon Halthel!
[pot:3]
Welp. I'm sure you're getting pretty tired of this shit eh? Here's hoping Kin does better.

Well that worked... surprisingly...

I can create a bolo but it will take 4 turns and theres a slight logistical problem... i can only control one minion at a time and i already have mr big...

How many souls can you fit in each canister
can the normal souls be combined to form a magic soul?
And what about souls that have already been spent, do you have something that can siphon them off for resale or reallocation?

Thank the bartender for his answers and a canister if they are free.
afterwards head over to tsuchi and watch him dissect himself, if he passes out due to pain or dies without turning into ash use my dagger to finish the shallow incision he started with his sword and then peel back his skin and identify his organs, also look for any internal restructuring.

also words and stuff.

"Infinite."
"No, though you can gain the same effect as a magic soul by consuming a certain number of normal ones. Though that number increases as your power does."
"I can draw those souls from you and put them in the flask. For a small price, of course."

He gives you a Silver flask.

[pot:4+1]

Since you rolled well I'll just save you time and tell you that the thing you're wondering if you can do, you cannot.

(What would the "Dark Hand" from dark souls do in this? Humanity isn't a thing here)
Activate the ring and then go off and explore.
( I dunno. I'd have to see what I can do with the words, but it would probably do something like steal pool from them. Not sure how I would handle the whole "Both weapon and shield" thing, but there might be ways.)

The ring, when you thing about activating it, creates a flaming aura around your fist.

As per exploring, how so? Which way you wanna go? Got down toward the sea, into the Temple to Scarlon, the raider camp and the path beyond it, and the path even farther beyond that that heads to the forest at the foot of the mountain. You have lots of places you could go.

If the villager doesn't see me say "Shalzethtol Noreeb" while pointing my palm at him.  If he does see me say "Rothon Noreeb" while pointing my palm at him.

Yeah, he definitely sees you.
[spd:6]
[pitch spd:5]
[pot:4]
Electrical discharge appears in your palm for a few seconds and then vanishes. Oh Dear.
[pitch dex:2]
Well, luckily the pitch fork guy just stabs at thin air for several seconds, completely missing you.

"~Indeed-a-strange-word.~"

More science.
[pot:5+1]
You summon a fleshy human...that appears to have been torn into tiny pieces. Huh.

Will my non speedy Thallid to become a very large and strong Thallid, will another bunch of Suicide bomber Thallids to appear, and will a nice suit of fungus armor to materialize.

[will:5+2]
One hulk-shroom it is.
[will:5+2]
Elite suicide squad at the ready.
[6+2]
And a big old suit of purple, black and glowing blue, armor.

Everything went better then expected.

"WTF!"
STABBY STABBY also words
[spd:6-3]
[cap spd:5]
[mage spd:1]
[mage spd:5]
[heavy spd:1]

[Cap dex:1+1]
Captain misses again. Who let this guy lead?
[mage pot:5]
Mage fires a beam of water over your head. Who gave this guy magic powers?

You didn't say who to stabby stabby, so we'll assume one of the mages.
Or not.

[Mage 2 pot:2]
Mage 2 can't even fucking say his words.

[heavy dex:2]
Jesus christ on an inaccurate cracker.

Also that word doesn't do anything on it's own. Well, not unless you roll one, but since you can't, we'll just skip that, let you charge pool instead. Maybe next turn SOMEONE WILL ACTUALLY HIT SOMEONE ELSE!

"WTF!"
STABBY STABBY also words
((Something is using magic use as an attack vector against us. And I think your tsundere love-interest is now acting cold towards you again.))
Silica walks back to the temple grounds and says "Clo-Caltel Contallthelthel Zothelthcaon Conth" while thinking of a sword with an inbuilt directed energy weapon.
[pot:3+2]
You get a sword that is basically just a metal c shaped frame attached to a handle. Trapped within the frame is a concentrated beam of destructive light that trails thin streamers of energy as you swing the sword around. There's a switch on the handle.

First, do a rune test. Then, say some words that will summon a strange human.
"Time to start testing those page 4 words. I cast 'summon lvl2 volunteer'!"

If miauw doesn't post an action he summons a steel control sword by saying "Shareeb Contallthelthel Hobitaeaod".
((Baby miauw got back!))
It takes you the whole turn to inscribe the circle. Normally you could activate it now, but since you want to inscribe another circle, that will have to wait.

scratch out some more runes!
[pot:6+1,4+1,4+1,4+1]

Extremely destructive light that nearly blows you up.
Fire.
A necromantic burst of green souls.
A bunch of gears and springs.

