Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956968 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6015 on: June 22, 2013, 04:05:47 pm »

((Ah, how pride goes before the fall. All die in the end.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6016 on: June 22, 2013, 04:08:07 pm »

((Ah, how pride goes before the fall. All die in the end.))

I didnt say death isnt a possibility. For some reason people thinks that for me saying how im gonna attempt to get big power im assuming that i got a 100% chance to complete it without any kind of error, or that i will become immortal...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: June 22, 2013, 04:12:24 pm »

Wait, wait, wait. If someone thinks they can be nigh-invincible, did someone figure out how to block arcane death-ray? I'm still relatively sure that cuts through anything. Anything.
It's not kinetic force, it's not heat, it's not sentient, it is simply the antithesis to existence. I still fail to see how spiky, poisoned armor will stop that.

Not to mention there's almost always someone who manipulates all the interesting materials. Suffice to say, when you modify someone made of an element you control there is no opposed will roll. If you have 0 and they have infinite will, but you roll a six minus one meaning a five, they still get turned into a cube the size of your nail.

I just don't get how anyone feels safe in this game. You're at the mercy of a quirky alliance system. No more, no less. If everyone, or even just one lucky bastard, decides they don't like you, then you won't spend much longer as anything recognizable as living.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: June 22, 2013, 04:16:01 pm »

((Although, as evidenced by some players, it can go both ways.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6019 on: June 22, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »

Wait, wait, wait. If someone thinks they can be nigh-invincible, did someone figure out how to block arcane death-ray? I'm still relatively sure that cuts through anything. Anything.
It's not kinetic force, it's not heat, it's not sentient, it is simply the antithesis to existence. I still fail to see how spiky, poisoned armor will stop that.

Not to mention there's almost always someone who manipulates all the interesting materials. Suffice to say, when you modify someone made of an element you control there is no opposed will roll. If you have 0 and they have infinite will, but you roll a six minus one meaning a five, they still get turned into a cube the size of your nail.

I just don't get how anyone feels safe in this game. You're at the mercy of a quirky alliance system. No more, no less. If everyone, or even just one lucky bastard, decides they don't like you, then you won't spend much longer as anything recognizable as living.

Use blackhole to absorb laser deathray. Or use Arcane Control to redirect it. Did anyone try a mirror already? Or becoming antimagic metal?
Anyways now that i know the dimension creator circle, i will make my own dimension on where everything will attempt to kill anything that isnt me or an ally.

And in will battles, it ends up being whos the most lucky. If they convert you into a little cube, you will to become back what you where, then make something to him.
And of course, ensured 5-6 rolls help too. (And its hard to concentrate your will while a fliying sword tries to impale you, a extremely poisonous snake is getting near your feet, that thing that you though a rock isnt a rock, a big shadow is appearing behind you, and you got a sphere of living fire over your head).
And its not like i was gonna go around alone.
Anyways, apart of the mask what more powers Scarlon gives you?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:47:54 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6020 on: June 22, 2013, 04:50:13 pm »

I dunno. I'm the only one that knows how to make anti-magic metal, and I haven't tested it much yet, since I discovered it so recently. I'll try some more armor experiments soon. Assuming there is a soon.

And as soon as someone destroys the circle, you will appear outside, probably over a pit with arcane spikes.

And piecewise said it doesn't work like that. Biggest will roll always wins. And people always get defense will rolls.

And just search the status post for scarlon.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: June 22, 2013, 05:04:42 pm »

I feel like I got handed the short Straw with NulSheal. I got to control sand...

On the bright side, I have Sand Blades; which should be moderately sharp, and probably get sand in your wounds.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: June 22, 2013, 08:28:16 pm »

I feel like I got handed the short Straw with NulSheal. I got to control sand...

On the bright side, I have Sand Blades; which should be moderately sharp, and probably get sand in your wounds.
There have been sandstorms that have killed people by grinding away the skin and bone. Also, sand grains are about the same size as what mass effect guns scrape off their ammo blocks. That should give you a idea.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: June 22, 2013, 10:20:02 pm »

There have been sandstorms that have killed people by grinding away the skin and bone. Also, sand grains are about the same size as what mass effect guns scrape off their ammo blocks. That should give you a idea.
@ArchAIngel: What. Have. You. DONE!

Welp. Living is overrated anyway I suppose.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: June 22, 2013, 10:28:44 pm »

Now if only I had 1 Will instead of 0......

Sandstorm Minion would be a great idea! Especially if I toss some sharp objects in there! And the best part about a sandstorm: You can't escape the sand as long as there is a hole in your armor!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: June 22, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »

It's kinda like superheroes. There are no shitty powers, only superheroes who don't know how to properly use theirs.
There's a superhero somewhere who...well...which trope did I find the link to him under? Well, his power was pretty terrible. It was a very limited ability to force others to tell the truth and was discovered in a way that lead to the hero's divorce. And he was in a webcomic.

Sand control is not such a power.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: June 22, 2013, 10:39:47 pm »

You ever read Worm? That type of superhero inventiveness is abound in spades there.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:30 pm »

You dare mock my sand Control Powers! I'll have you know I am currently on a beach!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: June 22, 2013, 10:47:23 pm »

You ever read Worm? That type of superhero inventiveness is abound in spades there.
Can't say I have...

You dare mock my sand Control Powers! I'll have you know I am currently on a beach!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are many ways that could be more impressive, such as a background, or doing something useful with the sand.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: June 23, 2013, 01:40:16 am »

[FELLOW BLASTELLIANS, WE MUST SHOW THE ERROR OF THIS MAN'S WAY, PHYSICAL POWER TRUMPS ALL IN THE ARENA OF TRUE FIGHTING! TRUE HONOR! TRUE BLOODSHED!/Ham]

I have decided my next character will be a woman. That way you will feel bad for killing a woman (Or better, a little girl!). Anyways, of course, i wont have this kind of power at beggining. Is more of an over time thing. It still doesnt stop me of getting three initial companions of up to 4 words.
((You really underestimate how indiscriminate people are in these games. They tend to kill anyone who is a threat, every last man, woman and child. Also, how do you intend to amass that many souls so quickly? Not even Cog who spends almost all of his time has gained that many souls.

Also, dimension circles are both costly and unstable, you'll need an entire team to power it up initially and it'll still quickly destabilize. Also, hiding in some alternate dimension isn't the best idea if you can't get out without deactivating it.

Finally, the two major teams seem rather concerned by your ambition. Generally not the best idea to aggro the people who know how to buff pretty much all of their stats or mass produce minions that fire blackholes. And assuming you succeed, anyone who you piss off can end you via Zentol, sure it'll probably kill them, but it'll also kill you.))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:46:19 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 435