Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Aurora 4x Race - Team 3: Incorporated Alliance of Nations  (Read 1234 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aurora 4x Race - Team 3: Incorporated Alliance of Nations
« on: August 16, 2020, 09:11:07 pm »

Welcome to the Aurora 4x Race thread for Team 3. Here you can discuss plans, vote, worldbuild, and whatnot.

If you aren't from team 3, please look no further.

Core thread

Quote from: Nation 3 info
Introduction:
    -Name: Incorporated Alliance of Nations (I.A.N.)
    -Background: A coalition of Corporations and traditional city states created for the purpose of ensuring the mutual protection and profit for all of its members.

People and Society:
    -Nationality: Varied between many corporations and minor states, though there is also a notable strand of belief in I.A.N. nationality spread throughout the population.
    -Ethnicities: 14% Chinese, 7% English, 7% American, 9% Indian, 9% Japanese, 9% French, 9% German, 9% Arabic, 5% Korean, 5% Italian, 5% Jewish, 5% Polish, 4% Aztec, 3% Russian
    -Languages: English is the primary language, but almost all nationalities still have their native language to some degree.
    -Religions: Varied.

Government:
    -Name: Incorporated Alliance of Nations
    -Government type: Each individual state and megacorp maintains their own as long as it complies with the requirements in the Foundational Bill, and the I.A.N. maintains its own government above that which concerns itself mainly with maintaining it's naval monopoly and representing all member states to outsiders when needed, as well as internal mediation.
    -Citizenship: Automatically granted to anyone with citizenship in a member nation. How those member nations grant Citizenship can vary.
    -Head of state: Highest Executive.
    -Governing Body: Alliance Administration/The High Board

National Identity:
    -Flag description: 9 white columns that rise up and curve around a golden sphere on a blue background (flag0325)
    -National Symbols: Diamonds, Gears, Golden Spheres
    -National anthem: "Through Prosperity the Stars"

The Administration of the Alliance is mostly made up of bureaucrats to undertake all the needed paperwork and managing involved in running a multi-national alliance, but it is lead, at least supposedly, by the High Board. Each member of the Alliance may and must send one representative to the Highest Board, chosen however they choose to select such a representative as long as it doesn't violate the terms set out in the Foundational Bill. In turn, the Highest Board selects thirteen members to be part of the Leadership Panel, of which each term is thirteen years on and one term is up for vote each year, with more then one term allowed in total but members are not allowed a second term until thirteen years after their first. The Leadership Panel then selects an individual who is not part of the Leadership Panel and though they usually are they do not need to be part of the High Board, to be the Highest Executive for a term of seven years. As with the leadership board, while someone can have more then one term as the highest, no one can have two terms in a row.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 07:08:19 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora 4x Race - Team 3([Potential] Divine Monarchy of the Pure Lily)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 02:43:31 pm »

Divine Monarchy of the Pure Lily.
Government Type: Monarchy, Matriarchal. Religion has a strong influence in the populace.
Color: White
Capital: Lillyvale
Country of Origin: South America Aztec
Country of Control: Divine Lily Empire(Africa)

Once long ago, our ancestors crossed the great sea known as the Pacific in search of new lands. In this, they succeeded in landing in Africa and building a country. We made trade for a long time, until one day the Aztecs were decimated by famine, forcing many to flee. It is then that our first Empress, Lily, decided that the gods had made their choice clear and punished the wicked. And so did the Divine Monarchy come to be, spreading across all of Africa, backed by divine will to defeat the native population.

This is ancient history, but our kingdom became an empire, and things eventually settled. We have had a long history that has gone uninterrupted even where others fell. When travelers sought to enslave, we killed them to the last. When they sought our ruin, we burned their cities to the ground and took their lands and people for ourselves. We are Mighty, backed by the gods of ancient times, unrivaled! None can oppose us, America fears us, we took our survival into our own hands and thrived under many Empresses over the years. And this continues to this day.

This is a forum game, so let the entries commence.

Edits. They did not commence.

