Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956843 times)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5130 on: May 15, 2013, 08:52:31 pm »

"Yes! Triumph at last!"
Hmm
"Icecube, can you hear me? ICECUBE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

WORDS!

"Hmm, why can I smell burnt hair?"
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: May 15, 2013, 09:28:47 pm »

"Really?  At least I tied the staff around my waist this time.
Grow combined wings and arms, like a harpy, then fly as high as I can and land on a leaf.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:37:30 pm by Vakothu »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: May 15, 2013, 10:30:55 pm »

"Hmm... Oh, I know! But first, a bit of preparation!"

Words, then draw out the ghouls! It's time to rumble!

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpmsZozXOm4 <- This is what I want to do. MAKE ET HAPPEN!!))

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: May 15, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »

First, investigate the iron box by looking through the window and if I don't see anything threatening then I'll try opening the door.

If I see nothing or something clearly wishing to do me harm, I'll instead make my way to the podium and cast "Zorhalth" on patch of burned stones to see if I get a response.

If not try WORDS.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: May 16, 2013, 01:41:56 am »

"~Amazing! Let's-try...~"

Yeah, that. Let's try that.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: May 16, 2013, 03:28:28 am »

((PW: It is what I thought it was, but I used the wrong element word with it. Thanks for going with the intended word))
"Derm's been in there for quite a while, we can rescind our activation permission or go in after him but both those options are dangerous; any ideas on how to get him out safely?"
Silica moves out of the anti-magic zone and says <words> before moving back into the anti-magic area.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:31:12 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: May 16, 2013, 05:36:41 am »

"NOOOOOOOOO MY SKELEBRO"
Go back to the bar and ask the barman what he sells for souls.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #5137 on: May 16, 2013, 10:04:07 am »

Listen in on Corsair's conversation with the barkeep. If the barkeep does have any trades for one soul stick around and ask about that (those) trade(s). Otherwise contemplate attacking the barkeep and guess the outcome by jokingly asking him who would win, Kin or him, and the consequences of doing it should Kin win/lose.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5138 on: May 16, 2013, 11:41:33 am »

If Angle fails, arcanelaser the wall.

Summon a robot. If I haven't arcanelasered the wall, try an experiment while touching the robot.

((I was actually talking about the Tattoo I have in my speed and strength. I thought I got a +1 there from my interaction with the Other, since I didn't cast any marks on myself after I spawned.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:50:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: May 16, 2013, 11:51:19 am »

Face to the wall and clap in my hands while saying the words again!

((I will crack the hardest page 3 word ever!))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: May 16, 2013, 10:14:30 pm »

"Derm's been in there for quite a while, we can rescind our activation permission or go in after him but both those options are dangerous; any ideas on how to get him out safely?"

"I think the only way to get out safely depends on whether or not touching that huge orb, or throwing stuff at it, does anything. I'm almost certain that getting him out means venturing in there ourselves and seeing if we can get out ourselves. That said, I'm not willing to shut this down yet, I want to check out a few more of it's... properties."
Milo pauses long enough to see if there's any change in the circle, then goes back to his work.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: May 17, 2013, 04:54:04 am »

"Gah, I just realised I should of tied a rope around my waist first and watched what happened to it. Oh well."
Fly up, look for some sort of landmark and head that way. Make a steel sword of plant and steel control and wield it on the way:
"Shareeb Contallthelthel Quielshar Hobitaeaod."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:37:22 pm by Nahere »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: May 17, 2013, 05:24:53 am »

If what they were doing was something out of this book, then I guess it's not total bunk after all...

Go back out to the temple grounds, and try a few words again.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:43:19 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5143 on: May 17, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »

Do things!
[pot:3]
Your tattoo appears for a moment but vanishes an instant later. In that instant, however, the destructive aspect of it succeeds on reacting with the ground, vaporizing a chunk of the leaf at the same time as dissolving a little bit of your feet.

Also you don't have the pool to do that other thing right now. Used it up on the failed transformation.

As per exits, I suppose that depends. Really any direction is available to you in terms of whats around in this world. However, in terms of exits from this world, you don't see one. People who walk in don't seem to be able to walk back out in the same way.

