Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eye strain and DF  (Read 3872 times)

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eye strain and DF
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 10:19:54 pm »

Use the mousewheel to zoom the graphics/ascii ?
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 10:51:32 pm »

Probably toning down FPS and reducing screen resolution might help.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 10:56:47 pm »

Ah, I appear to have found another piece of my problem:

I've been sleeping in the mornings, i.e. 4:30-11 (the sun comes up at 5 and it gets light at 4;30 here now)
I don't sleep with my eyes closed.
I work on the computer at night almost exclusively.
My computer has a backlight.

Hey look, my eyes have a light shining in the 24/7. Sad times. Now time to get back to normal sleep. Gnight!
Ah, I've had a similar problem. First of all, turn your back-light all the way down. Now, when you sleep, ideally you should close your eyes. But if that just doesn't work for you, you can still close your blinds, and get some thick black curtains. Minimize the light that's around while you're sleeping in that manner.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 11:00:50 pm »

Ah, I appear to have found another piece of my problem:

I've been sleeping in the mornings, i.e. 4:30-11 (the sun comes up at 5 and it gets light at 4;30 here now)
I don't sleep with my eyes closed.
I work on the computer at night almost exclusively.
My computer has a backlight.

Hey look, my eyes have a light shining in the 24/7. Sad times. Now time to get back to normal sleep. Gnight!
Ah, I've had a similar problem. First of all, turn your back-light all the way down. Now, when you sleep, ideally you should close your eyes. But if that just doesn't work for you, you can still close your blinds, and get some thick black curtains. Minimize the light that's around while you're sleeping in that manner.

I put my thinner more worn down pillow over my forehead and eyes, its pretty comfortable and stops most possible light which could be left over from things like, all those stupid blue LED's electronic companies like to use, I miss the red ones.. even the green were less annoying than the blue.
white ones are kinda annoying too but atleast its a natural light that doesnt pierce your eyes.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: 1 [2]