Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956868 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4935 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:24 pm »

Darnit. Trying to upgrade here.
Take the one less traveled by. Avoid spinning grave of robert frost. If attacked, garstopitx3 the attacker, if not attacked, say Hathic Adamenstiar Contallthelthel, with the crystal as a edge on the outside, and the diamond as the base of the blade, like how you make a diamond edged blade, but with crystals.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: May 10, 2013, 05:48:39 pm »

Well, scratch that.
Head deeper into the forest and take the path to the right upon reaching the fork
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: May 10, 2013, 05:49:58 pm »

[Moved post to after the circle finalized]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:16:35 pm by Vakothu »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: May 10, 2013, 05:50:35 pm »

Go around. Ask if there's anything that needs stabbing with a beam made out of knives.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4939 on: May 10, 2013, 05:55:02 pm »

Luckily derm is standing in it or that other E rune would have prevented it from activating. Again.

The Rune hovering above derm's head counts down to E1 and then finally vanishes. The entire circle glows and the courtyard shudders with immense power. The separate levels of the circle begin to rotate in opposite directions and magical discharge leaps from them and pours into a point a few feet above derm's head. A point of light appears their and quickly balloons outward, forming a silvery, molten ball. It expands further and further, becoming more opaque as it does until a sphere nearly 20 feet in diameter hovers just above the ground on which the circle is inscribed. It's surface slowly undulates and those outside can see within it as though they were looking through the surface of a pond at what lay beneath: it's hazy and distorted, but it's there. They see great green masses a black expanse.

Derm on the other hand, since he was standing right in the center of the damn thing, find himself standing on the stem of a leaf. The stem is easily 10 feet wide and and the leaf itself expands out in front of him like a vast, hanging platform hundreds of feet in width. The leaf is affixed to a branch, which is further affixed to a tree of simply incomprehensible size; miles tall, with boughs that stretch to infinity in all directions, lost in the distant fog. Below, at the tree's base, is a great black sea that spreads to the horizon. The air here is so thick with alcohol fumes that it's not only enough to make him cough and choke as though he were breathing smoke, but it's rapidly getting him drunk.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4940 on: May 10, 2013, 06:01:43 pm »

Very nice. So the circle transports you where you tell it to? Or does it transform reality itself? Connect two points in space? You really should had put the goat rune in there :P

EDIT: Hmmm... Looks like the diamond aspect of it failed to materialize... Maybe it's just not immediately visible?

EDIT2: Nah, turns out it was an average pot:4 roll, so that's why it had no diamonds. Imagine what a 6+3 could be...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:14:36 am by Parisbre56 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: May 10, 2013, 06:04:54 pm »

ITS A DAMN ELEMENTAL PLANE TELEPORTER.

Quickly, words!

Also how much God favor do I get for that?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:26:19 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: May 10, 2013, 06:16:46 pm »

((Shouldn't I have 4/20 (If failed runes don't count) or 5/20 favour because of the big circle that activated, and the little ones that I made this turn?))
If the first circle stayed active, deactivate it then destroy it, afterwards examine the arm without touching it.  If it didn't stay active just examine the arm without touching it.
Edit: Then tie my rubber control staff around my waist and see if I can go into the glowing sphere, if I can, enter with complete disregard of personal safety making sure I get onto solid enough ground. ((This couldn't end badly… Not at all…))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:20:33 pm by Vakothu »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4943 on: May 10, 2013, 06:17:32 pm »

@Derm: I'm hoping you're turning yourself into flying firediamond. Imagine riding the shockwave of an entire realm exploding, straight through the exit. Then again, that would be bad news for people around the rune.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:51 pm »

Wow. That was awesome.

...Who wants to follow derm?
Say, is the circle remakeable?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:16 pm »

((I knew I forgot something PW I have the chestplate greaves and obsidian sword while skele-bro has the bone sword and greaves (because I made two at some point)))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: May 10, 2013, 06:59:59 pm »

"Well, uh, I'm sure that's not worrying at all... Maybe. Er..." Glassco rubs the mark on his forehead as it burned. "Dammit, I liked Scarlon. Guess that's what I get for trying to game the system... Well, now I know, and as they say, knowledge is pain." Glassco walks back down to John, rubbing his forehead with a sour expression. What's most noticeable though is that he isn't wearing his mask anymore, what with it being destroyed. "Well John, that didn't work out like I had hoped. So... No luck getting Sparky back. Good news though, is that I think I can control diamond now. ...Which is kind of weird, really. Whatever, lets just get out of here." With that, Glassco grumbled and moved to the area outside the courtyard, on the path down. Once there, he sighs. "Just summon up as huge a chunk of diamond that you can, I'll take care of the rest."

[Accolade Discovered: God Scorned (Gain the Traitorous Mark for every deity on a single character.)]

Spoiler: Actual Rest of Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:41:40 pm by Xanmyral »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4947 on: May 10, 2013, 07:15:31 pm »

How does willing peoples stats to increase work? Is there a cap?

Will Paris's minion's speed to increase. Will my thallids to gain springs in their legs, to allow them to jump long distances, but with a long rearm time. Will my suit to gain the same feature. Take paris and look for a nice cliff, preferably with a large open space above or below.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: May 10, 2013, 07:27:38 pm »

You would think it would cap out at 1 to prevent being excessively overpowered

enchantments and shenanigans

((Also piecewise can you update my stat sheet to reflect my diamond imbuement and 3 max pool before i horribly maim myself on a poor will roll?))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:59:20 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: May 10, 2013, 07:31:20 pm »

Touch Bear with both Hands
Dorbaelo Zoth-Hareth
X5 SAND LEVITATION!!!

Just so you see the action you missed
Clo-Caltel Shor Quielio
X5 Sand levitation!
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 435