Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 259023 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Questioning The DM
« Reply #540 on: June 10, 2013, 07:16:07 pm »

Point being, I'm assuming Ross is giving us his stats from when he fought that god. He's had a few hundred years to level up by now; he's probably on the level of an optimized 20th level D&D Wizard.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 10, 2013, 07:17:58 pm »

Even they are vulnerable to Coup De Graces. If we can just immobilize him temporarily, we can stab him through the eye or slit his throat.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 10, 2013, 07:21:58 pm »

why on earth are we discussing such trivialities when we panic facing 30 bandits? :)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 10, 2013, 07:23:58 pm »

Even they are vulnerable to Coup De Graces. If we can just immobilize him temporarily, we can stab him through the eye or slit his throat.
See, the problem is immobilizing them when these guys attack by sniping you with a magical RAILGUN fired from another dimension accessible only to them and if you ever do defeat them it turns out that that was only an astral projection of them, so you never fight the real wizard.
Sig! Onol

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 10, 2013, 07:26:23 pm »

See, the problem is immobilizing them when these guys attack by sniping you with a magical RAILGUN fired from another dimension accessible only to them and if you ever do defeat them it turns out that that was only an astral projection of them, so you never fight the real wizard.
We could make magic cloaks of invisibility.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:15 pm »

I'm honestly not sure why we're trying to figure out how to kill the guy when I highly doubt we'd even see him. Maybe hear about him, yeah, but honestly if he's the Prince of Spring he's not just gonna be walking around, he's got responsibilities and shit-to-do. Personally, I say just be thankful he isn't the Prince of Winter, really don't want to know who that guy is. Or girl. Or thing, its most likely a thing.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 10, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

Because he's the author insert and also because we have a duty as players to find the guy you're not supposed to be able to kill and kill him.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 10, 2013, 07:33:08 pm »

Wait, but... *Flips through a few pages in the Great Adventurer's HandbookTM*

...Right, sorry about that, forgot that rule. Carry on. I think the biggest problem would be him being a Retconjurer, does that mean he can Retcon things outta existence? Or into? Or something like that?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 10, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »

Ross is the straight-up ruler of the Spring Court, and is one of the two Monarchs of the Unseelie Court. The Erlking of Spring to the Maeve of Winter, if you will.  The Maeve is his/her (female) cousin, and (s)he's partially responsible for the chain of events that lead to the death of the previous Maeve that set the current Maeve on the Winter Throne. His/Her second-oldest daughter is the heir to the Winter Throne, actually.

Also, like I said, Ross is not Sexy Fantasy Wish Fulfillment Me.

There is a specific character in that universe who is my analogue, and he is referred to as "The Author", who looks pretty much like me, except less bald. :D

I like how you guys think, but keep in mind (s)he is the highest level of Wizard, Priest, and Retconjurer that can possibly be achieved. (S)He can magically bitch-slap you into next week, minus half of your levels.

Retconjuration is "the power to change history for the sake of the plot."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:26 pm »

If we engaged Ross at the dawn of time, would he be powerless in his specialized area?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »

I have to ask, are Fae as terrifying in this 'Verse as they are in Ye Olde tales? I also do have to ask though, is he a Seelie, or a Unseelie, or is that just a title instead of distinction? This makes all the difference in approaching him. One being approachable, another being approachable but with extreme caution, the last being oh god flee.

{Note, if Jewel dies next character is Unseelie Winter Fae. Expect full terrifying.}

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 10, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »

I feel like it's important to mention that one time Ross openly insulted Daimonas, and got violently exploded. That was pretty intense.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 10, 2013, 07:48:34 pm »

I have to ask, are Fae as terrifying in this 'Verse as they are in Ye Olde tales? I also do have to ask though, is he a Seelie, or a Unseelie, or is that just a title instead of distinction? This makes all the difference in approaching him. One being approachable, another being approachable but with extreme caution, the last being oh god flee.

{Note, if Jewel dies next character is Unseelie Winter Fae. Expect full terrifying.}
Unseelie is Winter, which is terrifying, and Seelie is Summer. Less outright kill you, more trick you into killing your entire family.

Also, about killing the wizard: I'm not familiar with how the system works, but if he can create dimensions for himself he can manipulate time in it so that every million years that passes on the outside is only a second outside, aging any non immortals to death and giving him functionally infinite time to plan everything.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:52:08 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 10, 2013, 07:50:52 pm »

Nah, I know that Xantalos, reason I'm asking is because he's a monarch in the "Unseelie Court." Which worries me. But he's the Prince of Spring, so I'm wondering if such is just a title instead of an actual distinction with him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 10, 2013, 07:53:46 pm »

Hmm, that may be a difference. The Erlking is the holder of the Wild Hunt, though, IIRC, so I may have to encounter him at one point.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 332