In ancient times, did ships from afar arrive on the shores of the Aztec. Did more religious heads prevail, the intruders killed and sacrificed to prevent the very deaths they carried on their bodies, slowly eating at them when they had arrived, making these men weak. In turn did their boats be used as the basis of our own development, our travelers sailing along the coast to spread the might of the Aztec, and society advanced. Eventually some traveled overseas, using their knowledge, and succeeded in forming a country in what came to be known as Africa to most of the world. One day, the Aztec Capital itself vanished. What was left were a number of colonies, and Sanskrit Lily took control of the African side, forming the Divine Monarchy of the Pure Lily through misinformation, subterfuge, sacrifices, and guile. This is the story that was not passed down, the beginning of the Monarchy.

Quote from: Lilybox
DMPL: (1) TricMagic
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 03:29:57 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora 4x Race - Team 3
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 04:33:03 pm »

Incorporated Alliance of Nations

In the time since Moonfall, humanity has grown from poor refugees, barely surviving by a thread, to thriving colonies, once more looking towards the stars to find their future. And as all humans do, once the bare necessities of survival have been taken care of, some turn their minds towards higher thoughts. Some wonder 'how can I make money off of this'. From these brave pioneers the first of the colonial corporations arose, joining the surviving remnants of the ones that came from the old world. (It turns out being rich is useful for being able to get a space ship and run away when things get bad, so more then one old corp survived whatever made everyone leave earth, even if not all survived the time and troubles of the base colonial period.) And these corporations, looking around, realized that other people didn't like them and wanted their money. Or worse, were space commies. As such, the Incorporated Alliance of Nations was formed for mutual protection, service, and profit. As time went on, even some more normal nations found it wise to join, given the pressures of the other factions, in order to preserve their liberty and right to independence.

Now, as a new age dawns and people once more build space ships, the Incorporated Alliance of Nations is ready to once again purchase the future.

Quote from: Corporate Voting Machine
Incorporated Alliance of Nations : (1) Happerry
DMPL: (1) TricMagic
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 09:38:25 pm »

Gonna use the last section of the template we were given to use if we wanted, because flags are fun.

The Technocratic Tribal Confederacy of Freemen

The Technocratic Tribal Confederacy of Freemen arose from a number of different groups marooned on this moon. While initial disagreements sparked an occasional conflict, the leaders of these separate groups were able to come together and agree on a peaceful coexistence among one another. The peoples of the TTC found it easy to integrate, as they all happened to share the same, some would say extreme, views on power through science. Moreso than anything, they all agreed that their survival as a species necessitated cooperation and unrestricted technological advancement. The tribes each individually elect a chief that rules directly over their people, and the chiefs elect a Master Chief from among them to represent leadership for the Confederacy as a whole for a six-year cycle. Often times the Master Chief came out of the tribe who'd made the most recent significant breakthrough to aid the Confederacy's survival. Tribes eventually began to specialize in certain fields in order to improve the advancements they made and thusly improve chances at getting their Chief elected Master Chief. [Author's note: this is just to make scientists of specific specializations i.e. construction or power, part of the same tribe for fun narrative reasons only]

Diplomatically the TTC is very open, so long as no attempts are made to restrict progress. One Master Chief early in the life of the Confederacy had attempted to collar some of the research being done in the other tribes. Let's just say there used to be a seventh tribe.

Spoiler: Flag (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 07:59:48 am »

Quote from: Coup the Coup/Counterrevolution Votebloc
IAN : (1) Happerry
DMPL: ()
TTCP: (1) TricMagic
[/quote]

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 08:48:26 am »

Quote from: vote for team 3
IAN : (2) Happerry,1freeman
TTCP: (1) TricMagic

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 11:10:18 am »

IAN : (2) Happerry,1freeman
TTCP: (2) TricMagic, MoP

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 11:41:01 am »

IAN : (3) Happerry,1freeman, Doomblade
TTCP: (2) TricMagic, MoP
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 11:54:18 pm »

It may be a little early for us to start deciding this but I like to plan ahead. I am not sure how all of you wish to allocate roles or departments in our great nation/s, or if you even want to create any such distinctions in the first place.

if we do elect to have assigned roles I would like to throw my hat in the ring for the Bureau of Ships (and component) design for our grand nation/s. It is one of my favorite parts of the game and I feel that my extensive experience in this field can be of great service.

