Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956409 times)

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #4080 on: April 13, 2013, 04:04:38 am »

I'm not going to have internet for a couple weeks so don't keep the game held up waiting for me.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: April 13, 2013, 06:02:55 am »

((Ah. The image didn't load, but I can see how that size would be problematic.))

"I dinnae if makin' ye' intelligent makes ye' me' son or somming, but I'm gone."

Jump.

Sky-dive my way to under the cloud layer, then begin flying about searching for anything promising. Namely killable, lootable, or easily tricked into being a mind-slave.

Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4082 on: April 13, 2013, 06:05:48 am »

"I'm having a weird feeling of dejavu... DAMN IT!"((From now on, I HATE VACUUM!))

Get down to the village, looking for something to kill, screaming obscenities along the way. If I find that something, kill it with fire.

If I find nothing to kill, say some words, appending the fire word "Zorhalth" to them (sorry, forgot to write that in the PM). Then go inside the church, look around and search for loot.

((If I remember correctly, people who have a god can't go to the basement.))

((Anybody knows if applying a torso mark on yourself deletes any full body mark you may have?))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: April 13, 2013, 06:07:10 am »

"I'm having a weird feeling of dejavu... DAMN IT!"((From now on, I HATE VACUUM!))

Get down to the village, looking for something to kill, screaming obscenities all the way. If I find that something, kill it with fire.

If I find nothing to kill, say some words, appending the fire word "Zorhalth" to them (sorry, forgot to write that in the PM). Then go inside the church, look around and search for loot.

((Anybody knows if applying a torso mark on yourself deletes any full body mark you may have?))
Almost certain it will. Getting almost anything marked onto you when you have a full-body ends in losing that mark.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: April 13, 2013, 06:08:24 am »

Draw PMcircle, put gold bear statue in the middle.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: April 13, 2013, 06:14:20 am »

I can confirm that full body marks are incompatible with individual bodypart marks
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: April 13, 2013, 06:50:20 am »

"Let's go! Hopefully we can find a ship which is less filled with ink."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: April 13, 2013, 07:03:52 am »

((Whatever is attacking us might not be in the Church, it could be a red herring. If we attack it, the hostile will know. I recommend we be discreet.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:37 am »

"Alright! ONWARD SPARKY, INTO THE INKY BLACKNESS! FORWARD, TO GREAT HORIZONS!" Glassco urged Sparky onward, towards the sea.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: April 13, 2013, 11:14:39 am »

Ok then. I think I just figured out how to enchant a weapon with control of almost anything. Should be useful in the future.
Look around the temple to find something to beat up. Not a player, that is IMPORTANT. Say Conth.
I have no clue what this does!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: April 13, 2013, 11:36:19 am »

Make more levitating sand
 Morph Sand into bear shape
Clo-Caltel Halthel Karenthar

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4091 on: April 13, 2013, 05:19:04 pm »

((I don't believe so as I sent you a PM from memory I know what words I used though also you said it had control when I was having issues touching it to will it not to burn me requiring me to be burned here "The sword remains just as flamey as before. Hmmm. Have to touch it to control fire, can't touch it because it's on fire. Catch 22."))
"Yeargh"
Stab the captain
Ah, in that case we'll use your previous action.

[spd:3]
[cap spd:3]
[heavy spd:1]
[will:2]
[cap dex:4+1]
[str:1]
[heavy:dex:2]

Welp, pretty much nothing happens. You all either fail to summon fire, fail to hit hard enough or just plain fail to hit. Ah competence, where art thou?

Silica says <words>
Direct magic attacks probably won't work very well, I suppose these runes might be useful. I suppose I could make some ofuda or similar objects with runes on them so that people can deploy explosives remotely... *sigh* perhaps I should do something more constructive when this is over, killing others isn't something I wish to do.
[pot:4+1]

You summon an enormous Clockwork greatbow thats as tall as you are. When you pull the string back it cases an arrow made of glowing dust to appear. Though arrow may be a bit understating it; the thing is as big as a spear. This thing is gonna need tremendous strength to use, but if you can use it and hit, it's gonna be devastating.

RETRY. I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS also I'm forgetting I have a fuckton of pool now, but that's later
Clo-Caltel Heabishai No-noheim Shubhallethel.
[pot:3]
Good thing this failed and produced a lump of indeclinable crap, otherwise I might have to seriously think about what the hell you just tried to make.

You forgot to give me a point in strength.

Intone Adamenstiar Donbel Garstorpit Halthel Shorbitael. Poke result and wear if it doesnt effect me. Move to docks and enter the nearest one.
[pot:2]
Nope nope nope.

You step a little deeper into the shipyard, specifically to the nearest dock, the broken one.

You walk out onto the stunted dock, following it to it's end. The edge of the dock is a jagged wound of concrete and rebar, like the stump of a branch snapped from a tree. You can just barely make out a crater in the sea floor beyond the dock, along with the gravel that was the rest of the structure. Hard to tell what made the crater from the dock's edge, but it wasn't small.

Something is sitting on the end of the dock; a curled dark green serpent  body ending abruptly in a pale mask with human features. It stirs from where it is lying, curled up, and silently rises to meet you.

Hmm...
Wander off into the forest searching for interesting things

Well, you make it down as far as the bridge, but as you cross a Raider wielding a Mancatcher steps out to block your way.
Man am I glad I didn't go with my first of touching the door with my hand. Now how to get by the door.... oh I have a plan. A very destructive reality warping plan. Now I really wanna stay away from these kinds of words... espeically when I using them with another word I'm not familiar with. Well heres to hoping I don't reality warp my head.

