Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 847237 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11595 on: April 11, 2024, 04:58:35 am »

Spent six or seven hours today trying to get my cousin's car unstuck from the driveway that shouldn't be driven down even after a light rain and we just had a massive storm roll through so the entire thing is a massive mud pit. After the first two hours we managed to get the car unstuck and moving, then it started pouring again and it got about halfway down the road and slid off the side and got stuck again, and after a few more hours of winching and shoving we gave up and called a friend of his with a truck and had him pull the car out.

And the main takeaway from this is that if you don't have a tree to tie the ropes to you can slam a metal post into the ground and use that instead, also screw the rain I'm sick of the shit already.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: April 11, 2024, 05:54:03 am »

In my head I got this image for many user's biome and you're like way out there. Is it the desert, is it the jungle it allways sounds like the kind of place that is hostile to human life at first glance, yet, prosperous. Like central america, with a bunch of thugs roaming about in paramilitary outfits. Don't ruin the mystery ^^.
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: April 11, 2024, 07:25:36 pm »

My guess is "all of the above" - Texas.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: April 11, 2024, 08:06:37 pm »

shit alcohol is annoying can people stop having birthdays
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 06:33:54 am by dragdeler »
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: April 12, 2024, 03:18:32 am »

My guess is "all of the above" - Texas.
There is a chance that this is the right answer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: April 13, 2024, 02:40:42 am »

And now after only a few days the road that had been an undriveable mud pit is now almost completely dry and drive able. This is what happens when the ground the road is on is a thick layer of sand with clay underneath it, sand soaks up all the water and becomes horrid mud while the clay under it stays hard while becoming slick as hell.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: April 13, 2024, 10:54:57 pm »

Urgh, 5am and my stomach's killing me. Lots of gas, a bit of nausea, and enough acid to contain an SCP.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: April 13, 2024, 11:06:07 pm »

Whatchoo been eating?

I get horrible reflux when I eat greasy things, sometimes when I eat something with tomatoes also.

Hopefully it passes ‘cause god damn excess acid is a horrible experience.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: April 13, 2024, 11:09:53 pm »

Only thing different that'd fit the timeframe is yoghurt. Had some unpleasant vegetarian chicken kievs, but that was 11 hours ago.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: April 16, 2024, 05:37:46 am »

Just a random free-floating and chaotic vent, don't mind me. TL;DR, very first world problems.

It's a Tuesday, so I've got some self-imposed art shit today based on weekly prompts, and not only do I feel like my artistic skill in general is stagnating (if not deteriorating), but this week's prompt is either hilariously complicated to represent or aggravatingly open-ended and meaningless, all depending on interpretation.

Also half the apartment is kinda ripped up because I washed sofa cushion covers yesterday and I'm procrastinating putting them back on again... While also procrastinating doing a grocery run, or doing any of the things I should be doing to prep for the next D&D session.

Speaking of D&D, I'm kinda at a loss with one of my players who just does not have anything I can work with in her character. Her entire backstory amounts to "I scammed the wrong person and now I have to make sure we never cross paths again", which is only there because it was randomly rolled for during creation. I've approached her a couple times and made it clear that if she wants help fleshing out her character and background, she's going to have to specifically ask for it. It's her character, not mine, and I absolutely do not want to step in and start taking control of her narrative; unless she explicitly wants and asks for that. ...but nothing's been done or said, and so she still has no story and I can't come in with any of the things that I've seen would fit beautifully with the overarching world and interactions, and seem like great fits both for her character's motivation and as something she as a player would find nifty neato-keeno.

(Also the usual stuff of "I'm not doing/prepping enough, I'm not engaging all of my players enough/equally, I'm flubbing and struggling and a razor's edge away from failing as a DM etc.… But at least I do recognize that my players are having a good time so I can sorta drown that out. Sorta.)

And I've been having some weird sense of yearning today that I thought I might be able to finally convert into some actual willingness to play games, but that got womped by fixating on Machiavellian/Shadowy Manipulation/"That Which Sleeps"-type games that just led me down the old paths of how Ruinarch had a good product and then decided to absolutely self-destruct through clutter creep, and how the Shadows Behind the Throne/Forbidden Gods series also reached out towards greatness at several points before shooting itself in the foot, and how while the third installment has apparently matured into the best of the bunch I still have some resentment and ill will after having been part of the beta tests before getting absolutely sick of certain elements within the community that eventually resulted in me leaving the whole project behind.

Plus my plants are still ravaged by thrips, I still never have the energy to do anything around the house, and of course the whole "fix this body's limitations through exercise" plan is not-going about as well as one would expect.

Additionally my computer is teetering on the cliff of utter capitulation, which means I gotta wade through the morass of tech specs, price evaluations, guarantees, and of course data transfer/setup again which is always just such a beacon of joy.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: April 17, 2024, 11:26:08 am »

I'm in a weird mental state lately, and not sure why... I've secured employment after my current job is terminated in a few weeks... I think it's because I've got too much idle time.

Even with all the house chores I've been doing...

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: April 18, 2024, 12:52:06 pm »

On one hand, two of three users on my ignore list just got banned; on the other, they're running around loose causing who knows what mischief instead of talking here. Bleh.
Not here at the moment

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: April 19, 2024, 02:43:36 am »

Damn man I knew all three of the people that got banned today, knew some better than others but that doesn't make it feel any different, feels weird man.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: April 19, 2024, 11:56:50 pm »

On one hand, two of three users on my ignore list just got banned; on the other, they're running around loose causing who knows what mischief instead of talking here. Bleh.

Might be one(s) on my list as well, but I haven't been around so I don't actually know who got banned today

wait I can just check the mod log

edit: ah.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 11:58:56 pm by Eschar »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: April 20, 2024, 03:24:03 pm »

Mildly annoyed. Running out of one my prescriptions. Requested the refill a few days ago, but the pharmacy never responded. Went there today to see if they had it, but when I got there realized the pharmacy is closed on weekends. I don't have enough left for tomorrow, let alone until Monday. It's not super-important, in fact I don't know if I still really need to take it, as my doctor prescribed me something else to treat the part of my intestine that this one didn't fix yet. He did tell me to take both, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775