Thaltelsho Thaltelsho Thaltelsho!
Create sand minion!
[pot:1+1]
Well...there's plenty of sand here at the beach anyways.
[will:3-1]
Plenty of sand to do jack squat, it seems.

"Let's get to the sea before we start reshaping it. I wouldn't want to risk crashing for a cosmetic change."

I'll touch the airship/bowl and say "Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao".

((I think I might go for a Dark Hand.))
(Shoulda known you guys wouldn't go for shit that's easy. Gotta go for the shape shifting weapon/shields. :P)

You get the mark you desire. Yay!

"Done and done. Onward Sparky, to the sea! Hi-yah! Mush! Tally-ho!" Glassco commanded the beetle to move forward, towards the sea and back at the previous altitude. "With Sparky here helping us along, we won't need to float as much, more just needing it on the case that something bad happens to Sparky. Or me I suppose, since if I go splat then I don't think Sparky will be very perceptive to orders anymore... Hm. Say, think you can make me a non-conductive glove? If I can put a control mark on Sparky, I may be able to control him and then won't need to constantly hold him under mental dominion thanks to Scarlon. Thanks again for that masked guy, you're awesome!" He says to no one in particular, before continuing on his conversation with John. "Then again, me trying to make that mark may just apply it to the gloves, since I'd be touching them to touch Sparky... Hm. Ah well. Hm... Say, maybe... I have an idea." Glassco then says a word.

[We're coming for you spine and sky whale, you shall be ours!]
The bowl rises on sparky's back and the journey begins again. You make it 1/2 of the way there.

John sparkles a bit. Hmm, he's closer to you then Sparky is because of the bowl between you and him. Wonder if that means anything.

"So true."

Kin says Rothon Halthel and uses the better of the two bodies to as the base and the rest he will form into a sphere. Should both of them be inadequate try to combine them before using them as a body.

"With the powers combined: Captain Abomination!"
Dice say no. They say no vehemently. Everything you try and make is just dissipating and falling apart. Seems the universe really does not want Thrakor to live.

"Oh, looks like I've been sleep-magicing. I hope it was usefull for you guys."
Say words, put the result around my finger if it works. Try making a little bump in the wall or something like that.
[pot:5+1]

You make a little stone ring and slide it on your finger.
[will:6-1]
You raise a little lump in the wall. YAY! This has all gone fabulously.

"God damn we suck."

Whack him in the nuts with the staff.
[spd:4]
[spear spd:2]
[dex:5]
[str:1+1]
You wack him in the crotch, but he seems strangely unaffected!
[spear dex:6]
[spear str:6]
[spd:5]
[str:3+1]
[end:4]
You try your best to block the blow but the spearman puts the point of his weapon straight through your chest. You cough blood as he rips it back out.

Activate wings and fly to my ship. Words.

"I feel vaguely surprised I acshully though' of tha' one. YER STILL NA' GETTIN' AWAY FROM ME!"
You flap your way up to the slowly escaping cylinder and say your words.
....There's no words here again.

Alright, time to start !!SCIENCE!!
Use Adamenstiar Gonteli... Again. Draw a circle.
[pot:4]
You summon up a diamond helmet of flesh control.

That done, you draw a circle. And thats about it.

Try to summon another minion.
[pot:3+1]
You summon a zombie midget! Yay zombie midgets!

Boo-yah! Point in potency.
Look around for loot. Say Cainthalsaz Contallthelthel. Make the result appear at least 5 meters away from me, in case it explodes or something.
Well, the golem left no loot. All he left was a big old scorch mark. You suppose there might be loot in the boxes around here, but probably nothing fantastic. Unless you like wine.

[pot:1+1]

Good thing your potency just went up, or that would have ended poorly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah, Dark hand might be a bit hard. Any third option if I can't figure out how to make this one in a meaningful way?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: April 09, 2013, 08:40:59 pm »

Right... these things are creepy and I'm expecting one to rise from the dead just as I'm looting him/her. Right let's look behind door #2!

Reload and set my shotbow to 6 shot mode just in case. Then check out the door with the runes on it. If it turn out I'm safe from undead nasties that I'm expecting to appear (or any other deadly creatures), turn some dead guy into gold with the words "Dorbaelo Cantor".
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: April 09, 2013, 08:48:44 pm »

((Hurrah for incompetence.))
Grab the villager's head and say "Dorbaelo Thrancaole" with the intention to kill him.
Nevermind, I forgot I only had one pool.
Try to take the pitchfork from him, then, if I get his weapon, stab him in the throat.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:03:31 pm by Vakothu »

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: April 09, 2013, 08:52:08 pm »

Nifty
Touch the wall to see how hot the aura is.Then head off to the forest and turn off the ring.
(Fire fist would be bad if I was surrounded by trees)
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 435