Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1442807 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some mods should be ready at release but others will likely take a couple weeks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Some mods should be ready at release but others will likely take a couple weeks.
Isn't that what I said?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm gonna get them, in 12hrs if noone rescue them earlier
Posted in the wrong thread my friend :p
I'm still modding my career game until it's sufficiently challenging enough, It should take about a month to perform research/ rocket constructon, and 2-3 to upgrade any facilities after spending the initial Kerbal construction time points streatching out to about 2 years for the final research center upgrade.
Currently modding certain parts to be available at start, but I'm having trouble getting a firespitter engine to actually show up, I think advanced jet engines is disabling the default firespitter parts :/
I want a WW1 surplus biplane damnit!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'm still modding my career game until it's sufficiently challenging enough, It should take about a month to perform research/ rocket constructon, and 2-3 to upgrade any facilities after spending the initial Kerbal construction time points streatching out to about 2 years for the final research center upgrade.
Currently modding certain parts to be available at start, but I'm having trouble getting a firespitter engine to actually show up, I think advanced jet engines is disabling the default firespitter parts :/
I want a WW1 surplus biplane damnit!
Will you share your KCT configs with these more realistic times?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

not at all :)

oh, I got a server running, dmp vanilla, at

So anyone want a minor challenge?  I was trying to improve a station I set up ([Zanzetkuken] Satellite) and things messed up...

First thing, I wound up putting the satellite in a really bad orbit for what I wanted it to eventually serve as (a refueling station).  I found this out when I tried to launch a habitation expansion to it (left it named 'Unnamed Spaceship' as it wasn't supposed to last long...).  As of current, the one way of generating thrust for the satellite is out (was an attached escape pod), and the expansion is drifting separate from its escape pod.  This situation has 4 kerbals trapped.  If someone could get the satellite into a better orbit, the habitation module near it with a way to generate some thrust, and rescue the kerbal in the basically drifting escape pod, I would be very thankful.

gonna try to get them... nao!

.... some time later

attempt #1: failed linkage between booster and fuel tank, engine blown
attempt #2: booster separatron blast away ascent engine
attempt #3: moved separatron around, tank pushed against main engine
attempt #4: noticed I started so far with the wrong clampotron
attempt #5: more separatron, separatron blasted away top tank, engine went trough the rest of the ship

... more time later

attempt #9: reached space. turned main engine off and tried circularizing with nuclears, but those exploded the wider ascent section, didn't add enough dv to complete all maneuvers

... even more time later

attempt #15: that thing I need to dock with... orbits the other way around
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:01:56 pm by LoSboccacc »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many Kerbals did you lose?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many Kerbals did you lose?

reentered all of them. parts and money? countless.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Ha, oops :p
The biplane works! It exploded because I set the engine max temp to 1000 without lowering the heat output :s.
Next I'm going to lower to start whatever parts I need to make a model T ford, my entry level space center is going to be rather interesting :p.
The main changes I made was setting KCT_timesettings.cfg to:
Code: [Select]
OverallMultiplier = 5
BuildEffect = 1
InventoryEffect = 100
ReconditioningEffect = 864
MaxReconditioning = 4320000
RolloutReconSplit = 0.09
NodeModifier = 1
Then KCT_formulas.cfg to:
Code: [Select]
KCT_FormulaSettings
{
NodeFormula = 2+[R]*(([N]*0.2)+1) / 864000
UpgradeFundsFormula = min(2^([N]+4) * 1000, 1024000)
UpgradeScienceFormula = min(2^([N]+2) * 1.0, 512)
ResearchFormula = 2+[R]*([N]*0.5)/864000
EffectivePartFormula = min([C]/([I] + ([B]*([U]+1))), [C])
ProceduralPartFormula = (([C]-[A]) + ([A]*10/max([I],1))) / max([B]*([U]+1),1)
BPFormula = ([E]^(1/2))*2000*[O]
KSCUpgradeFormula = ([C]^(1/2))*1000*[O]
ReconditioningFormula = min([M]*[E], [X])
BuildRateFormula = (([I]+1)*0.02*([L]+[R]+1)*[N] + max(0.1-[I], 0))*sign(2*[L]-[I]+1)
}
The basic effect is multiplying building points by 5 and then drastically reducing the building, research and upgrade speeds. then severe nerfing to the effect of individual upgrades. But I also factored in speed increases for upgraded facilities.
Research no longer doubles for every extra level but is a basic 20% increase over what you start with, then multiplied 2, 3, or 4 depending on the research center level. It should scale fairly well, the first few researches will take a month but by the time you hit the 10 times more costly researches you should have significantly more points in and have upgraded your center.
For vehicle construction it's been severely reduced but once again it now factors in both upgrade of the VAB and the research facility, with both upgraded you'll have 5 times more construction speed.
The reconditioning/rollout formula has been changed so that theres a maximum 4 days to roll out a 1000 ton vessel, a standard 100 ton lift vehicle should take around 5 hours. I envision rollout to also count fuelling and last minute testing. Recovering an entire unlaunched rocket and rebuilding it from the parts requires about 10% of the time, I figure you should have to retest the damn thing before relaunch, it seem realistically though reprepping doesn't seem to cost any funds, maybe lowering the inventory effect a little should factor in the cost of refurbishment?
And finally the amount of research you get for building rockets is severely reduced.
If at the start you put 10 points into the VAB and, 3 into research(nodes) 2 into development(science for construction) making a 6000 dollar 15 ton rocket at the start takes 30 days and yields a mere 1.8 science, researching basic rocketry would take 15 days and General rocketry 60 days. Upgrading the launch pad will take a month and the VAB would take 2 months.
Making a 2000 ton rocket would take a hellishly long time but by the time you have everything upgraded it should be pretty sweet.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

attempt #37: rescued the stranded kerbal. went as far as to be verrry close to the station with a tug and enough dv to move the station anywhere I please.

however.

science lab doesn't count as command module, and I put the small docking port behind the command pod.

feck.

situation as of now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

fuel is there. someone needs to get up there with a small satellite, dock to the station on the other side, and drive the station to the tug. or use a claw to grab the tug and force it up to the station

I'll leave there the command pod. it has fuel to reentry on its own, but I'll leave them there as backup

104.167.112.42 if anyone wants to continue rescue operations, I'm out for now :P

to match the orbit follow the 200° mark, more or less: it is eastward

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Stop tempting me to play!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

successful intercept in just three maneuver?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

If forsaken managed to connect the module properly, we should have a refueling station in an orbit that only slightly deviates from the equator.  If someone can evac the kerbals from the prior two stations, then we can terminate the old station modules.  Unless someone wants to assemble them into a second/third station(s), in which case, moving them to have an orbit that can be fairly easily accessed is a thing you will want to do.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

If forsaken managed to connect the module properly, we should have a refueling station in an orbit that only slightly deviates from the equator.  If someone can evac the kerbals from the prior two stations, then we can terminate the old station modules.  Unless someone wants to assemble them into a second/third station(s), in which case, moving them to have an orbit that can be fairly easily accessed is a thing you will want to do.
Working on it. I ran into a technical snag... aka I lost power because I had no solar panels. I'm trying again. :)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Working on it. I ran into a technical snag... aka I lost power because I had no solar panels. I'm trying again. :)

Ouch.  And you were really close to establishing a connection as well.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Ouch.  And you were really close to establishing a connection as well.
The second mission included solar panels. I will be successful!

And I'll probably go clean up failure station afterwards.
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 848