Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956402 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6135 on: June 27, 2013, 04:30:18 am »

I believe i shall watch that movie now so i know just what you mean
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: June 27, 2013, 04:33:08 am »

I believe i shall watch that movie now so i know just what you mean
Basically, in PW's Poison system, you grind up random shit, get so high off of the random shit that you enter eldritch dimensions, trip balls in order to perform magic, get stuff from said dimensions and then either keep, sell or grind & snort what you find.

It's basically LSD made out of Perplexicon.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: June 27, 2013, 04:37:34 am »

Oh god i want in
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: June 27, 2013, 05:35:03 am »

Poison... is it about some guys who get poisoned and have to find the antidote before it's too late? Or maybe some kind of assassin? Or an alchemist? Or a poisoned apple? Or a living cloud of poison? Or people living in a post apocalyptic world where everything is poison? Or one of the players poisons the well and the others lynch him, Mafia style? Or a game about poisonous animals? Or a game where fear, doubt and hate poison/have poisoned your soul? Or... Okay, I'll stop guessing now.
Well, it's a bit complex, but I pitched it to a friend as "It's a game about grinding up your kitchen counter, your gold fish and a tin can and then smoking the powder and being whisked off to various nightmare worlds where you then do hits of Acid to summon clouds of homicidal bees. And then you can sell what you find in the nightmare world at the pawn shop in order to pay your rent for the month; assuming the nightmares don't follow you back out."

Sort of a "STALKER" meets "Fear and Loathing." sorta thing with a modular drug making system designed to let you turn anything you want into a drug with varying supernatural effects.

You know, same old same old.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: June 27, 2013, 07:52:23 am »

That works too!  The mix and match effect system (magic, drugs, whatever) was just a lot of fun to run with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: June 27, 2013, 08:22:05 am »

piecewise, you never did definitively answer my questions about "one gang one kind of magic" or "one kind of magic one gang" definitively. All you've said for certain is that PCs can form gangs that go against that pattern...and you didn't even say if NPCs could join them...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6143 on: June 27, 2013, 08:30:10 am »

He did say NPCs can join PC gangs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: June 27, 2013, 09:11:14 am »

He did say NPCs can join PC gangs.
Missed that.
Still leaves the issue of the starting gangs. I'd be disappointed if there was only a "Mage Eater" gang, an "Artificer" gang, a "Bloatmage" gang, etc. At the very least, a couple of each, and perhaps some assorted non-type mages scattered about within.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:33 am »

Happy Birthday, Piecewise!  Thanks for all your awesome RTDs!

Secondly, magical knowledge is unique to the character. Dying means losing that knowledge. And, although you can write down that knowledge or teach it to others, it takes time to learn.

How would you even do this?  By just saying "Your character doesn't know this spell" when a player says to do something with a new char?

4. I'm still working on how magic would work, mostly because I would be creating a new, more holistic system designed around discovery via experimentation rather then being given a list of words and just combining them. That and working on making it a deterministic system yet still one that feels "magical".

What's this?  I thought you said that Perplexicon was just a test for the magic system, so we'd be using the same thing in this new game.  Why would you have to create a new system?

Exactly how would it change?  What would be different

For now, that switches my vote back to 1.  I like the current magic system.

Beh.  Since you said people collecting info for you is useful, here's all the votes.  I left out ambiguous "3 is sounding pretty awesome"- this is pretty much just the stuff that says "I want x".  Also, I'm not sure if the talk to play Poison was serious.
  • Option 1: 4 votes (syvarris, Sarzael, Xanmyral, Kinesen)
  • Option 2: 0 votes (Ha!)
  • Option 3: 1 vote (Zako*)
  • Not 2: 7 votes (syvarris, Corsair, Empiricist, Harry Baldman, Tsuchigumo550, Vakothu, Saurinae)
  • Test 1, try others if it doesn't work: 5 votes (Unholy Pariah, Harry Baldman, Tsuchigumo550, Vakothu, Saurinae)
*Fairly ambiguous

@Everyone else

If we do go with 3, why don't we all start our own PC-only gang?  Everyone joins.  Sure, it'd be more difficult, but we wouldn't have any NPC's ruling over us or anything.  Plus we'd be able to form the ideal mixture of the various magic styles without having to work around the pre-existing gangs'... stylism?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:34 am »

If we do go with 3, why don't we all start our own PC-only gang?  Everyone joins.  Sure, it'd be more difficult, but we wouldn't have any NPC's ruling over us or anything.  Plus we'd be able to form the ideal mixture of the various magic styles without having to work around the pre-existing gangs'... stylism?

I felt quire sure many of us would go for that. I'd be in.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: June 27, 2013, 09:38:51 am »

That would be interesting, especially if Mage Breaker equipment is compatible with Artificer enchantments.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: June 27, 2013, 09:42:49 am »

Happy Birthday, Piecewise!  Thanks for all your awesome RTDs!
It's piecewise's birthday?
Happy birthday!

(Oh, and you left me out. Mine was basically "Try 1 then go for others".)

I felt quire sure many of us would go for that. I'd be in.
Agreed. We will make the Aether Gang.
(Aether gets the name because it was first.)
Sig

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:58 am »

Also, I'll throw up the current turn on thursday, since today was pretty damn busy, tomorrow I'm driving cross country and the day after that is my birthday.

And no, not the Aether gang.  Nobody wants to send the wrong message... The Zentol gang would be better.   Or just Zentol.

And everyone wears demonic equipment and speaks in Faust's voice when active ;p

Edit: Even better idea: if 3 uses a non-word system, Piecewise gives us the meaning of all the perplexicon words and we speak that language as a code.

Example:
"Cycallozozion (Enemy?) Halthel Halthel Halthel!" Three enemy men where I am staring!
"Halthel, Shael Gastorpit." Man, your breath stinks.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 435