Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 957122 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5250 on: May 23, 2013, 03:30:10 pm »

Sanya VI
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Upon spawning, walk over to Shub-shalsheil's altar and take the knife. Rather than just a simple cut, carve The Hand of Knowledge into the palm of my left hand and allow the blood to pool in Shub-shalsheil's basin. Ask for the wound to scar, so that the circle will not be broken.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: May 24, 2013, 06:07:12 am »

Wander into the church and look about
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: May 24, 2013, 03:33:33 pm »

Try to use my picks to pry a pair of manacles or length of chain off of the wall while trying out WORDS

Then try to open the closed doors at the end of the room, if they don't budge then go back to the room I just came from and try the other passageway.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:37:06 pm by luvmonke »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: May 24, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »

Start from the top: The Monk Chamber.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5254 on: May 24, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »

Wow. That was annoying.
Say Adamenstiar Hobitaeaod Gonteli. If successful, use the massive lumps of diamonds, my old sword, and my old breastplate to make a pair of boots, make my gauntlets spikey(Punchy punchy!) and make a shield. Then tap each tree once, and watch for anything happening. Also, try and think about how I could grind endurance, like the will people can grind that.
(You could always get into a fight with something weak. You've got diamond armor and stone skin, after all.)

[pot:1+1]

This is getting a bit silly, really. I'm this close to just giving you the damn thing.

((You put my turn under Saur's quote.))
Runic Magic then examine the strange fruits.
((Also, hurrah, I graduate Friday the 24th.))
Yeah, not sure how the hell that happened. Oh well.

Happy graduation, by the way.

[pot:5,5,6,]
Arcane; which comes out like a magical claymore explosion, dust, which spins out like a double helix duststorm, and force, which comes out like a bubble that pops outward.

[Punching yourself might work, you only see endurance rolls in combat. Well... I suppose getting drunk might do it too. Just keep summoning and drinking booze, I think there's endurance rolls related to remaining sober-ish.]

The cube looked around the town, this having been its first time here. "Strange place, very... Deserted. Where is everyone?" More words are willed upon the diamond.

Spoiler: Rest of Turn's Action (click to show/hide)
Committing cubicide? Thats the coward cube's way out. Oh well. We'll take any of those points you would have earned from this turn as payment to ferry you back to the spawn and return you to flesh.

Head down into the Valley, also actions
((I hope it is the shrine to Yo-Drell))

You make it to the forest crossroads, but something conspires to block your path. It's an owl, larger the normal, with what looks like a magic rune on it's forehead and glowing red eyes. It flaps down and lands in your path, it's head tilted to one side.

"Well thats a plot hook if I've ever seen one."

Walking and Runework!

(In reality I have little planned for these sorts of rune dimensions, so if you want to escape from the standard stuff and play more free form, this is a good place to do it.)

[pot:6,6,4,4,5]
Lizard
A lantern
bracelet
Horse
canine.

You reach the entrance to the knothole. It's big enough to fly a 747 through sideways. It's also very dark in there.

Luckily you just found a rune for that.

Science! Still with the possibility of !!Science!!, if not all works out...
(I don't think you were naked? Is my brain acting up again?]
[pot:1]
You are suddenly ad violently hurled forward, straight into the globe, and end up in the booze dimension, choking to death on booze fumes. Oh good.

Wander searching for things to murder.

"Now, I'm back."
Lets see here. Well the forest crossroads are just ahead and someone is fighting something here already. Beyond that are a few paths. The western path on the crossroads looks like it might lead somewhere nice and dangerous for you though.

((Hmm.  I get +6 to dodge rolls, the monkey gets +1 to dex rolls.  So if I roll a one, and it rolls a six, that's at worst only partial damage.  From it's hands, too.

I have a feeling I'll win this fight, even if it takes awhile.))

Laugh at the silly monkey.  Wait for pool to regen, and sing "Can't touch this" for good measure.
The monkey doesn't seem very happy with your hijinks. In fact, he's positively fuming.

No, he's literally smoking and smoldering.

Ah smoof...
Leave the temple and TRY AGAIN! ALSO TRY TO FIND A STRONGER TOP-HAT!
You head back down to the clothing shop and look for a stronger tophat.

You find a top hat with a male body builder embroidered on it.

Close enough.

"I don't know what that's doing, but I'm certain it's something. And if this oragami would cooperate, I'd be much happier."

