Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Explosions,axles, moving/rotating tiles, size and pipes.  (Read 1050 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Explosions,axles, moving/rotating tiles, size and pipes.
« on: February 11, 2009, 03:51:12 pm »

My basic ideas are:

Explosions would act like an invisible weightless liquid 'evapourates' quickly meaning that an explosion in a tunnel would make alot of pressure whilst one in the open wouldn't.

Axles: verticle axles which go up/down and have a direction as well as power which can be changed at a gear assembly using a lever input.

Moving/rotating tiles would be just that: tiles that move and anything attached to them move, there would be 2 different ways of moving tiles: winches wich just require a wheel and rope but can only pull and swing slighty when a force is put on the tiles, good for lifts or crossing canyons, or rack and pinion type things which move in 2 directions along a certain axis but require more materials to construct. Tiles can be rotated on any axis by being attached to axles, powered or otherwise and rotate 90(/45?) degrees.
When placing walls/floors there is an option to choose wether to attach it to only certain other wall/floors.
For vehicles you make an axle and wheel with an axle bracket( basically like a wall but doesnt touch ground only around axle) then above that you build floor attached to bracket then on adjecent floor which is also over axle you build a gear assembly / power source to get it moving, you would also build ramp/stairs attached to vehicle not ground.Diagram :
1st floor:
ggggg
0aba0
gg<gg

2nd floor:
FFFFF
FPFFF
FF>FF

key:
g = ground
0 = wheel
a = axle
b = axle bracket attached to floor above
< = up stair NOT attached to ground
F = floor
P = power source
> = down stair

Size: all objects would have a size.

Pipes: different size pipes for diferent sized objects and amounts of liquid,  different pipe pieces : straight,like an axle, corner,changes direction of liquid / object, end piece, stops any object, hatch, opens and closes using lever alowing objects to fall/be inserted into it.Pipes can be rotated using an axle. Uses:cannons when combined with explosions, sewage/ plumbing works, or a delivery/transportation system.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Explosions,axles, moving/rotating tiles, size and pipes.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:58:28 pm »

Welcome, Alfie. I have some bad news; all of the things you have suggested have been suggested many, many, many times. Most likely, all of the old hands here already hate your tiny guts.

The good news is that all of the old hands, myself included, have suggested these ourselves, so we can't really hold it against you.

From now on, though, use search before you post in suggestions. Other things that have been suggested:

Mine Carts, multihauling, improved farming, steam engines/clockwork (by the way, that's not happening anytime soon.), boats, creatures that drop creatures on death, more underground things, anything involving a new noble, graphic tiles (been a while since that, though), sheep-pigs-chickens, fixing carp and elephants, making carp and elephants worse, multihauling, elevators, mine carts, steam punk ( stop suggesting it already), and much, much more.

Basically, check out This List, This List, This List, This List, and most importantly, thuroughly read This List.

I hope you haven't been scared away, because this forum needs new, clever members to help drive development.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.