Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 50989 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2014, 09:11:45 pm »

well maybe his buddy dont really know who he is?
or maybe the scums are cutting loses
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »

All mafia members know who else is on their team, and share a quicktopic to chat in.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2014, 09:19:48 pm »

I really doubt that 4mask is actually scum. I also apologize for my junk play as of late.

Tolyk:
Alright, I'd like to be protected this night for sure.
Wouldn't we all, friend. So you've half-claimed a bunch of info, say you'll explain it tomorrow, and want to be protected tonight. Why did you let go much of so much info if you didn't intend to claim in full today?

Hapah:
Hapah:
Varee: You missed my request.
Why couldn't this have been a vote?
S'not worth killing her over.
So who is worth hanging?
Not Varee, not 4mask. Deathsword has a block which I normally associate with scum, and his posts seem a little off, so I'll go on the record for a Deathsword lynch. Ideally I could cram about 4 more hours into the day so I could actually play the damn game, but there you are. At least now that I'm only in one game I can make a little time; better to play one properly than half-ass two.

If not Deathsword I'd go with you (Toaster) for sitting on that 4mask vote without trying to shake anything else loose from him (her? I don't know half these people), or MOWE for mostly metagame reasons.

Persus:
Extend. Right now I'm suspicious of 4maskwolf, but the lack of defenders on him by anyone except the very person who claimed and voiced his concerns about 4mask in the first place is concerning.
Could you expand on this?
No one is pushing a case on someone that isn't 4mask besides 4mask and NQT. If 4mask were scum, I feel that at least one of his buddies would be defending him. However, 4maskwolf still seems pretty scummy to me.
I pitched a couple reasons why I think it's not 4mask, but if memory serves I only addressed them to Toaster. I don't think scum would make the wacky end-of-D1 claim and be able to invent a quick (~15 minutes) martyr fakeclaim in response to being counterclaimed by NQT.

Plus, how many scum would make their fakeclaim this guy? (And my god if he has a wiki page and that's 4mask's role I don't know what I'll do)

PPE
or maybe the scums are cutting loses
I'm sure the scum know who are on their team. It's possible that they're cutting losses, but I'd wager 4mask simply isn't scum.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

Well, it looks like I'm going to be lynched.  Ah well.  I tried to accomplish my wincon, and that's what counts.

Also, Jack: I don't harbor any hard feelings over the whole not telling me where to find the town wincon thing.  Any mod could have made that mistake.  I would have had to claim sooner or later anyway, what with the abilities you gave me.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2014, 09:34:36 pm »

Well someone DID protect 4mask right? i thought deathsword/PTD say something about targeting 4mask and getting redirected or am i mistaken?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:41 pm »

Well someone DID protect 4mask right? i thought deathsword/PTD say something about targeting 4mask and getting redirected or am i mistaken?
PTD was likely redirected by another player.  Protections only protect against kills.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2014, 09:36:13 pm »

And by redirected I mean it is likely that someone targeted him with a randomize or redirect.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 10, 2014, 09:55:06 pm »

Persus:
Extend. Right now I'm suspicious of 4maskwolf, but the lack of defenders on him by anyone except the very person who claimed and voiced his concerns about 4mask in the first place is concerning.

No one is pushing a case on someone that isn't 4mask besides 4mask and NQT. If 4mask were scum, I feel that at least one of his buddies would be defending him. However, 4maskwolf still seems pretty scummy to me.
This is a bad argument. Its WIFOMy and you're being wishy washy. Furthermore, hapah has defended 4mask twice now, so you're wrong on that account. Perhaps the reason hardly anyone is defending 4mask (exceptions being you & hapah), is that there aren't very strong arguments that can be made for him. His claims stretch plausibility.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2014, 09:56:48 pm »

Persus:

This is a bad argument. Its WIFOMy and you're being wishy washy. Furthermore, hapah has defended 4mask twice now, so you're wrong on that account. Perhaps the reason hardly anyone is defending 4mask (exceptions being you & hapah), is that there aren't very strong arguments that can be made for him. His claims stretch plausibility.
Stretch plausibility how?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2014, 09:58:33 pm »

Sorry I haven't been here lately. I've been busy IRL and have been prioritizing the BM over this.