Transfer the circle (lift it up and put it down) to the ground with it's current rune, reactivate it, and after seeing what it does, swap the rune with the one I removed earlier and reactivate it again. Try touching the circle while it's active.
After doing that, dig a small hole and scratch B5 in it. Activate it. If enough time remains, tear off some more paper and roll it up into a crude pen, dip it in the ink, and draw B37 on a paper airplane. Throw it and activate it when it passes by someone's head.

I'll give you a hint. That circle does nothing if there's only one of them.

Also the ground here is solid stone here, so digging into it is gonna be pretty hard unless you've got steam shovels for hands. Lets just say you wrote it on the ground.
[pot:1+2]
Or not. That produces a little bit of ink, but no where near enough to write anything. So sad.

Nice idea though, it would work.

"Hello? Helloooooo!"

If I recieve no response, poke the boulder stack.

You poke the boulder stack.

You blink. You're not in the same place you were a moment ago.

A tall stone archway stands here, flanked on either side by a wall of thorn bushes with barbs needle sharp and inches long. The square cut, white stones of the archway are held together more by the vines covering it then the ancient mortar between the weathered stones.On the crest of the arch is a single large stone with the image of a sword engraved into it. Beyond the arch is a short stairway- its steps barely visible through the undergrowth -leading up a hill.You can see what looks like the top of another stone building peeking over the crest of the hill.

"Wow, that was surprisingly effective!"

1 point into channelling. Shareeb Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon Harialltontal and check out the result!
[pot:1+1]
"Fuck you"
This message brought to you by Random.org

"Alright, so it's a skeleton... If this is anything like Daggerfall, then now is a good time for blunt weapons... Do thrones count as blunt?"

Put on the ring, and then squish the skeleton with my throne.
You put on the ring. It bites into your flesh and tightens around your finger. A disk of crystal materializes behind your head, floating there like a halo, and five crystal spikes grow from it The spikes break off, hover above your head for an instant, and then scream forward and into the skeleton warrior. They punch straigh through his shield and explode into razor shrapnel, slicing the skeleton apart.

You gain a point.

Your right hand crystalizes solid and becomes useless.

Pretty much.  I just wanted to see if it had changed much.

Head back to village center, always looking for things to order to kill themselves.
Hmm, looks like you encounter something alright. A raider mage of all things, hanging out around the village homes.
[spd:4]
[mage spd:4]
[mage pot:2]
[will:1+2]
The mage completely fails to cast a spell, and your great mental powers amount to giving him a wicked case of psychosomatic jock itch.

Wait a second.... Tree.... Leaf....Stem... Bough....
Derm might be on the Tree of Every Known elements! Just shrunken in size, and on the ultra tiny booze leaf!

Dammnit Derm, how do you somehow manage to get all the way back to the beginning!
Will myself 2 sand blades(swords)

I just wanted to prove to you that I'm not fucking with you.

Continue work on the base. Will the fungus supports in the tunnel to become as hard and inflammable as steel.

Team bismuth: Now with awesome fortress of doom.
Well, it's more of a mineshaft right now.

Now then, fungus that's as hard and non-flammable as steel? Well, you can't have that, but it can be quite hard and relatively non-flammable.

Lets see here...lets say you do that and get through the inner gate area and down that long hallway.

"OhhHhh, oh my..."

Bigf00t looks a little stunned by what appears to be an agent, or beast of the Other that appeared before him.

He grins.

MURDER TIME!
Ah, we have our first attempt to kill a hero. I foresee nothing but success.
[spd:3-1]
[Black Helmet spd:4+2]
[BH dex:5+3]
[BH str:1+4]
Well...considering he's wielding something akin to Bramd and your armor consists of the fact that one of your toes is made of stone....yeah.

Welcome back to the spawn. At least you don't have far to walk back.

Go right! Get an idea of what's around the place.

Off to the side of the path is what looks like the remains of a stone building.Theres nothing left of the sturcture except for its foundation; a platform of square stone blocks overgrown by grass and weeds. The stones are very old and heavily weathered by the look of them; they must have been here for hundreds of years or maybe even more. The path continues forward towards a crossroads up ahead.

It looks like someone is here examining the foundation.

science again.
Doesn't work. That word is rather dependent on things. And is kinda out of date thanks to circles. Still works though.

Silica retries.
[pot:3+2]
You summon a rather giant bow that fires giant arrows. Giant Chainsaw arrows.

Because I mean, Just hitting them with an arrow the size of a prybar was too weak. Gotta have the chainsaw tips.

"Hehe... Um..... Good doggy?" Jixiu backs away in a non-threatening manner. If attacked, "Garstorpit Zaral" that mother.
You back away. The dog growls and bares it's teeth but doesn't give chase.

