Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956933 times)

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5370 on: May 30, 2013, 10:04:15 pm »

Ozzy approaches the stranger carefully with his lower arms upon his weapons, and taps the newcomer on the shoulder.

"Didn't you hear me?  What are you doing here man?"

If the man turns out to be a zombie or otherwise aggressive, slam both picks into him and shout COMBAT WORDS.

Otherwise mutter TESTING WORDS.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: May 30, 2013, 10:22:37 pm »

Have fun and try not to get mauled by bears/lions/pandas/anything in Australia/whatever the local dangerous wildlife is!
Ahahaha, I like that. Despite the fact that I live in Australia and love it, I honestly think he's right. The wildlife over here is HARDCORE.
Well, except the sheep. And the rabbits. But then, neither of those is native. And I hear the foxes are a bit more vicious than their European ancestors.
[jokes]And the frogs since the Simpsons visited[/jokes]
But seriously, the foxes would have to be to survive the other wildlife.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: May 30, 2013, 11:56:44 pm »

Have fun and try not to get mauled by bears/lions/pandas/anything in Australia/whatever the local dangerous wildlife is!
Ahahaha, I like that. Despite the fact that I live in Australia and love it, I honestly think he's right. The wildlife over here is HARDCORE.
Well, except the sheep. And the rabbits. But then, neither of those is native. And I hear the foxes are a bit more vicious than their European ancestors.
[jokes]And the frogs since the Simpsons visited[/jokes]
But seriously, the foxes would have to be to survive the other wildlife.
Thats not entirely true, Australian foxes have discovered its easier to survive our farmers than our wildlife so they dont bother anymore.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: May 31, 2013, 12:32:55 am »

I just think it is hilarious that an absurd number of people believe we Aussies ride kangaroos, as if we would do that! Emus are much faster.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: May 31, 2013, 01:01:18 am »

Ok, time to re-arrange my stats for faster science!

Run as far away from everyone else as possible, and commit suicide via "Zorhaltoran" Jump into it. IF I FAIL AT KILLING MYSELF TRY AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND ONE LAST TIME.

Reroll as: UBER CHANNELING!
Channeling = 9
Potency = 1

Reroll as: I'm sick of loosing body parts this often.
Channeling = 7
Potency = 3
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:43:16 am by Bigf00t »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: May 31, 2013, 03:49:38 am »

Ok, time to re-arrange my stats for faster science!

Run as far away from everyone else as possible, and commit suicide via "Zorhaltoran" Jump into it. IF I FAIL AT KILLING MYSELF TRY AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND ONE LAST TIME.

Reroll as: UBER CHANNELING!
Channeling = 9
Potency = 1

Reroll as: I'm sick of loosing body parts this often.
Channeling = 7
Potency = 3

REPEATED ZENTOL. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DO THAT. REPEAT ZENTOL A LOT, FOR SCIENCE!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: May 31, 2013, 04:46:34 am »

Emu's are also not as capable of disembowelling you with their legs, like kangaroos are known to. I think that Australia is also unique for the fact that it has over 150 different species of venomous snake (and has 9 of the top 10 most venomous snakes in the world too). And where you can't find any snakes (like in Sydney), it's because the spiders ate them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: May 31, 2013, 06:43:04 am »

I just think it is hilarious that an absurd number of people believe we Aussies ride kangaroos, as if we would do that! Emus are much faster.
I'd imagine they're easier to tame, too. And your stables wouldn't need to be built to keep the emus from hopping over them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: May 31, 2013, 07:11:44 am »

"Well...."
Attempt to use sword (will) to re-ignite self then go up to the temple If I encounter flabort and eotyrannus. then intervene on the side of flabort via sword based decapitation.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: May 31, 2013, 07:27:49 am »

I'd imagine they're easier to tame, too. And your stables wouldn't need to be built to keep the emus from hopping over them.
This. Also when we have boomerangs who NEEDS kickboxing? No, scratch that. BRB, genetically combining Emus with Kangaroos. Hell, why not throw a little venomous snake in there too. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

-snip-
REPEATED ZENTOL. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DO THAT. REPEAT ZENTOL A LOT, FOR SCIENCE!
If anyone wants to see what will happen with WAY too much Zentol, I am now accepting bribes.

I'm kind-of getting sick of taking so damn long to SCIENCE for words (let alone runes). Imagine the repository of knowledge we could build if both Aether's and Bismuth's word/rune lists were combined! I understand the Arms (word) race is a big incentive, but it has been 359 standard pages and even some of the initial words haven't (to my knowledge) been cracked!

I fear this will fall on deaf ears, and stubborn minds. Old grudges and blood-lust conspire against this agreement. I'm not saying we all lay down our arms and work for peace.

Oh my no.

