Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964508 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #6480 on: September 11, 2016, 12:02:50 am »

Humans definitely have more raw psychic power than Eldar. No Eldar go around dunking Titans and mindjacking entire star systems at once.

This might have to do with the Fall, though. The remaining Eldar could all be relative weaklings and so were not targeted by Slaanesh.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: September 11, 2016, 12:21:59 am »

Who did that, exactly?

Primarchs ain't human, and Chaos-empowered folks don't much count.

Plus odds are Eldar might not do that stuff because it attracts her attention, rather than just all the high-powered ones being dead.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: September 11, 2016, 12:24:14 am »

Alpha-Pluses. Dunking Titans is just their general description.

The star system mindjack was actually done by an Alpha-Plus fetus, using its mother as a puppet. Which sort of gives one an idea of the power bracket.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: September 11, 2016, 12:32:04 am »

Humans haven't been around in a meaningful way for a hundred thousand years before the Emperor was created, so I call hijinks as well as bullshit on that part.
Excuse me what? What do you mean they haven't been around in a "meaningful way" since before the Emperor was created? I mean yeah their material tech was pretty primitive up until then but that doesn't mean their knowledge of the Warp was bad. They had between ~198,000BC (when modern humanity evolved into existence) to ~8,000BC (when the Emperor was born) to accumulate a crap-ton of knowledge.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: September 11, 2016, 12:40:52 am »

The thing about the Emperor is a lot of his power isn't inherent.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: September 11, 2016, 12:43:43 am »

So humanity was in tune with the warp since the dawn of their existence, is what you're saying. 'Modern humans' evolved over the course of history starting 200,000 years ago, not finishing up about then. Skull shape being the key bit here since it's warp which is usually associated with the mind as far as I know, and if it has nothing to do with the brain then there's no reason to think the Hrud couldn't get a Hrud Emperor of Hrudkind if they thought to.

There's so many Humans that the power distribution curve is wildly skewed in favor of having some extremely powerful humans. The number of pre-Emperor humans, and shamans, able to be supported by their tribes, and as a general distribution of psychic potential, is nowhere near that powerful at an individual level. Meanwhile Ynnead would have the collective knowledge and experience of all Eldar in the infinity circuit for the last 10,000 years (plus however long until all Eldar die and shit), who are all fairly decent Psykers, and experience=/= power, as Magnus and Alpha-Plus fetuses prove.
The thing about the Emperor is a lot of his power isn't inherent.
I figure eating Slaanesh might help Ynnead with that too
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6486 on: September 11, 2016, 05:42:22 am »

What would happen if you just left the galaxy?
Is it 'nids in every direction? Does the fucked-up-ness/Chaos-taint of the warp extend out of the galaxy, or is it just localized?
Tyranids in one direction. Orks in all other. Other galaxies with their own aliens and possibly own Warp that might be more or less (remember, Chaos Gods supposedly have "good sides") fucked up that the one we have. I guess the Warp just exists where souls and emotions exists and the inter-galactic space is too vast for continuous Warp connection, so it would be just pancakes of Warp around pancakes of galaxies. Remember that Tyranids do have psykers (Zoanthropes).

Silent King wanted to check out other places, IIRC, but he ran into Tyranids. Tyranids want to shut down the giant fucking flaslight shining into their eyes/are running away from Chuck Norris/just wander aimlessly around the Universe, Orks are everywhere and the easiest way to date the age of Orkoid species would be to look at how far from Galaxy they have spread. That's about what we know about other places.

I figure eating Slaanesh might help Ynnead with that too
Implying that Ynnead is even going to be useful and not edgy crylord made up from Craftworlds and sitting in the furthest, darkest corner of Galaxy brooding.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: September 11, 2016, 06:15:02 am »

Last I checked it seems like the most likely thing ynnead is going to do is immediately start boning the emperor, if general sentiment means anything.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: September 11, 2016, 06:46:13 am »

since souls=warp, the implication is that the warp is where life is.  unless that life is more souless than the tau, oc.

im not entirely on the upnup witj eldar wet dreams but this one requires all the craftwolds to take the soulgems out of their titans and infinity loopthings and combine them to create sunde and keening, right?
as in, they all come together with their slowass realspace engines and all cooperate and no daemons or inquisition crashes the party and they all willingly give up their siblings, advisors, heavy artillery, and nabigators?  an hope with all their might they are allowed to angst their way past slaan and  topple emps?

haha.  but even then, what?  not lose their worlds as every ork tau and cultist springs up in the vacuum?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: September 11, 2016, 07:19:41 am »

The idea behind Ynnead is that the Infinity Circuits are all able to be connected, being the same on a fundamental level. If combined the sheer power of the millions of Eldar souls contained within is supposedly enough to make a god with the right guiding force.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6490 on: September 11, 2016, 07:27:43 am »

Also note it's not so much 'angst past' as 'go full Kroot on' Slaanesh, as far as I understand. Kill it and take its power, kind of thing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: September 11, 2016, 07:41:21 am »

thats fine, i was being somewhat derisive by implying they were dark elve stealing the tech of old ones to make a new god...   ...  :o

and that their hope fueled the god of order and hope.

Bur, what is the laughing god supposed to be doing while the galaxy turns burns?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: September 11, 2016, 07:50:57 am »

... laughing? I mean. It's in the name :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: September 11, 2016, 08:22:46 am »

Not sure how the canon is currently progressing, but as of Death Masque, Ynnead has already been born. (Albeit very weak)
Also, unsure whether or not the infinity circuits of the craftworlds have been emptied due-to.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6494 on: September 11, 2016, 09:03:12 am »

Remember when I had this unsourced info about DoWIII being at least partially about Ynnead?
I might have been onto something actually. PLOT ADVANCEMENT WHAT THE FUCK?!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 824