Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Job Item Misplaced"  (Read 3819 times)

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Job Item Misplaced"
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:02:13 pm »

What exactly does 'Cog Agzulban, Bone Carver cancels Store Item in Bin: Job item misplaced.' mean? I see it all the time and have no real idea what it means.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: "Job Item Misplaced"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:07:02 pm »

It means that something happened to the item he was looking to grab.  Likely yer bonecarver is losing his bones.  Bones and remains on the surface decompose after a time, which if yer bonecarver was in the middle of fetching one when it happened he 'misplaced' the item.

Also happens alot when you forbid stuff dwarves were about to use, or if yer digging a pit that caused rocks some masons were planning on using to drop a z level.

Basically if the item somebody was after ceases to exist or isn't where they expected it to be, that message comes up.

P.S. Missed a detail.  Storing an item in a bin, the item was probably forbidden or got moved(possibly by water).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:09:06 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 03:27:35 pm »

See that all the time, I just assumed that the bin got moved, or filled before they realizes it. Or in some cases, the item themselve being misplaced or re-tasked.

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 05:03:52 pm »

I got about a dozen in a row from different people once. I know there is no running water and very few decaying bones, it just struck me as odd.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 09:40:06 pm »

I some how managed to get a barrel of water... I have absolutely NO idea how it happened. I was shocked and slightly depressed because it was in a masterwork barrel...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Wahad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 03:35:01 am »

I got about a dozen in a row from different people once. I know there is no running water and very few decaying bones, it just struck me as odd.

It happens when your moving bins to the the depot, too. Your dwarves wanted it to put it in, say, Bin #1, but it got moved to the depot so they can't put it in there. Noes! They'll just drop it in the stockpile and it'll get bin'd later though.