Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964382 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: WHAOK thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #9300 on: September 26, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »

Imperial Guard is the best Guard cause it's the Imperial Guard.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9301 on: September 26, 2017, 05:34:46 pm »

Yeah. It seems that the new IG Codex is going to be the equivalent of Eldar/Tau/Necron(/Grey Knight?) Cheese of old times.
I wonder what would updated Kriegers be like.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: September 26, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »

But are there still Elysians? IG paratroopers are best paratroopers.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: September 26, 2017, 06:58:37 pm »

Pour L'Empereur!

Okay, why is the thumbnail for each of those French chants a nearly-naked woman that does not actually appear in the video. That's like, the worst kind of trollbait, promising lewd photos but it's just French guys chanting.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: September 26, 2017, 07:07:42 pm »

So far the Mordians are looking to be a top contender for best army in the game.

Guard are already the best because of the changes to characters and morale, mortars are cheap and fire an ungodly amount of shots, conscripts with a commissar are cheap and basically indestructable for most lists and can't have objectives taken off them in competative play, and now Mordians can snipe other guard commissars so even other Imp Guard cannot oppose them.

Guard in general, commissars specifically, are in dire need of a points bump tbh.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: September 26, 2017, 09:16:48 pm »

And yet it looks like Leman russes are being made even cheaper.
My guard army is about to begin gathering dust, methinks, lest nobody wants to play against me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:17:33 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: September 26, 2017, 09:44:20 pm »

time to spam lemons
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:40 pm »

And yet it looks like Leman russes are being made even cheaper.
My guard army is about to begin gathering dust, methinks.
I dunno, last I checked death korps of krieg you can spam tons of infantry squads and still grab some artillery.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: September 27, 2017, 04:41:43 am »

[Praises the emperor]
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: September 27, 2017, 04:56:33 am »

Friggen Imperial Guard armies being able to take basilisks in 500pt games. Necrons have 20 warriors and 1 lord minimum and maximum at 500pts and, oh dear, blast templates don't allow reanimation rolls. I'm still upset about that about 8 years later.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: September 27, 2017, 05:08:34 am »

Why are Space Marines individually superior to Eldar? The Eldar should theoretically be better due to being "superior" and having access to greater technology, but the average Battle Brother will instead defeat multiple average Eldar before he himself is defeated. What excuse do the Eldar have for this performance?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: September 27, 2017, 05:21:48 am »

Eldar are much more fragile than a space marine, simple as that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: September 27, 2017, 05:28:11 am »

Well, I accidentally erased a lot of what I was going to say, but I guess my point could be summed up in comparing an old sports car to a modern day sedan, sure, the sedan is more technologically advanced, but the sports car had more effort put into it, so the differences are made up that way, Space Marines are perhaps one of the largest examples of force concentration barring Swarmlords or larger daemons and even an average Space Marine was handpicked from some of the best humans, and then exposed to absurd genetic modification and surgery plus the best power armor they can construct, comparing an average of the cream of the crop to the average of a higher average is still some unfair comparing.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: September 27, 2017, 08:17:52 am »

Well, I accidentally erased a lot of what I was going to say, but I guess my point could be summed up in comparing an old sports car to a modern day sedan, sure, the sedan is more technologically advanced, but the sports car had more effort put into it, so the differences are made up that way, Space Marines are perhaps one of the largest examples of force concentration barring Swarmlords or larger daemons and even an average Space Marine was handpicked from some of the best humans, and then exposed to absurd genetic modification and surgery plus the best power armor they can construct, comparing an average of the cream of the crop to the average of a higher average is still some unfair comparing.
Exactly. Humans in average suck at combat compared to the average eldar. That's an unfair match.

But Vacumm Seamen are made by the Emprah himself in his infinite wisdom, hence the superiority over the average eldar. If the eldar had something like a SM were the best of the best eldar were genetically augmented, cibernetically enhanced and backed up with the very best weapons and armor from before the fall.... well, that would be trouble for a lot of people.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 824