Aim the palm of my hand at the rune on the door and yell out, "Rothcaltal Zzeralleth". If the rune is succesively destroyed, throw a rock at the door again just to be safe. If the rock is fine, explore what is on the other side of the door.

((I get the feeling I'm getting ready to open Pandora's Box Door. Anybody in the village wanna come vist me under the church?))
[pot:1+1]
Nope. Also, you may not want to do that. That circle is rather special and was put there by a certain person. Perhaps killing them would remove it.

Follow my new stony friend into the forest.
((I PM'd him and he said that it was fine.))

Well, you get as far as the bridge, same as him. Luckily you don't seem important enough to warrant the universe throwing crap at you.

Will my fungus missiles to launch into the enraged farmer, then if any hit, Will them to consume him alive. Then Will my armor to grow those muscles and become fungus PowerArmor.

Alternatively, if the Farmer is already dead, chat with these other people and wander into the forest to look for trouble.

"Hello. What teams are you guys with?"
Well the farmer is definitely dead, but on your way to the forest you find more people and more angry locals to murder with fungi missiles on the bridge.

((Sweet, I got some cool stuff that time!))

Draw that magic writing, magic man!
[pot:3,5,6 +1all]

Plastic, obsidian and acid

Wander off and find derm, say words.

You're not really sure where derm went, but you think he might have gone down toward the sea. You head in that direction till you hit the gate of the shipyard. Something is waiting there for you.

It's an automoton, a metal man with a perfectly round head and no features; roughly 8 feet tall and slightly rusted from the sea air. He seems to be standing right in your way.

"~Um-strange. Thought-that-one-ascertained.~"

Do more things.
[pot:5+1]
Your fleshy man becomes buffer, quicker and more robust. If everything else fails, you can open up a modeling agency.

Strangle raider, try and rip his head off.
[spd:3+1]
[raider spd:5-1]
[str:2-1]
[raider str:1]
You both charge at each other in a climatic, 80's movie sort of way...and just run into each other and fall flat on your ass.

"Well that sucks. Let's do the same with the body you made then."

Kin tried again but this time with the lesser body, same way too. If successful he says "Rothon Ratheale" if not, Rothon Halthel.
[will:2]
Well...it doesn't fail in such a way as to need a new body, but it doesn't succeed either. Hmm.
[will:5]
You successfully flatten out the head of the body and put Thrakor's head atop it. Now you just have to attach them both.
[will:3]
Well...he's on about as good as if you scotch taped him there...

((Ah. The image didn't load, but I can see how that size would be problematic.))

"I dinnae if makin' ye' intelligent makes ye' me' son or somming, but I'm gone."

Jump.

Sky-dive my way to under the cloud layer, then begin flying about searching for anything promising. Namely killable, lootable, or easily tricked into being a mind-slave.

Words.

Fly in what direction exactly? Also, you're gonna hit the sky clowns if you're flying between areas. It's inevitable. But flying in certain directions makes them a bit more manageable.

[pot:6+1]
You summon a clockwork warhammer that looks like it has a giant weighted piston on one side. Appears that if you hit something with the hammer and activate the piston at the same time, the force of the blow will be increased drastically.

Get down to the village, looking for something to kill, screaming obscenities along the way. If I find that something, kill it with fire.

(psst. I didn't get any words from you.)

Well, you get down to the village homes at the very least.

Draw PMcircle, put gold bear statue in the middle.

[pot:1+1]

Welp.

"Alright! ONWARD SPARKY, INTO THE INKY BLACKNESS! FORWARD, TO GREAT HORIZONS!" Glassco urged Sparky onward, towards the sea.
Oh dear.

Well you get out, say, maybe a quarter mile into the sea when you see something moving under the waves. Something the size of an apartment building, covered in Bioluminecent nodules. It's moving for the surface at a rather rapid pace and seems very angry with you.

Ok then. I think I just figured out how to enchant a weapon with control of almost anything. Should be useful in the future.
Look around the temple to find something to beat up. Not a player, that is IMPORTANT. Say Conth.
I have no clue what this does!
[pot:6+1]
It summons a mass of light that floats slowly down and, when it touches the ground, goes off like tnt. Ah ha.

Now, in the temple, you only know of the basement having dangerous things. And you don't think that Anything is gonna spawn in here while you're here. Hmm.

Maybe the All seeing monk will have some ideas of where to find murderable objects.

Make more levitating sand
 Morph Sand into bear shape
Clo-Caltel Halthel Karenthar

[will:3-1]
[will:4-1]
Nope.
And you make a tiny little bear out of sand. Gonna win first place in the sandcastle contest, thats for sure.
[pot:3+1]
You summon what amounts to a midget Handyman

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: April 13, 2013, 05:46:01 pm »

i will bend you to my will. I assume that a shift in the words could net me a weapon that involves fungal bears, but that test is later.

BEAR ARMS
Clo-Caltel Heabishai No-noheim Shubhallethel.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: April 13, 2013, 05:49:35 pm »

"To the North!"

Drop off and fly northbound. Search for a town.

"YEARGH! Science!"
Greater Collection

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: April 13, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »

Garstorpit Shorbitael. Draw my sword, activate, and unleash the fury!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 435