Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Strangers in a Strange Land: Island Survival RTD Waitlist Open  (Read 5366 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Strangers in a Strange Land: Island Survival RTD Waitlist Open
« on: December 31, 2015, 03:43:51 pm »

Strangers in a Strange Land

The first thing you feel on your cheek is sand, rough and coarse. Next comes the wind blowing across your naked body, slowly waking you. Everything else comes next: the sound of waves and birds, the smell of salt, the sun beaming down on you

You wake to a beach stretching out far to the left and right of you, hot sand and swaying palm trees, like someone ripped a photo from a tropical vacation brochure. The sea is a beautiful turquoise color, the kind you don't see outside of movies. Sea birds caw and hop along the sands, sharing it with small, pink crabs and the occasional turtle. Drift wood and dried sea weed break out the sand, pieces of grey and green among the gold

Behind you a mighty jungle rises. Trees taller than most of your houses grow, creating a green sheet across the island. Beneath the canopy is a dark underworld of fallen logs, roots and tiny plants, only broken by the sunlight streaming in through gaps in the foliage. The sound of jungle birds, insects and stranger creatures echoes from it, creating a great cacophony of sounds. Beyond the jungle high peaks rise, snow capped and glittering in the light. You catch a glimpse of something else on the mountains, a smudge of grey against the white back ground.

As your eyes follow the mountains down back to the beach you catch site of sparkling blue, water. Sure enough, to the east and west, twin rivers emerge from the green to feed into the ocean.

Your reverie is broken by the sound of other voices. Five other people, men and women, are around you. All as naked as you are, they blink at the blazing sun. Your stomach growls in protest and throat feels dry. Escape is impossible if you don't survive.

Spoiler: Wots all dis den? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Players:
1. Oswald Booker, Botanist
2.  Alexei V. Tchurpin, Construction Worker
3. Adel Mattherson, EMT
4. Will Zaijcek, "Military"
5. Liena Bjornsdottir, Biathlonist
6. Grace Vanir, Wilderness Guide

Waitlist:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:40:49 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Strangers in a Strange Land: Island Survival RTD (0/6) Open
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 05:37:47 pm »

Name: Oswald Booker.
Description: A average looking caucasian man with brown hair and green eyes.
Hunger: 6/10 (Leave as is)
Thirst: 6/10 (Leave as is)

((I don't think I've ever played in a game like this but it is always nice to try new things.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 05:42:57 pm »

Name: Alexei V. Tchurpin
Description: His his face is rather thin compared to his overall complexion. There are three scars on the left of his abdomen and another one on the left thigh. He speaks English proficiently.
Hunger: 6/10
Thirst: 6/10
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:51:20 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
Re: Strangers in a Strange Land: Island Survival RTD (2/6) Open
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 10:23:05 pm »

Name: Will Zaijcek (pronounced ZAI-chek)
Description: A tall, muscular young man of about 22, standing at around 6-foot-2 with dark brown hair cut to regulation length, green eyes, and a slight tanned complexion. Regular mandatory exercise and a previous deployment to Iraq has given him a more experienced look in his face and body, keeping him tough and capable.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 10:56:39 pm »

You cannot all be "Military". Change it to something else, something more interesting.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 11:33:53 am »

Heh, something more interesting for tropic island?

Name: Liena Bjornsdottir
Description: tall Icelandic woman with blond hair and pale skin
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 11:40:14 am »

You cannot all be "Military". Change it to something else, something more interesting.

((I called military first, but if Urist won't back down on his decision, I'm changing mine to construction worker.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 12:08:59 pm »

Name: Adel Mattherson
Appearance:thin, lightly tanned man with dark brown hair and light brown eyes. He appears slightly Arabian.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 03:06:25 am »

((I called military first, but if Urist won't back down on his decision, I'm changing mine to construction worker.))
((Not gonna lie, military probably won't be that useful in this game, so you might want to change it.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 03:51:46 am »

((Not gonna lie, military probably won't be that useful in this game, so you might want to change it.))

((Dun did it.))
Sigs

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Strangers in a Strange Land: Island Survival RTD (5/6) Open
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 03:52:49 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Strangers in a Strange Land: Island Survival RTD (5/6) Open
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 04:09:58 am »

Name: Grace Vanir
Description: Short, pale scandinavian woman with short cut brown hair. Years of walking in forest has left her with strong legs and low fat percentage. You could call her mildly cute, but otherwise unremarkable.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangers in a Strange Land: Island Survival RTD Waitlist Open
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 12:46:45 pm »

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn 0
The sun beats down on all of you as you stand blinking in its cruel light. You appear to be on a sandy beach that stretches off in either direction until it meets a river. In front of you a jungle looms, dark and terrible. Beyond the trees you can see a towering mountain. You are slightly hungry and thirsty, whatever left you here has taken some toll on your body.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Adel Mattherson, EMT (click to show/hide)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »

Assuming we successfully established there are six of us, survivors. Any wreckage of the vessel around? Wooden panels, steel beams, dead bodies, with God's help, maybe food and water supplies washed ashore?
Sigs

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 02:11:45 pm »

Liena nods to a well-build man with three scars who immediately started looking around for any wreckage and says: "Hi, I am Liena. You are going to search it here? I will go check that river over there." She runs to the west.
Liena explores the part of beach from the starting point to the west river. She is looking for any wreckage on the beach and is also interested to see how it looks at and beyond that west river.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: [1] 2 3