Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 878756 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Accepting players.
« Reply #1590 on: November 08, 2015, 10:38:28 pm »

Hi Cado, I don't actually know you, but welcome back.
;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 08, 2015, 10:43:56 pm »

I'm an off and on user of the forum. Nice to be back. :)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 08, 2015, 10:45:44 pm »

More like Selina "Gonna get bullied by Alria"
And to USEC_Officer:
 >:(
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 08, 2015, 10:46:46 pm »

And fair enough. Wasn't sure how strong or weak to make things.

Fair enough. No one really does, to be honest. We're mostly just winging it like usual. Which means that a lot of stuff will probably slip through the cracks.

From what I can see...
Dimension Shift needs some more clarification. Can you activate it to dodge an attack or what? It is instant? That sort of thing.
Same with Mass Barrier. Defining what constitutes her normal damage reductions would be very helpful for any GMs.
Triple Threat needs some numbers on it, to help definite exactly what it does.
Assassination needs some kind of limit/disadvantage on it, or if it already does that needs to be made more clear.

Also: All of the summons need to be hit with the nerfbat. I've talked with Sanure about this when he was thinking up the rules for the game. Summoning has always been a problem in these kinds of games, because it generally leads to people summoning a completely separate character and thus doubling their power/usefulness. It's no fun for everyone else if you get twice the HP, abilities and so on. As such your summons need to either be much weaker, or have some disadvantage to balance them out. Because right now they seem slightly less powerful than a regular character which is not balanced by any difficulties with summoning them. Hence why I would nerf them. I should probably ask for co-GMhood one of these days...

And to USEC_Officer:
 >:(

Hmm? What did I do?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 08, 2015, 10:52:28 pm »

Dimension shift is supposed to be an instant dodge but with a big downside if used more than once. I balanced the summons around having less actions and being very basic in general. Mass Barrier and barrier use my weapon and armor damage reductions. And the damages for everything are decided by the GMs so I didn't know what to do there.
[/quote]

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 08, 2015, 10:53:40 pm »

You know what you did. Or rather what I failed to do.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 08, 2015, 10:58:57 pm »

I have several ideas, but they basically boil down to Selena not being able to act while a summon is out, and the summons having persistent damage that carries over to their token.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 08, 2015, 11:03:56 pm »

Dimension shift is supposed to be an instant dodge but with a big downside if used more than once. I balanced the summons around having less actions and being very basic in general. Mass Barrier and barrier use my weapon and armor damage reductions. And the damages for everything are decided by the GMs so I didn't know what to do there.

Yes. But how/when does Dimension Shift work? It's not clear from the sheet, and so some clarification is needed.

Also the summons having less actions doesn't make them weaker. It just makes them less flexible in combat. They can still deal out appreciable amounts of damage and soak up enemy attacks (taken together the five slimes have the most HP out of any other character). Plus when they die Selina can bust out another summon (or resummon them?). That hardly seems fair to everyone else playing.

You should put down what Mass Barrier does in your character sheet. It would be helpful.

As for the Damage part... Fair enough.

You know what you did. Or rather what I failed to do.

Ah. I see. And I was heartily amused by it.

I have several ideas, but they basically boil down to Selena not being able to act while a summon is out, and the summons having persistent damage that carries over to their token.

Not acting while a summon is out would be fine. But they would still need to be nerfed slightly, since Selina appears to be able to bust another summon out after the first one dies. If she throws them out one at a time, that's a lot of HP for her enemies to wade through. Of course they could also attack her, which is why I'm not suggesting drastic nerfs in that situation. In fact, if she got horrible debuffs while summoning then they could stand for a little buffing. Obvious point of failure and all that jazz.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 08, 2015, 11:07:26 pm »

Hmm.

What about No actions while a summon is out, and takes true damage while the summon is out? So she is unavoidably vulnerable in some sense.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 08, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »

I would do stuff, but I am squeeeing way to much right now to GM. CADO!!!!!!!! *glomps Cado*
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 08, 2015, 11:18:05 pm »

CADO QUICK JUMP INTO THE IC THREAD SO HE HAS TO FOLLOW YOU.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 08, 2015, 11:19:22 pm »

Hmm.

What about No actions while a summon is out, and takes true damage while the summon is out? So she is unavoidably vulnerable in some sense.

True damage? Which is...? What exactly? How is that different from regular damage?

I would do stuff, but I am squeeeing way to much right now to GM. CADO!!!!!!!! *glomps Cado*

Poor, poor Cado. Too cute and adorable for their own good. Not that I am complaining. Gives me a chance to break out the tentacles.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: November 08, 2015, 11:20:02 pm »

True damage is damage that can't be dodged or resisted. It's like Pure Damage, which ignores all forms of resistance.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 08, 2015, 11:20:41 pm »

Dang it... *is drowned in hugs* And Elf is gonna go even crazier. XD
[/quote]

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 08, 2015, 11:21:44 pm »

Ye own fault for not warning us :3c

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1328