Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 259033 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2013, 06:30:56 pm »

Everything.

Most of it is going to be filed under "general experience" which is applicable to whatever level you choose to gain; there is specific experience that applies only to existing levels/feats/etc that are applicable to what I choose to level you up in.

OOC ways to gain XP include, but are not limited to:
- Noticing when I screw up, unless you nitpick, in which case you're taping a "Smite me" sign on your character
- Helping new players or working with others to create a better story
- Really good roleplaying
- Resolving a dispute when I am not around to say "LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS."
- General good conduct

OOC experience is filed under "General experience."

IC ways to gain XP include, but are not limited to:
- Avoiding or chasing off an encounter
- Completing a quest
- Heroic sacrifice (applies only to your next character)
- Heroic attempts
- Evading pursuit
- Winning at combat, either fatally or through TKO
- Theft
- Defeating a trap
- Casting a spell
- Capturing/imprisoning creatures
- Rescuing someone from captivity
- Succeeding at True Resurrection
- Practicing your craft
- Successful communication that does not rely on native language, Tradespeak, or special abilities
- A rousing speech
- Acts of general badassery
- Devotion to your Gods

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2013, 06:56:18 pm »

Wow. You really know ye stuff, don't you?

EDIT: To all the party who were looking for drunken shenanigans with me and the nobles, I'm sorry to have let you down. I'll have to get us arrested somewhere else.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:05:12 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2013, 08:03:59 pm »

You can look at it that way, yes. xD

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »

To draw attention to my edit:
To all the party who were looking for drunken shenanigans with me and the nobles, I'm sorry to have let you down. I'll have to get us arrested somewhere else.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2013, 10:19:22 pm »

Yeah, funny you should mention that...

*enigmatic smirk*

By the way, here's a list of random minor magical items you may or may not encounter on your travels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In case you were wondering, yes, WIZARD-HERO and Adventuring Party both take place in the same universe.

Also, in case you were wondering further, I already know what Act 2 consists of. It is titled Lord of Nightmares, and takes place on a different continent, all in one single city.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2013, 11:06:49 pm »

Oooh, shiny magical stuff.

Also rather hope that we never run into WIZARD-HERO. Can't help but think that would probably go very bad for us. Doubt the chance is even there though, but a scary thought, running into an actual, full blown wizard instead of a minor one.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2013, 11:10:29 pm »

I shudder at the thought.

Of course, becoming a wizard is one of Myrln's (VERY) long term goals.
Probably with the assistance of Arnum.
And all the other gods he worships. Then his trolling will reach critical mass and overload reality.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »

Luckily, it looks like Morgred's 'morals' concur with Mingans, mostly.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 07, 2013, 01:46:19 am »

Heh, Aphilam is ideal for Tarana's internal struggle  between greed and compassion.

And I like the lawful part here, fits the character perfectly

Love is a sin concept interacts with Tarana's secret dream to find a true love perfectly.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #294 on: June 07, 2013, 02:11:48 am »

@Ross: Many thanks for answering all our questions. Another! : Can I get the same kind of bios for Zakai & Arnum?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 07, 2013, 02:14:00 am »

@Ross: Many thanks for answering all our questions. Another! : Can I get the same kind of bios for Zakai & Arnum?
I'd second this but I don't want to overstress you or anything.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 07, 2013, 01:38:54 pm »

Arnum is allied with Malu for his practical applications of Arnum's domains, and respects Yupoli's followers. Arnum's followers can usually be seen helping Camille's followers when the opportunity arises, although his primary ally is Radan, as he believes the family is the first place of learning for all beings. He is largely neutral towards the majority of the gods, encouraging his followers to learn that which can be taught by all save for Ingram and Aphilam - a forthright god, Arnum hates Ingram for his trickery (and his follower's penchant for stealing items before they can be properly studied and learned from.) He views Tokee as overly frivolus and not a worthy student, although his followers will grudgingly accept Tokee's followers as students. He's not overly fond of Mingan, but he doesn't particularly dislike the Chaos god, as it is Mingan who is responsible for the creation of "chaos magic" and "blood magic", and both have a certain fascination with the mechanics of the universe. They have somewhat of a friendly rivalry, although neither phrase is entirely accurate.

Arnum is True Neutral, leaning towards Neutral Good. He's a thinker and a doer. Arnum expects his followers to be a combination between scientists and philosophers, preferring to use words and logic to resolve disputes. He takes delight in understanding and exploring the laws of reality.

Arnum's virtues include: Intelligence, wisdom, integrity, honesty, creativity, curiosity, and the pursuit of knowledge.

Arnum's sins include: Stupidity (in the sense of 'deliberate ignorance and a lack of willingness to rectifiy it', not 'being slow to process thoughts'), dishonesty, theft, sloth, violence, greed, and fear of the unknown.

I'll cover Zakai later. Woke up early, I need a nap...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:41:26 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 07, 2013, 09:25:27 pm »

I would like to point out that I have a lot more material on the Major Gods and less so for the Minor Gods.

Often called Zakai the Merciful or the Stormrider, Zakai's followers are typically disillusioned former followers of Shin. His greatest ally is Vijer, although he is quite friendly towards Eyilana. He is against Darshendros primarily, although he will often aid Vijer against Daimonas and Uaylia. He maintains a friendly rivalry with Timeus - combined, Timeus, Zakai, and Vijer are responsible for storms, and a great deal of the weather.

Zakai is Lawful Good, leaning towards Neutral Good. If there is a conflict between Lawful and Good, Zakai encourages the choice of Good. He is a martial god, fond of sound and fury.

Zakai's virtues include: Strength (both moral and physical), discipline, bravery, mercy, loyalty, envy (when used as a motivation to drive one to success), and victory.

Zakai's sins include: Cowardice, slaughter of the innocent, rape, surrender, disloyalty, necromancy, and sloth.

His main symbol is a gold, stylized bolt of lightning.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 07, 2013, 09:32:07 pm »

Still, I've rarely seen a game world fleshed out to this extent. You're better at this than most gaming companies.
Could I et one on Pantixe? Pankitxke? However you spell his name.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 07, 2013, 10:17:06 pm »

*grins* Thank you!

All of the gods either like or are neutral towards Pantxike, even the dour Coranthiir and the utterly humorless Daimonas. He is friendly towards everyone, and is widely regarded as the jester of the gods. Despite this, however, Pantxike is not harmless - some of his pranks have started wars, and the fact that he's managed to completely avoid any sort of punishment or retaliation from it suggests that he has hidden depths. His followers are inclined to believe that Pantxike is the most cunning of the gods, and that the lack of retaliation comes from the fact that he has outsmarted all of the gods. While he does get along better with Chaotic and Good gods, there are several Evil gods who particularly enjoy his company. Unlike the rest of the Gods, Pantxike does not play the elaborate games of oneupsmanship and meddling. It's not out of a sense of superiority - the god simply does not care.

Pantxike is Chaotic Neutral, leaning towards Good.

Pantxike's virtues include: Joy/mirth (both as a trait and to cause it in others), quick thinking, cunning, trickery, kindness, dedication, and jokes.

Pantxike doesn't particularly claim anything to be sinful; his sole request is that his followers attempt to do what they think is best and make amends to those who are seriously wronged or harmed by a joke.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 332