Once we know what technologies we start with, and what our economy looks like. (size of shipyards and # of slipways , # of fighter factories ,etc) I can draft several designs for each role (survey, gunboat, etc)  which we could then vote on to decide which ones get produced.

I don't need to be the only designer of course, nor does that need to be all I do.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 12:37:26 am »

I'd say we not do that, as I think Tric has exactly zero experience in A4X (though I could be wrong), and I'm not that sure about the other two, though for some reason I feel like Happ might have played before. But again, I could be totally wrong. On the other hand, if we do decide to make separate departments for ourselves to fill out, those with experience could take on "apprentices" for decision-making, which could double as a way to teach them the game in a limited fashion too! If we did that though, I think we should go all the way and have each department act almost wholly independently. So for example, if you were designing ships and stuff, the Admiralmans could request certain roles or tasks they want a design for. You could decide to fulfill their request, or you could decide to make that bigass gas giant-eating sorium harvester (that's fuel, right? it's been forever since I played) for the guy in charge of Resource and Construction Management. It'd be a game within a game within a game!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 08:07:40 am »

I have no experience with aurora, this is true.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 08:54:05 am »

I'd say we not do that, as I think Tric has exactly zero experience in A4X ...

Alright, it was just a suggestion and I am perfectly fine with not being a dedicated shipwright but...

On the other hand, if we do decide to make separate departments for ourselves to fill out, those with experience could take on "apprentices" for decision-making, which could double as a way to teach them the game in a limited fashion too! If we did that though, I think we should go all the way and have each department act almost wholly independently. So for example, if you were designing ships and stuff, the Admiralmans could request certain roles or tasks they want a design for. You could decide to fulfill their request, or you could decide to make that bigass gas giant-eating sorium harvester (that's fuel, right? it's been forever since I played) for the guy in charge of Resource and Construction Management. It'd be a game within a game within a game!
that sounds like a fun idea as well, so I am good with whatever the group decides.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:28:06 am by 1freeman »

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2020, 02:38:16 pm »

Sorry for the double post:

Since we need to flesh out our nations concept a bit more I went ahead and made one up using the template. Go ahead and say if you guys want anything changed or even make up your own. I am good with whatever the group wants.

Quote from: nation stats
Introduction:
-Name: Incorporated Alliance of Nations (I.A.N.)
-Background: A coalition of Corporations and traditional city states created for the purpose of ensuring the mutual protection and profit for all of its members.

People and Society:
-Nationality: Corporates, variouse other nation states.
-Ethnicities: North American, Western European, Japanese, and Chinese
-Languages: Mostly English along with, Japanese, and Mandarin
-Religions: ?

Government:
-Name: Incorporated Alliance of Nations
-Government type: A coalition of corporations and more traditional nations.
-Citizenship: Granted to all legal residents of the IAN at the age of 21.
-Head of state: CEO
-Governing Body: Board of Directors

National Identity:
-Flag description: 9 white columns that rise up and curve around a golden sphere on a blue background (flag0325)
-National Symbols: Diamonds, Gears, Golden Spheres
-National anthem: "Money Talks"
:edited to change flag
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 11:54:53 am by 1freeman »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »

So is their any reason that in the nation write up no one gets to be a citizen until they're 21? That doesn't make much sense to me. I'd think there'd be no overall rule on how citizen ship is handled and it's more according to the rules of whatever member state you are part of?

Also calling the Head of state the CEO is kinda eh. The head of state rules over CEOs, but they're not necessarily a CEO themselves. They need a cooler title then that. Also because they might literally not be a CEO if they're from one of the smaller nations that aren't mega-corps that joined up.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 01:33:49 pm »

I had another idea for how citizenship would work, but it was much to long to fit in the template, but here is my original idea for how it would work for most corporations.

As for the Title for the head of Government, I figured that CEO (Chief Executive Officer) seemed to be a good, if boring, descriptor for the position. In the original writeup it seemed pretty clear that the "normal" nations joined up after the initial Alliance was formed, and it seems to me that that kind of language would have been appropriate for a alliance of corporations.

I am of course open to any other terms or concepts for the structuring of this great alliance.
Pages: [1] 2