- 2 (18.2%)
SOCK
- 5 (45.5%)
DOC
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 14, 2011, 11:14:11 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Proxy War Turn 3: We have Jam but where's the toast?  (Read 12419 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Roll to Proxy War Turn 3: We have Jam but where's the toast?
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »

Well as the title suggests this is my reboot of Roll to Snaaaaaaaaake. But I'll be doing it a bit differently this time. And maybe I'll update it regularly. Who knows?

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills
Feel free to Suggest new ones. Field Operatives take two Field and one Support Skill, Support does the opposite

Once you have posted your info suggest a name for your PMC and a part of a World you want to base yourselves out of (For now atleast)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:45:44 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Proxy War (Aka ROLL TO SNAAAAAAAAKE. 1 Retry.)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:26:19 pm »

Should Charsima use the Higher value since it's listed twice? Same with Intelligence? Or a mean of the two?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:58:09 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:29:12 pm »

Current Operatives
Spoiler:  Kangaroo/Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Flatfoot/Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Deadeye Dick/Kay12 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Badger/Lawastooshort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ?????/Darvi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trickster/NRDL (click to show/hide)
Waiting List
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:21:40 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 07:39:50 pm »

*tag team attack*

And Dwarmin gives Riccto the CHAIR!

Glad to help lol

Final sheet
True Name: Arnold Sherman
Code Name: Flatfoot
Operative or Support?: Operative

Spoiler: Field Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Support Skills (click to show/hide)

Bio: Arnold Sherman, codename "Flatfoot" is a relatively new and unexperienced mercenary. He's got a few years of combat under his belt, mostlt in the war torn Africa region. He eventually decided to join his own PMC. It remains to be seen if Arnolds first real mission will be his last.

Physically, for a medium height caucasian male, he's remarkable only for the fact that he likes to work in panama hats, hawaiian shirts and flip flops. Antarctica would be ironic for him...in the field, he's pretty sharply dressed though. Has a weird addiction to Mr. Pibb. Deadly in hand to hand, close up fighting.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:55:19 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 07:50:07 pm »

Jeeeeeeez Dwarmin. Field Stat yourself, Select a Field Skill Select Change your Connection to an organization. You guys are a independent PMC this time around.
Raggle Fraggle

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:18:54 pm »

Hmmm. Adurpahurp... Damn names...

I guess I'll be support though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:22:09 pm »

Oh, Company name: Wombat Defence Personnel
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »

Time to drag this dude out again. :3 I will also suggest his PMC, Strategic Operations Consulting, as our name.

True Name: Brian Wall
Code Name: Sledgehammer
Operative or Support?: Operative
Skills: Long Gun Mastery, Heavy Weapons Mastery, Engineer

FIELD STATS
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 1

SUPPORT STATS
Information Gathering: 5
Experience: 5
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 1

Appearance: About 6'7, 300 pounds. Wears extremely heavy flameproof armor, armored helmet with attached gasmask, and a tactical vest to hold his fuel tanks and miscellaneous gear. His armor is gray with a green stripe down the outside of both arms and legs, and a similar stripe running vertically across the front of the helmet. When seen without the helmet, he has burn scars on his left cheek, homely features, closely-cropped black hair, and brown eyes. On the forehead of his helmet, and left shoulder plate of his armor, is a stencil in gold with the initials of the PMC he is part of.
Biography: A mercenary, 35 years old with 12 years of experience in the American military (Army, specifically) and 5 years as a private contractor. He works for a small PMC and prefers missions that require little subtlety. Despite his size and heavy gear, he can move quite swiftly (possibly due to his former status as a football player in high school)... it's pretty scary to have a huge guy with a flamethrower charging your position. Although a quiet man, he works well with others and looks out for his teammates. He has a wife and two daughters at home and keeps a family picture with him at all times; it helps keep him grounded even in tense situations. He prefers to use shock-and-awe style weapons, suppressing through intimidation.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:22:19 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:39 am »

I haven't RTD'd or played any forum RPG in ages, is this a particularly difficult one or should I just give it a shot?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 07:36:31 am »

Just go ahead Kay12. You learn as you go.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 08:02:47 am »

I'd be interested in being in if 1/ there is space and 2/ being on GMT isn't going to slow it down (I notice the first 6 posts were 1-3am my time).

edit: character sheet
ok will try and get one done (am at work...) - thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:47:36 am by lawastooshort »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 08:23:07 am »

If you feel like playing post a sheet :D. I'm feeling confident so I think I might open up two more slots
Raggle Fraggle

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 08:39:46 am »

Aye, time to take out my good old Kurt Vonnegut ripoff homage... in name and early backstory only though.

True Name: Rudy Waltz
Code Name: Deadeye Dick
Operative or Support?: Support
Skills: Rifle, engineer, archive diver

Field Stats:

Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Agility: 4
Charisma: 4

Support Stats:

Information Gathering: 6
Experience: 2
Charisma: 5

Company: Steel Coast Security (SCS)
Region: Middle America

Started practising with rifles at a very young age with his father. Accidentally killed a pregnant woman at the age of ten with one of his father's rifles, resulting in his father being imprisoned and earning Waltz the nickname he would later use as his code name. After the incident, Waltz became cynical and emotionally detatched, but despite this he retained the ability to impress people with his reasoning and wits.

After spending his early 20's working as a junior engineer at a shipyard, he was contracted to build and maintain patrol boats for Steel Coast Security, essentially a private coastguard organization. During the first ten years of his employment there, Steel Coast prospered and became increasingly prominent in Middle America, where the cartel situation was becoming unbearable. Waltz's supervisor eventually realized that his technical and analytical skills could be used for actual operations instead of just maintaining the ships of what had become one of the largest private navies in the world, so Waltz was arranged a position in one of the command ships. Why he chose the code name "Deadeye Dick", only Waltz himself knows, although many people assume it to have something to do with the fact that no detail goes past Waltz unnoticed. So far, the upstart officer has been popular, but he has yet to prove himself in trickier situations.

Another thing known only to Waltz himself is his uncanny knack for sniper rifles. Waltz dislikes having to kill people himself, and hasn't trained with live guns much since his childhood accident, and yet he uses a rifle like a professional.

Poke me hard if I forgot something. Oh yeah, I'm at GMT +2 and I work 8 hours (or more) a day... if that's too slow for you others I'll be happy to skip this one.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Proxy War (Aka ROLL TO SNAAAAAAAAKE. 2 Open Slots)
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 08:46:19 am »

Oh thats good. :D, Although I had a slight moment of DERP when I got over the Middle America, I was like wait. Mid-West? That aint right. But then I'm like wait. He's referring to CENTRAL AMERICA. So then I knocked myself out

Edit: Also, Kay12 is the only one to post a Locale to start out of. Yall need to get to work on that. Decide amongst yourselves
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:48:30 am by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Proxy War (Aka ROLL TO SNAAAAAAAAKE. 2 Open Slots)
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 08:48:51 am »

True Name: Daniel LaBouff
Codename: Trickster
Operative or support: Operative
Skills: Blade Expert, CQC, Connected ( support )

Strength: 5

Endurance: 3

Agility: 7

Intelligence: 3

Charisma: 3

Support Stats:
Information Gathering: 5

Experience: 4

Intelligence: 6

Charisma: 3

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16