Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964255 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3810 on: April 18, 2016, 11:47:28 am »

SECRET DARKNESS belongs to the Dark Angels, IMO.
But they're too ruthless to be truly emo, so I don't think they're on the list.
They're the spanish inquisition...I guess
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: April 18, 2016, 11:53:33 am »

I seem to recall them being present for that one time a Black Templar strike cruiser accidentally ran afoul of "Ork Snipers" and was never heard from again.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: April 18, 2016, 11:55:24 am »

I have to disagree; the Dark Angels are worse.

-Named Dark Angels

-Corvus was a loony-bin paranoid fucker who committed mass terrorism second only to Curze (who is really more Punisher than Batman)

-Literally Edgar Allen Poe

-Spend all their time disregarding the mission to go hunt down the ACCURSED TRAITORS so that they can torture them to death in the name of hiding the fact that both they and probably Corvus fell to chaos JUSTICE

-One of their famous character's shtick is that he literally hates fun and think it has no place in the DARK ANGELS.

The Blood Angels have some redeeming features to them. Though tragic, they like Sanguinius before them are compassionate and closest to an all-encompassing sense of humanity than anyone save the Salamanders. When not being traumatized space vampires they're among the best chapters when interacting with normal humans. You can't really be emo when you're the physical and psychological progenitor of a man who was thought of as the Emperor's second, someone who Pre-Heresy Horus thought deserved to be Warmaster, Rowboat thought should be Emperor-Regent if Terra had fell, and Post-Heresy Horus both regretted not being able to turn and didn't even try, so convinced was he of Sanguinius's quintessential goodness.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: April 18, 2016, 11:59:35 am »

I have to disagree; the Dark Angels are worse.

-Named Dark Angels

-Corvus was a loony-bin paranoid fucker who committed mass terrorism second only to Curze (who is really more Punisher than Batman)

-Literally Edgar Allen Poe

-Spend all their time disregarding the mission to go hunt down the ACCURSED TRAITORS so that they can torture them to death in the name of hiding the fact that both they and probably Corvus fell to chaos JUSTICE

-One of their famous character's shtick is that he literally hates fun and think it has no place in the DARK ANGELS.

The Blood Angels have some redeeming features to them. Though tragic, they like Sanguinius before them are compassionate and closest to an all-encompassing sense of humanity than anyone save the Salamanders. When not being traumatized space vampires they're among the best chapters when interacting with normal humans. You can't really be emo when you're the physical and psychological progenitor of a man who was thought of as the Emperor's second, someone who Pre-Heresy Horus thought deserved to be Warmaster, Rowboat thought should be Emperor-Regent if Terra had fell, and Post-Heresy Horus both regretted not being able to turn and didn't even try, so convinced was he of Sanguinius's quintessential goodness.
Dark angels are not corvus, they're Lion 'el Johnson
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: April 18, 2016, 12:02:18 pm »

See, this is why I hate the fucking Dark Angels. They're so terrible I mentally overwrote their Primarch with the Raven Guard's, a chapter that is better and never talked about.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: April 18, 2016, 12:32:57 pm »

See, this is why I hate the fucking Dark Angels. They're so terrible I mentally overwrote their Primarch with the Raven Guard's, a chapter that is better and never talked about.
m
Mhm. I only use them in table top for the death strike round one deep strike.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: April 18, 2016, 02:06:28 pm »

So uhm, a 3rd person 40k action game based blow for blow on Abnett's Xenos. How the fuck did I only hear about this now?

TB however doesn't seem that optimistic about it. It was originally planned as a mobile game but is now going to be on PC first. A quick look at some of the gameplay definitely shows signs of typical mobile game play: QTEs, button mashing, etc...

Also Eisenhorn is sporting a tie which looks bloody ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:12:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: April 18, 2016, 02:44:41 pm »

Holy shit! "Young" Eisenhorn looks fucking hilarious!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: April 18, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »

m
IIRC anyone can do that now that the new supplement is out.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:19:49 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: April 18, 2016, 08:22:53 pm »

m
IIRC anyone can do that now that the new supplement is out.
OOoohhh.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: April 18, 2016, 08:29:49 pm »

Only realised Raven Guard have got a huge reliance on scouts, too.
Which I guess isn't so bad considering they get stealth and shrouded. You've gotta find Something which'll invalidate your 4+ armour.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: April 18, 2016, 08:34:28 pm »

how good are Basilisks?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: April 18, 2016, 09:21:58 pm »

The artillery? They are supposedly this marvelous piece of equipment that is suppa powerful, in the lore at least, in TT I know they do have crazy a range... in reality modern armies around the world have better pieces of mobile artillery, with more range at least.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: April 18, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »

The artillery? They are supposedly this marvelous piece of equipment that is suppa powerful, in the lore at least, in TT I know they do have crazy a range... in reality modern armies around the world have better pieces of mobile artillery, with more range at least.
eh, might get 1 or two then just to barrage heavy armor and such.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: April 18, 2016, 10:13:54 pm »

Guessing you mean on the table, in which case, they're average. Minimum range of 36", but you can ignore that if you have LoS.
The S9 AP3 large blasts are pretty cool... I... Eh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 824