Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 972709 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.6
« Reply #390 on: November 02, 2013, 08:05:46 am »

ok i've uploaded an update to deal with incorrect moods missing/highlighted, and fixed the filtering application of labors by column.

Tonren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 02, 2013, 11:40:11 am »

Yo splinterz, FYI, I managed to get Dwarf Therapist compiling on my Macbook running 10.9 Mavericks. I e-mailed you a diff

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 02, 2013, 02:30:12 pm »

Question: What does the scripting box in the Custom Role dialogue do, exactly? I pay it lip service in the guide but don't go into any level of detail.

Edit: an updated version of the guide addressing your comments has been uploaded.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:56:47 pm by ResMar »
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2013, 04:21:47 pm »

Question: What does the scripting box in the Custom Role dialogue do, exactly? I pay it lip service in the guide but don't go into any level of detail.
rather than using the built-in aspects to create a role from, you could do something else entirely with a script instead, as long as it results in a number to use a rating. so for example, you could do something like give a rating based on whether or not a dwarf has a noble position. it's very niche and i'm unaware of how many people actually use it, so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2013, 05:40:44 pm »

Yeah, that sounds like something that you could more cleanly and intuitively with a filter script. Perhaps the feature should be hidden behind a bluelink?

I've started playing around with the new version. One quick fix: when the Health Legend dock is closed, you should have the program automatically clean the filter, or else they might get stuck with a filtered view whose filter they can't remove without reopening the dock.

I have some ideas regarding expanding this capacity to the "Filter Dwarves" text box, but I'll chew on them a bit first.

I'll do some testing and start patching together a fix list/editing the doc for next week.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:52:30 pm by ResMar »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2013, 06:22:34 pm »

the manual is looking pretty good. maybe run it through a spell check though.

good catch on the filtering. i'll have to apply the same thing to thoughts and preferences as well. what really needs to be done is expand the filtering to allow for multiple filters (preferences, health, thoughts, etc.) and to actually show/list them somewhere. it would be nice to remove select filters as well from a single location, rather then having to find the dock and clear it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.5 BETA
« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2013, 07:12:51 pm »

Crash Bug:
Btw, copying from the script editor still results in a crash.

If I wanted a filter script to exclude those with missing limbs, how could I accomplish that?
31 is the health category for missing/severed/leaking body parts. the first item in the category is severed (0), the second is missing (1) and the third is leaking (2) so:

!d.has_health_issue(31,0) && !d.has_health_issue(31,1)

if you wanted to exclude leaking as well, you could use:

!d.has_health_issue(31,-1)

Unassigning labors "From everyone" should apply to the filtered view... as is, it literally applies to everyone :(
ok i'll take a look at it.
I can't apply an opt plan and disable mining on my militia filtered dwarfs
are you saying that the optimization plan isn't working with filtering, or just repeating the previous problem?

Man... injured has  alot more to it.  A dwarf is only resting until he is actually deposited into a bed huh?

I'm asking because I currently exclude resting, but a dwarf with missing limb might not be resting, but then again a dwarf with leaking isn't resting or missing a limb...

So after combat I need to constantly re-adjust, but missing limbs are a big one.

btw

this worked for me

Missing limbs
d.has_health_issue(31,1)

UpdatE:
I mean seriously... I had an archer (crossbowman) with a fucking missing limb before this script!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:48:33 pm by thistleknot »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2013, 05:12:39 am »

The "Issues" section of the google code site isn't there, so I assume the forum is the issue tracker?

Quick bug report: The script editor allows formatted text to be pasted into it. I'm not sure if it affects the function of the script (probably not if you're not calling the rich text functions), but the edit should be a plain text edit anyways.

Cheers!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.5 BETA
« Reply #398 on: November 03, 2013, 06:41:09 am »

Crash Bug:
Btw, copying from the script editor still results in a crash.