But would both sides and all science third parties consider, in the spirit of killing and discovery, sharing their wordlists? It doesn't have to be public, you could even raise the bar of admission to your new uber-powered group to a trade in souls or yet-to-be-uncovered words.

If either faction, or any other faction wishes to consider forging a Scientific Commonwealth, PM or post. I am happy to work as a middle ground for the possible collaboration (as a neutral party, having no stake in either team).

Any takers?
(As a gesture of faith, I am personally happy to share my own wordlist of ~130 words, if other parties think that would help.)
(To summarize, I am thinking of combining as many wordlists from as many parties as will accept. Some stand more to gain than others, but the mega-list will only be sent back to those who participated, unless the collective thought it prudent to release said list.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:33:05 am by Bigf00t »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5380 on: May 31, 2013, 08:26:19 am »

((Sharing? What do you think we are, some commie little blue elves that live in mushrooms? This is a game of competition and blood![/joking]

Seriously, if we were to ally and share words for a fun purpose, like slaying that giant whale thing or going after a sealer, then I'd consider it. With the way things are now, that competition we have is a small bit of the fun I have with sciencing (the large bit of course being the science itself), so I am personally against it.

I could put it up for a team vote I suppose, if the another team agrees.

And one of the reasons one joins a team is to get more words. If we start giving away words for free to the public we loose one of our new member incentive. Plus, a lot of the words most teams have can make for spells of unstoppable destruction with enough pool, and I don't think having a second Age of Garstopit and Chaos will be good for the teams, unless they're the ones doing the killing.))

((And now that you mentioned teams, it's never a wrong time to JOIN TEAM BISMUTH! If joining a team isn't your thing, then we can always trade for knowledge or or objects. Or have one of my super secret 7 pool enchantments cast upon you.))

((And for the zentol experiment, could I perhaps entice you with a free word or enchantment? I've always wondered what happens when you do that. It's going to be fun watching you get dragged into the realm of an eldritch monstrosity and having your soul tormented for all eternity. And it's kind of a personal concern, since I'm at half corruption myself after I discovered that rune.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:28:09 am by Parisbre56 »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: May 31, 2013, 01:02:18 pm »

Arrows. How do you make zem? Anyone?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: May 31, 2013, 01:31:27 pm »

Arrows. How do you make zem? Anyone?

Shaontrod, I believe. Also works for bolts, I think. Been used publicly several times.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: May 31, 2013, 02:55:41 pm »

((Sharing? What do you think we are, some commie little blue elves that live in mushrooms? This is a game of competition and blood![/joking]

Seriously, if we were to ally and share words for a fun purpose, like slaying that giant whale thing or going after a sealer, then I'd consider it. With the way things are now, that competition we have is a small bit of the fun I have with sciencing (the large bit of course being the science itself), so I am personally against it.

I could put it up for a team vote I suppose, if the another team agrees.

And one of the reasons one joins a team is to get more words. If we start giving away words for free to the public we loose one of our new member incentive. Plus, a lot of the words most teams have can make for spells of unstoppable destruction with enough pool, and I don't think having a second Age of Garstopit and Chaos will be good for the teams, unless they're the ones doing the killing.))

((And now that you mentioned teams, it's never a wrong time to JOIN TEAM BISMUTH! If joining a team isn't your thing, then we can always trade for knowledge or or objects. Or have one of my super secret 7 pool enchantments cast upon you.))

((And for the zentol experiment, could I perhaps entice you with a free word or enchantment? I've always wondered what happens when you do that. It's going to be fun watching you get dragged into the realm of an eldritch monstrosity and having your soul tormented for all eternity. And it's kind of a personal concern, since I'm at half corruption myself after I discovered that rune.))

I was considering trying to make a micro-arena tournament thing at some point where people could compete for prizes as well as souls. For instance, once I set the boundaries, any kind of tournament could be had: to first blood using only two-word weapons, for instance. The prize would be set beforehand, such as "if I win, you become my indentured servant for x amount of turns" or " you do this dangerous science that no one else wants to do" and once it's agreed upon, you can go to dueling. It would be a fairly simple system, but I'm trying to figure out how to make something that I can use as an arena... like a flat circle of land I can manipulate and control.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: May 31, 2013, 03:21:01 pm »

This. Also when we have boomerangs who NEEDS kickboxing? No, scratch that. BRB, genetically combining Emus with Kangaroos. Hell, why not throw a little venomous snake in there too. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?
Nothing, if your plan is to make a very expensive stillborn.

I'd be willing and eager to share my knowledge with this new MegaList, but most of it simply isn't mine to give. I can't imagine that Aether would want to give its hard-earned secrets to anyone not helping them, so we'd need some kind of promise that Bismuth or something would also reveal their whole list...and even then, no promises.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 435