Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956872 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5520 on: June 09, 2013, 05:47:44 pm »

Altered my actions slightly.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: June 09, 2013, 06:41:36 pm »

To the fort!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: June 09, 2013, 06:45:01 pm »

So I just realized something. One more success with diamond then I can literally not fail at using diamond with Glassco's will. Ever.

Will Piecewise even bother rolling then? Even the lowest result is a four.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: June 09, 2013, 06:51:02 pm »

So I just realized something. One more success with diamond then I can literally not fail at using diamond with Glassco's will. Ever.

Overshots. 6+3. You speed up the ship so much you break the sound barrier, and die from the overpressure.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: June 09, 2013, 06:56:06 pm »

Except there is no overshots. Just stronger and stronger results... sure, going high enough might result in essentially an overshot (OK, 6+3 would probably be that), but they are not INTRINSICALLY overshots (He wouldn't break the sound barrier, but he may be unable to react fast enough to steer) (I used that word right, right?).

Edit: Also, just remember even a four or higher on a Black Hole is an overshot, in most cases.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:03:50 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: June 09, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »

Overshots. 6+3. You speed up the ship so much you break the sound barrier, and die from the overpressure.
Cue clockwork force based inertial dampeners being installed on all future vessels, space travel ahoy.

Also thats another reason that all my vessels will be minions, they dont require rolls to manouvre.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: June 09, 2013, 07:29:24 pm »

Note to self, figure out how to give sentience to ship to flex three minion slots. Ponder if its as simple as "make diamond sentient, base intelligence in skull on ship figure head, make snarky."

Also, its only going to get worse from here really roll wise, I can no longer fail after one more passed roll. I don't even know how crazy things might get maxed Green covenant might be, I might be getting a plus six on my rolls or some crazy shit like that. I don't know what maxed stats are, just that there is a cap however, so probably that plus three more.

I really need to turn myself diamond eventually. Then full blown crazy can happen. Then no death from overpressure, yay! Speed up the ship as fast as I want! No eardrum will be safe from the breaking of the sound barrier due to fast!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: June 09, 2013, 07:41:25 pm »

Note to self, figure out how to give sentience to ship to flex three minion slots. Ponder if its as simple as "make diamond sentient, base intelligence in skull on ship figure head, make snarky."

Also, its only going to get worse from here really roll wise, I can no longer fail after one more passed roll. I don't even know how crazy things might get maxed Green covenant might be, I might be getting a plus six on my rolls or some crazy shit like that. I don't know what maxed stats are, just that there is a cap however, so probably that plus three more.

I really need to turn myself diamond eventually. Then full blown crazy can happen. Then no death from overpressure, yay! Speed up the ship as fast as I want! No eardrum will be safe from the breaking of the sound barrier due to fast!

Copycat. :P Also, watch out for rainbows if you break the sound barrier. SCIENCE! will occur.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: June 09, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »

Coping who, the fungus guy? Nah, he's got his own thing going on with his fungal battle mech.

Will do on the rainbows, I'll make a diamond prism to toss at one of them to see what happens.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: June 09, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »

Coping who, the fungus guy? Nah, he's got his own thing going on with his fungal battle mech.

Will do on the rainbows, I'll make a diamond prism to toss at one of them to see what happens.
Copying ME! I have a diamond body. Grumble.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: June 09, 2013, 07:46:59 pm »

So does Pariah. So does a lot of people, actually. I'm honestly surprised so many people have diamond stuff, but I can see the reasons why. Same reasons I wanted a diamond ship: Strong, isn't conductive, won't melt easily, can hold an edge (kinda).

Just makes the fact that Glassco has complete and utter control over diamond a valuable commodity.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5531 on: June 09, 2013, 08:00:22 pm »

I'm already at that point, remember, and he still rolls for me. Also four is only barely a success.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: June 09, 2013, 08:06:07 pm »

Hmm. I thought diamond WAS conductive, as it is pure carbon, in a rigid grid shape with lots of gaps - maybe not as many gaps as graphite (REALLY conductive, made of layers of hex-shaped holes), but electrons don't really travel through gaps, they swing along, Tarzan style, between atoms. Which, in my mind, would make Diamond's structure more conductive to electron travel, making simply more conductive.  ???
Someone who paid better attention in classes could probably say better then me. I may have skimmed over that section in order to read more on the Organic Chem sections of the textbooks.  ::)
The Cyan Menace

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: June 09, 2013, 08:21:26 pm »

Beats me. I've been basing its non-conductivity due to being similar to a rock I assume, which even then might not be true (stone being conductive that is). In which case I got no idea how to avoid conductivity beyond trying to fix the bad points of it.

@Angle: Yeah, I thought you were at that point as well last I checked. Guess he will still roll then, although the outcomes won't change much I'd wager.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: June 09, 2013, 08:41:31 pm »

Huh. A quick google-and-wikipedia tells me a couple things. I was sort of right; They ARE excellent conductors, but only of HEAT. You'd do better insulating yourself with air then diamond. They are NOT good electrical conductors. Blue diamonds, which have boron impurities, are good semiconductors (And would be good for making computer parts), and the surfaces of artificially created diamonds (Not the similar-to-a-diamond-but-not-really kind, real diamonds) are REALLY good conductors due again to flaws (hydrogen this time).
Using the diamond word and the Blue Crystal word together in a spell with a shape (like sword or box) would probably result in an interesting hybrid that conducts electricity really well (Especially if you added Rothon), but you didn't pick diamond for that property; you picked it for the opposite.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 435