Check out that temple-looking place- I hear it's for Scarlon.  Pray there and ask for guidance.  If any villagers aggro me, will them into following me complacently.

The temple to scarlon is far larger and more ornate on the inside then on the outside. Between pale white marble columns, silver statues and great pews of black oak. At the far end is a statue of Scarlon, standing a good 10 meters tall, above an altar. You go to the altar and pray for guidance.

[will:6+2]

The statue above the altar slowly lowers it's head to look at you.

"What is it that you desire to know?" a voice whispers from all around you.

The solid block of arcane energy floated for a bit. "Well, this is new." It rotated a bit until one of its faces was aiming at John. "Uh... Well, at least that didn't hurt as badly as when I turned myself into a steel chestplate. ...You know, this isn't that bad actually. A little weird, but not bad."

Unless Glassco can't speak in his current state, in which case he rotates the cube to face John, then practices spinning around a bit. Then he moves the block up and down, to signify that he's alright and in there. He'll then will the diamond to form the words "Well, this is interesting" on the ship nearby.

Spoiler: Moar Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Even More (click to show/hide)

[will:6,1,2,1,6,+2 all]

You can't speak, but you manage to will those words you want into the boat. And, if Singular can make more diamond for you, we'll assume you make the ship's interior.

"Hmm.... URISTRAT RENTAREEB!"

[pot:6]
You make a lizard made of booze. It stays solid for roughly a half second then splashes into a formless puddle.

Ooh. RESEARCH TIME!
Clear away the greenery to get a better look at the mosaic.
[str:3]
You mange to rip away some of the underbrush, but a lot of it has grown under the stones and is quite well embedded, with deep roots under the foundation. Hmm. Maybe if you had something to cut it with. Or...Oh wait! the ring!

You activate the ring and use it to burn away the plants with your bare hands. The mosaic underneath is an image that spreads across many stones, partially engraved and partially laid out with bits of colored ceramic, though many of them seem to be missing. The mosaic itself is circular and the way it's laid out; the use of concentric circles an connecting lines, bares a vague resemblance to the magic circles in your book. Inside the main circle are several smaller circles, like the rune slots, and in these circles are images of stylized humans in strange garb. They have an almost saintly appearance with a glow around their heads or in their chests. A Border or Ring of prostrate bodies encircles the portraits of these men. In the space between these circles are images of lakes, rivers, forests and mountains; seen from the air. A map of sorts with these glowing men and their worshipers dotted about. There is writing above or below each of these small circles, but again, you can't read it.

FUCK.

Retry! Clo-Caltel Caltalleth Ratheale!
[pot:2]
The universe is slapping its bum at you.

((Already crossed it out, with a pm sent too.))

"Okay then. Here's loads of diamond. Kokareum Chall-thel Adamenstiar!"
[pot:3+1]
Nothing happens. Hmm...

Yay! New sword!
Take off my helmet, and hold it in my hands. Say Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Adamenstiar. If successful, will my old sword to be a pair of diamond boots. Then pick up my new, extra sharp sword!
Hobitaeaod is control, right?
[pot:6+1]
[will:2]
Well...the helmet thing worked fine. The transforming he sword thing, less so.

"I CANNOT BE DETERRED! I WILL HAVE GLASS, EVEN IF I HAVE TO MURDER AN ENTIRE CONTINENT FOR IT!"

Larry channels his inner Dwarven Noble for a bit before floating into the air on his throne, looking across the horizon for glass, or anything interesting really. He then imprints what he sees into the throne, forming a crude map before landing and exercising his devotion.

I'll just let you all have the map for the village, since you've explored everything already.

As per glass, the Bar might have some.

[will:6,4,4,6,2 +1 all]
You have leveled up! yay!
(Elemental Affinity: +1 to all rolls for using your chosen element)

Find a good place in the path, and then have sort of shelf fungus start growing above, sending mycelium deep into the rock and beginning to loosen it up and shovel it out. Repeat this until I get it perfect (Roll a natural 6).

Also, can I just levitate fungus with my mind?

(Yeah, you can.)

