Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 39778 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 07:45:52 pm »

TempAcc: I almost forgot to ask you a question! How does it feel to be almost-forgotten?

I cri evertim

I'm still in RVS mode due to not quite knowing the nuances of each player (since I dont play forum games here, usualy, or at all).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 07:51:33 pm »

roo: Temp did answer with more information right here:
TempAcc: I think I've seen you around this subforum at some point, but I can't remember. Care to fill me in?
This is me. Essentialy just a regular general discussion goer that rarely gets into forum games. Generally looked with suspicion on this forum due to a combination of a) being a lawyer, b) not being an atheist, c) not being a leftie and d) Tim Curry.
It is not anything partaining to the game, but it is getting conversations started, unlike you, who have still yet to answer my question. And, by the way, your prediction is wrong. I am town.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 08:01:19 pm »

Reverie: Not sure if your willingness to question OSG is veteran scars showing up or a not so veiled attempt to shift attention from yourself. When did you join the forums, though?
My willingness to question OSG? TempAcc, you're going to have to elaborate. Why wouldn't I question him? We don't have any common game history, just off the top of my head. Nor have I drawn any attention to myself in the hour or two since the game started, but cute conjecture and a gold star for trying.
(And to answer your last question, I've been here since 2009 and have played mafia since 2011.)

I'm a lawyerthief, I can smell this stuff from a mile away, which is why I'm not making your mistakes and am keeping an eye on Roo.
After weighing this a bit, I'm going to have to say no, I smell a backpedal here. It's subtle, but it's there. A nervous kneejerk reaction to simply being the first to regard TempAcc (besides yourself, that is, who I might add also asks him a question) and lightly suggesting that questioning him was a mistake? While you just did so? And this is just a few posts into the game. Crazy.
TempAcc, origamiscienceguy, both of you have officially gained my interest, and my vote will rest right where it is. Should TempAcc be scum, origamiscienceguy may be next. Let's see how this unfolds.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 08:04:21 pm »

@elephant

The fact that you would say that. Tells me how naïve you are. Do you really think all content is good? And we will all hold hands in an emotional showing of oneness? That's rhetorical don't answer.

You know that statement is a lie. You know you would never do certain things. Because you realize some things are just down right huh!?!?!

Questions get people posting yes. Andddd? No one is asking anyone to deliver more than they can. That is not what I am saying. Your interpretations are your own. The discussion is about what is "good content". I am fully confident that anyone can get the game started. I might rub people the wrong way, but that is a far lesser evil than letting everybody fuck around for 7-10 pages and start back up again the next day.

At the end of your post elephant you basically agree with me. How can you get lynch worthy reactions from "care to fill me in?". If you follow the train of thought it goes right back to what I was saying from good questions and bad questions. I'm not saying everyone should play this way. As everyone has their own playstyle. But I am saying the status quo is just detrimental to town. As these rqs phases go on for 7-8 pages.

Controversy gets people posting. As they want to weigh in with their two cents. Calling someone scum and sticking to it and continuously pushing it gets people posting. My playstyle is proven to get town posting and continue it. I don't back down. And I stay active even in the face of a lynch. People want to bring in their personal feelings into a game that is thir choice.

Also I don't remember playing with you.

@osg that is no a response that is just you quoting yourself. Why was me saying temp already answered vote worthy?
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 08:13:57 pm »

No one is asking anyone to deliver more than they can
That is literally what you are doing. You are saying "I don't like your question, make a better one >:(".

I might rub people the wrong way, but that is a far lesser evil than letting everybody fuck around for 7-10 pages and start back up again the next day.
I mean, if people spend all day arguing about you, that's not a good thing.

At the end of your post elephant you basically agree with me. How can you get lynch worthy reactions from "care to fill me in?".
You can't. You can, however, get a response that allows you to ask another question, which might allow you to ask another question, and so on until things do matter.

Also I don't remember playing with you.
You haven't, but I read games I find interesting as they go on, or after they end. I've never played with you, but I've read at least three games that you were in, and you acted as I described in all of them.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 08:16:34 pm »

EBWOP I meant 'first to regard OSG', not 'first to regard TempAcc' in my above post.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:19 pm »

I am saying that I already said why I am voting you. Because you seem to be under the impression that I have not explained myself.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 08:33:22 pm »

I am saying that I already said why I am voting you. Because you seem to be under the impression that I have not explained myself.

You said nothing of the kind. I can't read your mind. Can I get the first letter? Or can you bold the reason so my puny brain can see it?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 08:34:05 pm »

Which games did you read? And do you think you can tell my alignment right now?
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »

Which games did you read?
I don't actually remember! They didn't really stick in my mind, honestly—or not enough for me to remember the playerlist, at least.

And do you think you can tell my alignment right now?
Not yet. I think you're being a bit aggressive, but you're always aggressive, so I'm not sure if that means anything. Also, we've mostly been arguing Mafia meta; fun as it is, it's only a step away from RVS. Actually, it pretty much is RVS.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 09:42:30 pm »

roo: Temp did answer with more information right here:
TempAcc: I think I've seen you around this subforum at some point, but I can't remember. Care to fill me in?
This is me. Essentialy just a regular general discussion goer that rarely gets into forum games. Generally looked with suspicion on this forum due to a combination of a) being a lawyer, b) not being an atheist, c) not being a leftie and d) Tim Curry.
It is not anything partaining to the game, but it is getting conversations started, unlike you, who have still yet to answer my question. And, by the way, your prediction is wrong. I am town.
In short, I would like you to answer questions. Here's another one: Suppose you are a vanila mafioso. If your Godfather was about to be lynched, would you suddenly act really scummy to save them?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 11:16:51 pm »

The question you refer too you realize you called it a prediction correct? I had zero basis of knowing whether you were scum pre-game. In fact I did this before in the last vengeful iteration (and was right iirc). Do I need to explain why your question is pointless and ill conceived? Also your "reason" is so far removed from your vote and you're flabbergasted that I didn't see the why...hello?

I am supposing I am a vanilla mafioso. If my godfather was about to be lynched. That would be because I am probably the one bussing him.

Here is a question osg Do you think my vote on you is fair?
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 11:21:47 pm »

You can do whatever you want with your vote. We all get one, so it is perfectly fair that you do whatever you want with your vote.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 11:35:50 pm »

What a Great non-answer that ignores all game context and produces non-content. [sarcasm] Are you a wizard? [/sarcasm]

Who are you currently scum reading osg? And why.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 11:44:34 pm »

I am not a wizard. Everybody right now is neutral for me. No scum reads yet. How about you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26