Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956395 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5805 on: June 16, 2013, 04:19:25 am »

((Not yet but probably next turn))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

SonicH

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: June 16, 2013, 05:36:21 am »

Okay , so here what I have I'll just do it.. :)

Dale , a short not muscular but very agile man who has short thin brown hair , dark black eyes , a scar going down his cheek . Stats :
4 Dexterity:3 Speed:2 Awareness: 1 Endurance

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: June 16, 2013, 09:58:39 am »

May I suggest you move one point from dex to Awareness?  It won't actually affect your dexterity, and you'll get +1 on awa rolls.  It would remove the "4-3-2-1" thing you have, but it would be entirely more effective.

This is because you only get a +1 for every three points in a stat, and a -1 when you have no points in a stat.  A five, four, and three all have the same effect.

Despite you not being a caster, I'll give you two spells I give to newbies: "Shaazeshelial Zzers Harialltontal" makes your entire body fast and strong, while "Noreeb Cainthalsaz Rothcaltal" shoots a laser beam from your palm.
Also:
Since Piecewise bas been updating irregularly, I'll save you some time.  He'd just describe the first room to you, then let you choose what to do.

Instead I'll give you a description of the temple so you can have a full turn.  I suggest you post one before Piecewise updates.

Spoiler: Infodump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

For god, I'd reccomend Flux if you want to be a straight fighter, Blastel if you want to spawn camp, or maybe Scarlon if you want to be an assassin, although you should probably swap a point from endurance to will for him.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: June 16, 2013, 10:11:36 am »

((And as long as you don't try to do something like player kill, Silica (my character) will be happy to provide you with free experimental equipment for testing.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: June 16, 2013, 10:42:37 am »

[Pretty much what Empiricist said. First guy got split in two after failing to murder someone, second guy almost got it if it wasn't for a good endurance roll and is now beset upon the guy's ally. Could go either way, but is kind of staggered against him. Really, who is even at the temple still honestly? Like... Five guys? Not counting Derm and company in the rune'verse.]
IM NOT DEAD YET!
[I didn't say you were dead man, I said that it could go either way but things are currently rather staggered against you, which is true. Get outside the antimagic zone and things would change.]

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5810 on: June 16, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »

[Pretty much what Empiricist said. First guy got split in two after failing to murder someone, second guy almost got it if it wasn't for a good endurance roll and is now beset upon the guy's ally. Could go either way, but is kind of staggered against him. Really, who is even at the temple still honestly? Like... Five guys? Not counting Derm and company in the rune'verse.]
IM NOT DEAD YET!
[I didn't say you were dead man, I said that it could go either way but things are currently rather staggered against you, which is true. Get outside the antimagic zone and things would change.]

Well, my actions were pretty much:
1) Pray Flux if i have time (Skip this else)
2) Get outside temple
3) Cast words that will probably potentially help me survive
4) Get back inside and pwn them.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: June 16, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »

IM NOT DEAD YET!
With magic, the biggest effect on who wins and who dies is who prayed to the Random Number God most lately.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5812 on: June 16, 2013, 03:40:41 pm »

IM NOT DEAD YET!
With magic, the biggest effect on who wins and who dies is who prayed to the Random Number God most lately.

Yep. We need to build an altar for the Random Number God. Then everyone who participated on it shall have the glory.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: June 16, 2013, 09:29:12 pm »

IM NOT DEAD YET!
Yep. We need to build an altar for the Random Number God. Then everyone who participated on it shall have the glory.
Next turn... I think I'll do this!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: June 16, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »

IM NOT DEAD YET!
And I'll build the Zentol altar. *deadlyserious*
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5815 on: June 17, 2013, 12:04:13 am »

Isn't there a word for altar? I wonder what one of those does if you sacrifice somebody to it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: June 17, 2013, 02:46:29 am »

Say Testing Words and then leave through the lighted doorway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: June 17, 2013, 03:54:10 am »

IM NOT DEAD YET!
I... I don't... This might actually work... Maybe.
I know how Zentol pretty much cancels out whatever sentence it is in but... this may just be an exception. Perhaps. SCIENCE.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5818 on: June 17, 2013, 04:05:57 am »

IM NOT DEAD YET!
I... I don't... This might actually work... Maybe.
I know how Zentol pretty much cancels out whatever sentence it is in but... this may just be an exception. Perhaps. SCIENCE.
Well, have you tried making a common altar out of stone then using Zentol over/at it?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: June 17, 2013, 04:21:32 am »

Zentol enacts the effect you need most at the time of incantation, it will never allow you to directly control the effect.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 435