4mask: Just out of curiosity, did you take any action last night?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »

Sorry I haven't been here lately. I've been busy IRL and have been prioritizing the BM over this.

4mask: Just out of curiosity, did you take any action last night?
Yes.  I claimed it earlier.  I protected EPenguin, because I thought the scum might try to kill a fairly active and competent player.  Which they did the second of, just not the one I was expecting.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [9/12]: Night 2 - I Liked That Role Too
« Reply #371 on: July 11, 2014, 03:07:26 am »

Democracy worked once again.  With voter turnout well above that of a minor North American state, some of the volunteers had decided on their second person to horribly murder.  That person was 4maskwolf, notable for his apparent wish to be horribly murdered (albeit non-democratically).

As the latest mob walked closer to 4maskwolf, a horde of frogs began streaming through the windows, all seemingly trying to protect the target of the day.  They were successful for some time.  Then Toaster ripped flabort's corpse out of the door and began swinging it through the wall of frogs.  He cleared the frogs away quite effectively, and then beat 4maskwolf to death with flabort.  The rest of the mob applauded.

A search of 4maskwolf's room revealed log-in information for several Wikipedia accounts, each banned for blanking pages.  He had quite the collection of sockpuppets, many of which had been unidentified until the search.

Day 2 has ended!
Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Deathsword - notquitethere, 4maskwolf, Hapah (3)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - EPenguin, Toaster, Varee, Persus13, Deathsword (5)
Not Voting: TolyK, MyOwnWorstEnemy

4maskwolf has been lynched!  4maskwolf was the Plagues of Egypt (Mafia).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Night) The First Plague [Target]: You turn all the water in one player's sweat into blood. That player will show up as mafia if inspected that night.
*(Night, 1-shot) The Ninth Plague: You bring darkness upon the building, randomizing all players.

Night 2 ends 9:00 PM PST Friday, July 11th.  Remember to send in your night actions (or lack thereof) by that time.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:13:15 am by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [7/12]: Day 3 - A Normal Day on the Job
« Reply #372 on: July 11, 2014, 11:09:29 pm »

Only seven volunteers returned to the main room after their second night.  A search for the remaining two revealed many tiny pieces of Persus13 and Hapah in their respective rooms.  Based on their fragmented states, they were assumed to be dead.  No evidence of either being vandals could be found.

Day 3 has begun!
Votecount:
*TolyK - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Deathsword - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
Not Voting: TolyK, notquitethere, Varee, Toaster, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Deathsword, EPenguin

Persus13 has been killed!  Persus13 was The Second Defenestration of Prague (Town).
*(Night) Defenestrate [Target]: You may throw another player through a window, blocking them from acting and being acted upon that night.
*(Auto) Angry Mob Powers!: You cannot be blocked.
Hapah has been killed!  Hapah was Juan Pujol Garcia (Town).
*(Auto) Poultry Farmer: Your chickens will alert you if you are the target of any night actions. You will not know who carried out the action(s), but will know how many players targeted you.
*(Night) Spy [Target]: You access both German and British intelligence on your target, learning their alignment.

Day 3 ends 9:00 PM PST Tuesday, July 15th, or upon hammer (4 votes).  4 votes are required to extend.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 11, 2014, 11:15:11 pm »

Welp three more gone. One mafia and two town if we dont do something it will end tomorow ....

Any new info tonight?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 11, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »

I'm surprised Hapah is town.  I was sure enough he was scum that I targeted him with my one-shot kill... which someone redirected to Persus.

That said, there aren't a lot more scum possibilities left, especially if we buy NQT's claim.  Speaking of claims, TolyK, didn't you have something for us today?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30