Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 683802 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #3660 on: May 06, 2017, 02:36:17 am »

Assuming you mean the counter started today, (Saturday)-- the next 3 days being elapsed,  (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)-- then you are expecting the [whatever] to occur before next Wednesday.

Clear as mud?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: May 06, 2017, 10:11:10 am »

This conversation is truly amazing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: May 06, 2017, 12:13:27 pm »

If today's Monday, and something will happen in four days, it'll happen on Friday.  Four days from today, but at any point on Friday.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: May 06, 2017, 08:51:25 pm »

Serious question; if you take someone from the past into the future, leave them there and then change the future, what happens? Are they wiped from existence or retconned, including your future interactions with them? It's a dynamic timeline, so no multiverses and any changes stick.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: May 06, 2017, 08:56:14 pm »

Serious question; if you take someone from the past into the future, leave them there and then change the future, what happens? Are they wiped from existence or retconned, including your future interactions with them? It's a dynamic timeline, so no multiverses and any changes stick.

Typically the physics of time travel are up to the setting. Mostly because you caused a paradox.

Though TYPICALLY what would occur is that your original interactions would have changed due to your later interference.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: May 06, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »

I'm thinking they'd still be in the future, but anything you might have done with them is completely erased.
Reading a thinner book

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: May 06, 2017, 11:20:10 pm »

The harder stance, is that since the person from the past, returns to the past, they create the future they then interact with, by the actions they undertake after returning to the past.

This ensures that the future that they get taken to is always the same future, and the actions taken are always the same. Similar in nature to a closed timelike curve.

EG-- Person A), from the future, travels back in time to collect person B).  Person B) then goes on an adventure with Person A), in the future. Person B) then gets returned to their normal life in the past. This is NOT the end of person B) though. They continue to exist, and make choices-- now armed with knowledge of the future. The actions they undertake will unerringly cause the future in which Person A) is born, raised, and learns about person B) from history, compelling person A) to go back in time, and collect person B), to have the adventure.  The timeline is closed, and timelike, hence "closed timelike curve" Actions caused by B) in the past, induce the creation of A), and the events that shape A)'s history, compelling A) to interact with B), which then influences B), compelling B) to create the future that A) is from. [loop]...[loop]...[loop]...  Time continues normally on either side of the curve, but where the past and future met, the closed timelike structure is stable, but not-normal.  There is no discernible way to determine how it was created initially.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:28:02 pm by wierd »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: May 07, 2017, 01:35:32 am »

Dynamic timeline or bust, peeps.
Reading a thinner book

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: May 07, 2017, 03:54:45 am »

Why does microwaving things make it "Soggy"?

I mean, all the moisture was technically already there...

I know if you wait for it to cool the food gets dry mind you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: May 07, 2017, 11:41:26 pm »

I just finished Watchmen, it was amazing and I want to read more graphic novels and/or superhero stuff. What are some must-reads? Preferably ones about the length of Watchmen (400 pages) that aren't rooted in a deep canon, or don't require understanding of such to enjoy the narrative.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: May 08, 2017, 12:31:03 pm »

I just finished Watchmen, it was amazing and I want to read more graphic novels and/or superhero stuff. What are some must-reads? Preferably ones about the length of Watchmen (400 pages) that aren't rooted in a deep canon, or don't require understanding of such to enjoy the narrative.

Are you going specifically for superhero-ey stuff? Cause if not, I'd recommend Transmetropolitan. It's about a gonzo-journalist in a post-cyberpunk city covering and subsequently struggling to overthrow crooked presidency and swearing profusely.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: May 08, 2017, 07:05:38 pm »

Whatever you did already happened.  Nothing changed.  Q. E. D.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: May 08, 2017, 07:14:24 pm »

Why does microwaving things make it "Soggy"?

I mean, all the moisture was technically already there...

I know if you wait for it to cool the food gets dry mind you.

In an oven you heat up the air & the hot air absorbs moisture from the food.
With a microwave you're heating the water inside the food, the steam condenses when it hits the cold air surrounding the food.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: May 08, 2017, 07:16:31 pm »

Yeah but even things like... a Bagel or a piece of bread get soggy.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: May 08, 2017, 07:17:14 pm »

If you turned spring upside-down, what would you have? Let's say back to front is winter.
Reading a thinner book

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 636