Before we waste a lot of time, can I just ask what you and your buddy are trying to do here? Whats the plan? You can PM it to me if you don't want to say in game.

"Ello there, what are we doin' here, 'xactly?"

Same Words, different spelling apparently. New PM.

[pot:2+1]
It doesn't stick, but it does at least show that your attempts will succeed how you'd like them to.

Science! Maybe !!Science!!, if this ends badly...
[pot:1]
[end:6-1]
Your left hand shatters into pieces and falls to the ground.

Jixiu sighs heavily. "Let's try that again, shall we? Shalzethtol Clo-Caltel Zothelthcaon. Magic, why do you hate me?"
You summon a bow that seems to be made of equal parts brass, gears, bones and necrotized flesh. It smells pretty bad.

...Seriously?  Dodging is a speed roll, but running in a circle is a dexterity roll?

Practice something non-harmful and not time consuming that uses a speed roll five times.  Then wander further down the path.  If I don't end up in combat, say words.
(speed and dex both count for this god, but the reason that was dex is because speed is more about reaction times or straight sprinting and dodging and such. I figured that running around in tight little circles in the forest with roots and stones and sticks everywhere would require more balance and coordination then just speed.)

You gain 5 points of favor since you can't get anything less then a 4. We'll say you did it by throwing a rock in the air and then jumping and dodging around to catch it.

You enter a small clearing that is surrounded on all sides by trees even greater then what you've seen so far, trees so tall that their upper branches are lost amongst the clouds.The massive bases of the trees, each at least 50 feet in diameter, are so grown together and interwoven with their neighbors that they've formed an impenetrable wall along the circumference of the clearing, save for the thin gaps through which the path passes. In the center of the clearing is a single standing stone, alone in a field of grass. To the west you can see a thin column of smoke rising from somewhere nearby. To the south you can see a dark area of the forest and what looks like a gateway or arch.The path to the north leads off towards a crossroads. And the path to the east heads back the way you came.

As you step into the clearing you notice a creature patrolling the area. It's humanoid, though with highly simian traits and several feet taller then you. Its covered in red fur and sporting a long red staff thats it's idly twirling, tossing it between it's prehensile tail and heavily muscled arms. It notices you a moment later and screeches at you, it's mouth opening grotesquely wide and baring baboon like fangs. It smashes it's staff on the ground several times and then charges, pole vaulting towards you.

Go back outside and try more rune science. Once done, try tossing the first result at the booze dimension.

[pot:5+2]
The circle causes the area inside it to suddenly erupt with plants made out of paper. You tear one out and huck it into the globe.

The people in the globe see this as a paper shrub suddenly materializing beside them and then flying off into the ocean far far below.

And you don't have the pool for that this turn. However that particular set of circles is a pretty neat one. Not the most useful, considering the levels of meta going on here, but still kinda neat. Now it's sister circle, that one is one people will like, no doubt, especially later in the game.

'Hrmmmm. North it is."

Head north!

((Does using my staff as a bat to hit rocks into enemies count as using my weapon for kills? Or would the rock get the kill?))
(it would count as your kill since you were the one that caused it. same with arrow from a bow or bullet from a gun)

The path here follows a natrual embankment into a shallow valley, which gets deeper and thinner as it goes on. Eventually the walls of the canyon tower a hundred feet or more above you and are only a few feet apart. You find yourself walking at the bottom of a deep crevice or fissue in the stone.  Ahead, the fissue suddenly opens up into wide expanse.

MY STYLE! It's slightly singed. :(
Time for SCIENCE
[pot:3-1]
Nothing.

Playing with magic with a 0 potency may be a poor idea. Although an admittedly funny one.

X5 Sand levitation!
Clo-Caltel Shor Contallthelthel

[will:6,2,3,3,4-1 all]
1 success. These last few successes are really hard eh?

[pot:1+1]
Well drat. Neat idea though. Been playing soul caliber?

perform magic and stuff.
Actually, just walk to the temple grounds and perform magic, the stuff can wait until its safer for me to perform such actions.

[pot:2+1]
You end up with little broken pieces of flesh.