Man... injured has  alot more to it.  A dwarf is only resting until he is actually deposited into a bed huh? I'm asking because I currently exclude resting, but a dwarf with missing limb might not be resting, but then again a dwarf with leaking isn't resting or missing a limb...

So after combat I need to constantly re-adjust, but missing limbs are a big one. btw, this worked for me: Missing limbs d.has_health_issue(31,1)

Update:
I mean seriously... I had an archer (crossbowman) with a fucking missing limb before this script!

if that's all you're looking for it's not really that complex. when a dwarf is injured and needs healthcare, they enter a 'rest' job once they're in a bed. resting is basically 'too hurt to do anything'. a dwarf who has recovered from injuries may have missing limbs, but they can perform (most) jobs perfectly fine. sometimes they don't even need any health care when limbs are severed. i've seen dwarfs get hands/arms chopped off by a surprised thief, and then just carry on as though nothing happened.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2013, 07:16:58 am »

Is there a definitive place to share custom professions, optimization plans, and filter scripts?

If not, could we make one? Perhaps a wiki page?

DoWhileGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2013, 03:42:45 pm »

I play Dwarf Fortress (quite a lot) on my MacBook and I was searching these forums to see if there was a new version of DT that works with Mac.
I read through this whole thread but there still doesn't appear to be a working version?
I'm also a CS student, and I've got a lot of experience programming C++ and Objective-C, and a bit of experience using QT.
I updated Splinterz' version of DT to work with Mac but I can't get it to connect to DF properly (it just crashes when trying to connect). I did however manage to get the old Mac-version (the one by Chmod and/or DwarfEngineer) to work properly with v. 0.34.11.
The memory-layout used in df_structures (someone linked it higher up in this thread) wasn't completely right (though most of it is). I had to change a few memory locations, but now everything works (I think).
Anyway, here's the correct v0.34.11.ini file: http://pastebin.com/GNwG2ti2
It works with version 0.6.12b05 of the original DT fork: https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/downloads/list
To add the new memory-layout to DwarfTherapist, download and install v.0.6.12b05 like you normally would. Once installed, locate it in the Applications folder and right-click -> show package content. Then navigate to "Contents/MacOS/etc/memory_layouts/osx" and paste the file "v0.34.11.ini".
That should be all you have to do. It now works exactly as it used to work under Windows on my old pc.
I will look into updating Splinterz version to work with Mac OSX as well, but it'll probably take some time since I'm in the middle of my finals at Uni and I'll have to "get used" to DT's code. Anyway, this is a quick fix to get the old version working again in the meantime.

You are a saint.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2013, 06:54:59 pm »

Is there a definitive place to share custom professions, optimization plans, and filter scripts?

No, but a package marketplace might not be a bad idea in the future. I just used DFFD (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7880).

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2013, 05:05:48 am »

Just a quick bug report for you, but nothing that really needs fixed that badly:

If you connect, then save fort and exit to main menu then reload the same fortress and try and refresh dwarfs it crashes.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 05, 2013, 05:08:07 am »

No, but a package marketplace might not be a bad idea in the future. I just used DFFD (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7880).

Ah nice, but but the problem with just using DFFD is that searching for stuff related to Dwarf Therapist and filtering out all the mods and packs that mention it is a PITA!

I propose a wiki page, similar to the Graphics Pack or Quickfort Blueprints page, where we can link to the files/packs. What do you all think?

Edit: alright I jumped the gun here and created a wiki page: Dwarf Fortress Therapist Addons Repository. I've added the boiler-plate and some rough descriptions, so let's load it up!

Also ResMar, I just stumbled on your DT guide , that thing is amazing. Great work! Do you plan to make the LaTeX source available so others can submit patches/contributions?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:44:41 am by rmblr »

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 05, 2013, 07:01:32 pm »

I think that a wiki repo is fine for now, but a more permanent solution should be sought out in the future, preferably some sort of in-program marketplace.

Do I plan to make the LaTeX available? Hmm. Dunno, maybe. Right now I'm mostly focused on working with Splinterz to update it and brush it to form.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 222