Try an experiment that will also make some raw materials for Angle. Then, if the experiment works, transform angle to fungus.
[pot:4+1]
The ground within the circle turns into steel. The ring inside it doesn't turn into steel. Instead it gets crushed flat. Huh. Probably not the thing to do to Angle.

and for those runes
You don't know, leg armor, wall, stylus/pen

"I have no idea, but I know one way to find out."

"HELLO? IS ANYONE HERE?"

"Yes." Someone yells from in the bar.

Continue attempting. Walk back to temple area.

"HEY GUYS, I HAVE JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA. WHO WANTS TO HEAR SCIENCE?"

No idea what you wan to continue attempting. But you walk back to the temple area.

E: SAY THE WORDS! Ignore my first PM.
[pot:4+1]
Flesh appears to your right. Ok.

((Oops, forgot to post an action last turn. Let's say the drink was stronger than expected.))

"Gack! Strong drink is strong. Eh... Anyway, theoretically, how many souls would you sell that information for?"

After knowing the answer for how many souls are needed for pool rune(s) and word(s) Kin walks out the bar and says "Zaral Shubha" hoping it will be stable enough to keep its shape.

The bartender taps his chin.
"Five."
[pot:2]
Sigh. Wouldn't have really worked anyways.

Sanya VI

Upon spawning, walk over to Shub-shalsheil's altar and take the knife. Rather than just a simple cut, carve The Hand of Knowledge into the palm of my left hand and allow the blood to pool in Shub-shalsheil's basin. Ask for the wound to scar, so that the circle will not be broken.
Your hand of knowledge has nothing to do with knowledge you know. Also it would be almost completely useless. Good thing you can't pull off cutting that in quickly enough.

Wander into the church and look about
You wander into the church. It looks like a fairly normal little church, though you don't recognize The deity. He looks kinda like zeus.

Try to use my picks to pry a pair of manacles or length of chain off of the wall while trying out WORDS

Then try to open the closed doors at the end of the room, if they don't budge then go back to the room I just came from and try the other passageway.

You manage to pry lose one of the pairs of manacles off the wall.

The double doors seem to lead back to the main entrance, albeit a bit closer to the giant metal double doors and hidden behind some carts.

Start from the top: The Monk Chamber.

The monk chamber is basically a very large room with more monks lining either side and a very big, very important, very talkative for a dead man monk at the end.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5255 on: May 24, 2013, 10:36:46 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: May 24, 2013, 10:46:51 pm »

Oh.
Well.
I don't tend to do freeform well. Hopefully there's a way out that isn't suicide related.

Runework and exploration!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »

((SOMEone said I was...

Also, I'm admitting, probably not for the first time, that I have NO idea what Blackpool's accent is right now.))

"This mus' be tha thin' tha' Derm'n'th'others war takin' aboot." ((A linguist just felt a cold shudder, I bet.))

Explore. Try to find a place with a fairly safe place to test things or, ideally, other people. If I can't find anyone friendly, Words.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: May 24, 2013, 11:07:55 pm »

Clo-caltel Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon Harialltontal, and focus on making a crossbow.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: May 24, 2013, 11:17:23 pm »

Examine the fruit, then use Runic Magic.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: May 24, 2013, 11:20:44 pm »

This will be fun.
Attempt to hit the owl with my Warhammer. If that fails, drop the hammer and say "Shalzethtol Rothcaltal" and aim at the Owl
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:22:38 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5262 on: May 24, 2013, 11:25:51 pm »

Continue construction. Will some of the fungus to consume the random bits of steel trash (With acid, if necessary.) that are laying around from the last few turns, and use that to reinforce the fungus supports.

Also I think you forgot to count my god favor.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:29:34 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: May 24, 2013, 11:42:29 pm »

((So, how should we deal with Black Helmet? It is possible he is not hostile.))
"Any ideas on how to establish tow-way communication to the people in the rift?"
Silica steps outside the anti-magic zone and says <words> before stepping back into the zone.

Spoiler: Silica's Catalogue (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:32:39 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: May 25, 2013, 12:43:20 am »

"Ragh! This is more frustrating then driving a TRUCK!"
Milo consults the notes in the margins of the book, observing that there are even more then last time he looked, some even in his own handwriting.
"Well, that's interesting. Two?"

Duplicate the circle as it currently is, out of oragami and everything, put the copy a few feet away. Activate both. Deactivate them, put one of the current oragami runes in the circle in place of the current one, then reactivate them to observe any effect. Should they fail to cause anything (and I didn't have to refold the rune I use, and have the mana), deactivate them and put the same rune (freshly folded) into the other circle and reactivate.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 435