"Yes! Triumph at last!"
Hmm
"Icecube, can you hear me? ICECUBE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

WORDS!

"Hmm, why can I smell burnt hair?"
[pot:4]
You summon a tiny obsidian statue of a dog.
[pot:4]
Phantom image of a mace.

"Really?  At least I tied the staff around my waist this time.
Grow combined wings and arms, like a harpy, then fly as high as I can and land on a leaf.
[will:5]
Yay wing-arms! You fly straight up a good half mile up the branch before landing to rest. The canopy of the tree is several miles away and several miles higher then your current perch. And heading out that way...well you're not sure if you'll be able to find your way back to the first leaf.

"Hmm... Oh, I know! But first, a bit of preparation!"

Words, then draw out the ghouls! It's time to rumble!

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpmsZozXOm4 <- This is what I want to do. MAKE ET HAPPEN!!))
You make a diamond chestplate. Good Enough!

You wack the flat of your sword on the stone while shouting "Ghoulies, Come out and PlaaAAAAaayy"

A Carrion Beast waddles out of a burnt out building  and hisses at you.

First, investigate the iron box by looking through the window and if I don't see anything threatening then I'll try opening the door.

If I see nothing or something clearly wishing to do me harm, I'll instead make my way to the podium and cast "Zorhalth" on patch of burned stones to see if I get a response.

If not try WORDS.

The iron box is empty, except for a chair. It seems to be a blast chamber of sorts, to protect from outside forces.

[pot:1]
[end:5]
You burn off your eyebrows and most of your hair.

"~Amazing! Let's-try...~"

Yeah, that. Let's try that.
[pot:1+1]

Nope. Then again, that word mean means "Light" as in not heavy. So maybe with those other words its a bit pointless.

((PW: It is what I thought it was, but I used the wrong element word with it. Thanks for going with the intended word))
Silica moves out of the anti-magic zone and says <words> before moving back into the anti-magic area.

[pot:6+2]
You summon up a crossbow that fires arrows made of destructive light

"NOOOOOOOOO MY SKELEBRO"
Go back to the bar and ask the barman what he sells for souls.
"I can examine magical items for you, sell panaceas or mageblood, offer information, whatever you need, I suppose."

Listen in on Corsair's conversation with the barkeep. If the barkeep does have any trades for one soul stick around and ask about that (those) trade(s). Otherwise contemplate attacking the barkeep and guess the outcome by jokingly asking him who would win, Kin or him, and the consequences of doing it should Kin win/lose.

"I trade for souls, friend, and you are far from my first customer." He taps the bar and a magic circle is instantly inscribed upon it. Light leaks from the circle and forms into a large glass mug of booze. "Have a drink and cool yourself down."

If Angle fails, arcanelaser the wall.

Summon a robot. If I haven't arcanelasered the wall, try an experiment while touching the robot.

((I was actually talking about the Tattoo I have in my speed and strength. I thought I got a +1 there from my interaction with the Other, since I didn't cast any marks on myself after I spawned.))

Again, whats your plan here?

Also the +1's are because the other violently removed and then replaced your limbs. Those are permanent.

Face to the wall and clap in my hands while saying the words again!

((I will crack the hardest page 3 word ever!))
Nope. Something else you're missing. You're thinking, but you're not thinking.

"Gah, I just realised I should of tied a rope around my waist first and watched what happened to it. Oh well."
Fly up, look for some sort of landmark and head that way. Make a steel sword of plant and steel control and wield it on the way:
"Shareeb Contallthelthel Quielshar Hobitaeaod."

Do trees normally have land marks? I suppose the trunk would be one. Or the very top. But those are all miles and miles away.

[pot:5+1]
You make a steel sword of plant control. It's got a rather ornate plantlike design, with the handle shaped like a stem with a blooming flower on the end and a thorny blade.

If what they were doing was something out of this book, then I guess it's not total bunk after all...

Go back out to the temple grounds, and try a few words again.
[pot:5]
You summon up a clockwork bow. Cool. It looks like it will amplify the force of the shots you fire with it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5144 on: May 17, 2013, 09:25:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 435