Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956403 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5085 on: May 14, 2013, 11:30:32 am »

Try those words again, this time thinking about a wall.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: May 14, 2013, 03:17:06 pm »

:D PW messed up his own words, silly PW, I made an Obsidian Clockwork Whip not sand. No Thaltelsho there!
X5 sand levitation!
Grip bear w/both hands Say Dorbaelo No-Noheim Zoth-Hareth
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:19:46 pm by javierpwn »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: May 14, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »

Huh, I thought I was making some hand grenades. Meh, I just forgot i had other actions I guess.

Clo-Caltel Caltalleth Ratheale.

Prepare to carve a circle, if the result comes through. Assuming there's no feasible way to do it when it spawns, say

Adamenstiar.

Prepare to use result to carve a cricle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: May 14, 2013, 03:48:58 pm »

To see what would happen, of course! I was hoping for an ink-producing fungus, but meh.
...I think I also had another reason, but for the life of me can't remember what.

Words of SCIENCE!! Remind me to PM them later, somehow I've already gone over the limit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: May 14, 2013, 03:50:38 pm »

Oh gee I wonder why.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: May 14, 2013, 04:20:11 pm »

"Stupid word order, how does it work? Let's try this:
Aels Harialltontal Shareeb Shaazeshelial."
Focus on becoming steel and fast with wings. If it works, enter the sphere.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:37 pm »

((Dammit, I didn't know the damn thing was flying over the cliff... Also, thanks for telling me about that word.))

Book it down to the village and look for a ghoul or something to kill instead.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: May 14, 2013, 05:22:29 pm »

Search for fights to be had. ZorhalthX3
I assume you want to go deeper into the forest? Right or left at the crossroads just ahead?
[pot:1+1,3+1,4+1]
2 successes
((Shouldn't I reroll that? Sha Culun, after all. In related news, I just had a slight idea. If all I'm doing is repeating that for God favor, and I always get at least a three thanks to rerolls and the plus one, why does it need to be rolled? A 2+1 is no different in my case than a 6+1. It would probably save some confusion and rolling on your part to just say 'three favor added'. Sad I figured this out after three turns of doing that and after deciding to do something else.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: May 14, 2013, 06:08:58 pm »

((What?  Laughter doesn't gain favor?  How do comedians work then...))

Sprint In circles around Arch (Failing that, my zombie) really fast.  Then touch the third tree's face.  If nothing happens, walk down the path.  If I don't get into a fight, say words.

Arch, if my assumption is correct, you want the guy with the brick head.
Ok, also, I think that Thrakor needs to come here. A cloth over the mouth and nose sounds veerrrryyy familiar.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5094 on: May 14, 2013, 06:42:53 pm »

I assume you want to go deeper into the forest? Right or left at the crossroads just ahead?
2 successes
((Shouldn't I reroll that? Sha Culun, after all. In related news, I just had a slight idea. If all I'm doing is repeating that for God favor, and I always get at least a three thanks to rerolls and the plus one, why does it need to be rolled? A 2+1 is no different in my case than a 6+1. It would probably save some confusion and rolling on your part to just say 'three favor added'. Sad I figured this out after three turns of doing that and after deciding to do something else.))

You only get favor on a natural 6, if I remember correctly.

Also, I really hate the scumming for favor. It's just so lame! You should have to be doing something at least moderately interesting in order to get favor from a god.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: May 14, 2013, 06:44:27 pm »

2 successes

Also, I really hate the scumming for favor. It's just so lame! You should have to be doing something at least moderately interesting in order to get favor from a god.

Yeah, I'm with Angle here. Every will roll I've done is for a reason that contributes to the situation, not jus' cause.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: May 14, 2013, 06:47:26 pm »

((That's why I like Blastel. I gotta work for my favor! Also was the Master of the mountain a Miniboss, or just an enemy? Because if it was a Miniboss, Cog, Master of the Mountain sounds pretty boss.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: May 14, 2013, 06:55:43 pm »

2 successes

It's actually on any successful use of fire, though that changes at the next level. I'm scumming it because at next level I then become required to either Pot six or kill something with flame. It's a matter of 'do it while you can'. Plus, next turn I am doing something more creative with my flames. This turn I'm just remaking something I miss from another bygone age.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: May 14, 2013, 07:50:16 pm »

Collect a restraint if possible and loop it through my belt for safekeeping, continue on into the next room while testing WORDS.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: May 14, 2013, 07:51:10 pm »

"Hmmm... well, the rune doesn't seem to be doing much, and I need some glass for a proper monocle anyways. Maybe there are some windows on the surface that I could smash up..."

Head to the surface with my swarm and step outside the temple. Look for any windows that I might be able to steal glass from. If attacked, mold my swarm into a throne and slam it into my foe before sitting on it and hovering out of reach. If not attacked, then form a throne anyways, and then level devotion by lifting it up and down like a mental dumbbell.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 435