Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 75762 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2
« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2017, 09:11:28 pm »

BlackHeartKabal either needs to replace out or get hung for being a lurking scumass.  He's got all of 4 posts and practically no content in any of them.
And on that note, still going to be mostly absent today.
This from a guy who's currently sitting on a flagarant bandwagon?
Goddamn, I was Replacing Out anyway because I can't keep up activity here, but if there's any game that the town would deserve to lose, I'd pick this one.
Hoo wow. Blame everyone on the basis of a few. -_- "YOU ALL DESERVE TO LOSE THIS".
Heavy spite, I feel, done to myself. Easy to give up just because you're now out of it. That doesn't mean your successor isn't.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 01, 2017, 12:49:49 am »

Cool.

MoonyTheHuman for being worthless and dragging everyone down with him.
True, but it does seem more like newness than scumminess to me. What makes him more scummy than a liar? (Spin still hasn't convinced me he wasn't lying.)
I'm voting MTH because he's a garbage player.  If he's scum, bonus.  If he's not scum, then that's one major distraction and wild-card out of the game.  The longer he's alive, the more interference with real scumhunting he's going to cause.

BlackHeartKabal either needs to replace out or get hung for being a lurking scumass.  He's got all of 4 posts and practically no content in any of them.
And on that note, still going to be mostly absent today.
This from a guy who's currently sitting on a flagarant bandwagon?
Goddamn, I was Replacing Out anyway because I can't keep up activity here, but if there's any game that the town would deserve to lose, I'd pick this one.
Hoo wow. Blame everyone on the basis of a few. -_- "YOU ALL DESERVE TO LOSE THIS".
Heavy spite, I feel, done to myself. Easy to give up just because you're now out of it. That doesn't mean your successor isn't.
I was browsing the dictionary the other day and I happened to see BlackHeartKabal's name under the entry for "Salt".  Weird, right?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 01, 2017, 07:36:58 am »

BlackHeartKabal has been replaced by Persus13

(PM inbound to Persus with all details.)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #318 on: November 01, 2017, 09:56:27 am »

How do you know I'm garbage? I've just got in!
So, I'm extra unsure now. Shakerag seems... rather odd. He's all over the place trying to get people to wagon onto people.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 01, 2017, 10:55:58 am »

Yeah, from what I've seen of him, you'd get a "this is bad and you should feel bad" first, perhaps with a rather stronger word than "bad". Still, not too surprising to see him jump to what appears to be lynch behaviour. Have the two of you played before?
One wheel short of a wagon

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #320 on: November 01, 2017, 11:12:03 am »

I play on IRC (freenode.net ##werewolf) a lot.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #321 on: November 01, 2017, 12:57:13 pm »

Thanks Kingawsume for the summaries. juicebox: Can I get any tangible anything regarding your 'lies on Maximum Spin' and your 'Tiruin something something please.

So basically, my ability depends on my target's target. I targeted you.

As for Maximum Spin, first there was this post

Maximum Spin is engaging in all the classic mistaken behaviours typical of new players - responding angrily to every vote against them, softclaiming their role in order to make an appeal to emotion and advocating for no lynch.
Odd that you see anger. Did you miss my first post?

Words not to convince, though conviction may come later. Words to evince. Shakerag. This is not in response to your vote against me.

Incidentally, I lied about my ability. Sorry. Radical Freedom.

Then there was this one on day 2

I need to unpack your explanation a little, Max, as it seems to me that Gifting has been heavily at play, on top of any swapping, given all confirmed people have two available Actions and I don't yet know enough to be even half sure of anything, though I am just about half sure of something else, rounded down, for all the good it does me.
I can confirm that I don't have two available actions, which is a little disappointing. However let's just say that I could be somewhat useful tonight if I live through the day! If anybody mass-gifted an action, it was targetted in such a way as to (however it happens to work) exclude me. If it's "give to everyone except your target's target", as has been implied, I would guess that it was targetted at codybob1999, since I can confirm that last night I was informed of myself. :P (implying he randomly targetted me with the inform your target of your target action)

If scum wanted Leafsnail dead for any reason beyond he just seems town, it was probably for this:
[...]

Maximum Spin honestly I'm starting to agree with Shakerag now. We need you out of the way so we can actually scumhunt.
See, this is an example of the importance of reading comprehension! I didn't say a word about why scum would want Leafsnail dead – I just gave my interpretation of kingawsume's rather terse explanation of his own vote.

Incidentally, my vote stands.

and this one

As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night. Either you misread your ability description, or, more likely, you are lying and mafia.

which Fallacy refuted here:

As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night.
If you targeted nobody, you should have gained an action from my Santa Party. If you targeted somebody other than me(probably), you should have gained an action.

You are lying mafia.

I have an ace in the hole here. Santa Party was originally Shakerag's action. He knows what it says. Meaning he can confirm my statement.

Shakerag: Please read the above.

and then there's Shakerag's post here:
As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night. Either you misread your ability description, or, more likely, you are lying and mafia.
Maximum Spin

Man, how did I not connect the dots here earlier.  I think I just wanted to see how much of a hole MS could dig for himself.  Late D1, my santa ability was swapped with a swap ability.  Right at the beginning of D2 I dayswapped the swap ability with Maximum Spin.  You know what I got?  An ability that starts with "Once per night you can ...".

No night-usable action during the night, eh?

Everyone:  Was anyone able to "target two targets" last night?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 01, 2017, 01:21:53 pm »

Hi everyone. I was skimming through the game before I replaced in, but I need to go back and do a more thorough reread.

Why is there a bandwagon on Maximum Spin followed by a huge backlash? Did the fact that he lied about not getting an action get resolved at all?

Shakerag: Why are you going after Moony? Also, why are you so grumpy?

Kingasume, juicebox, Moony: Who are you guys? Have you played Bay12 Mafia before?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2017, 02:33:48 pm »

Why is there a bandwagon on Maximum Spin followed by a huge backlash?
The bandwagon is because of his lies and people then going "why not" and voting him, as for the backlash, I have no clue.

Did the fact that he lied about not getting an action get resolved at all?
He said he did actually get an action but had it stolen. This strongly contradicts the fact that he said he didn't get an action earlier.

MoonyTheHuman for being worthless and dragging everyone down with him.
I'm considering the possibility of Shakerag being scum using Moony's incompetence as an excuse to avoid voting his partner who actually behaved scummy, but it's far from a clear thing right now.

I think Spin's lynch will open a lot of leads, town or not.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #324 on: November 01, 2017, 02:53:57 pm »

Kingasume, juicebox, Moony: Who are you guys? Have you played Bay12 Mafia before?
This is my first game, Bay12 or otherwise.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2017, 03:18:14 pm »

Honestly, sometimes incompetence helps the village, doesn't it? I'm more used to fast paced games that fly along, requiring fast thinking. I'll need to think through my actions a little more.
Even then...
Maximum Spin for the same reason as everyone else, probably a scum, and if he is, potentially a lead on Shakerag.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2017, 04:02:52 pm »

November Rules FAQ
As the game is complicated and in any case some players just skim the OP, here's a restating of some of the things you might find helpful to bear in mind:

- All the powers are random, but the possibilities can be seen in the source here.
- All town players started the game with one power (whether a passive ability, or an active action).
- Any SK players started the game with two powers, one guaranteed to be able to kill.
- Mafia players have access to a kill power that cannot be swapped away.
- All abilities normally trigger at the same time, players only die at the end of the phase (i.e. killing doesn't block), but gifts happen first, and censuses happen last.
- Players can only use one ability per day or night phase (though some abilities can take multiple targets).

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2017, 05:02:36 pm »

Hi everyone. I was skimming through the game before I replaced in, but I need to go back and do a more thorough reread.

Why is there a bandwagon on Maximum Spin followed by a huge backlash? Did the fact that he lied about not getting an action get resolved at all?

Shakerag: Why are you going after Moony? Also, why are you so grumpy?

I've played several mafia games here already, most recently the last Supernatural. As for why I'm voting Maximum Spin, See here:

Also:

Maximum Spin honestly I'm starting to agree with Shakerag now. We need you out of the way so we can actually scumhunt.

@shakerag I intended to vote, however I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after the round was over
Applying this logic to Max is certainly tempting (I admit I have a bit), but this is a very noncommital way of lynching someone, eh? You don't even have to say why you thought they were scum. Especially with the "This is Shakes' idea" bit. And how it gets you off scumhunting until we lynch Max...

My reasoning for voting Max at that time wasn't that he seemed particularly scummy, it's that he was drawing a lot of attention to himself and not playing in a way that helped town. However the fact that he's lied several times over seems quite scummy to me, so I feel justified in leaving my vote on him

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »

[various statements about me]
I never actually lied about my ability, as Leafsnail indeed confirmed before and afterward. I did lie about lying about it. There was a reason for this. Everything else I said was true; FallacyofUrist and Shakerag were merely misled by the changing actions that happen frequently in this game, as I later clarified. The exact reason I specified "during the night" was because I did get, and then lose, a night action immediately afterward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2017, 05:32:44 pm »

Oh yeah, also: not a fact. I said, truthfully, that I only had one action and that, if I was supposed to have had two, something went wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38