Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 419882 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Pfft! I was drowning in my own lung fluids because it caught on".

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

The supermarket hoarding crazy has started here too today.
Yesterday the goverment issued additional nationwide measures.
Gatherings of 100+ people are banned, public events cancelled, universities cancel all lectures, people are advised not to use public transport or visit elderly.
Parliament needs to convene about if they are still allowed to convene, since they are also more than 100 people (150).
At noon, a lot shelves in the supermarkets were empty or nearly so.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:04:56 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The good thing about having to come into work sick is they have toilet paper here, so I'll be set.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile

Greek sector update:

Schools and universities have been closed since a few days ago and as of yesterday the government has issued an order for certain places (theaters, cinemas, gyms, courts of law, large venues etc) to halt their operations as well. One of the largest shopping malls in Athens closed today because one of the coronavirus patients had visited it recently. Rumor has it that most of the retail shops (everything except supermarkets* and pharmacies) are going to halt operations in the upcoming days.

In addition to the above, the Ministry of Health declared that they are looking to hire up to 2000 extra (medical) personel.

*a friend of mine that works in one of those, said people have already started to panic-buying.

edit: With the total number of confirmed cases at 190, the lockdown now extends to all shopping malls, bars, cafes, restaurants and beauty salons.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:58:36 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

The mayor of Miami has tested positive.
This is after interacting with Brazil's Bolsonaro and his people.
Bolsonaro is Schrodinger's infectee right now with news of both positive and negative coming out.
It's very possible that Trump got it

Ivanka Trump and AG Barr recently met with an Australian official who tested positive

Reports are suggesting that Trump's gonna declare national emergency today and invoke the Stafford Act
Release the funds!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

✅Bolsonaro

⬜Trump

⬜Boris

⬜Ayatollah

⬜Duterte

⬜Orban

⬜Maduro

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

you do realize ayatollah is not his name, right
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you do realize ayatollah is not his name, right

It's Dutchling, so I would assume not.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

✅Bolsonaro

⬜Trump

⬜Boris

⬜Ayatollah

⬜Duterte

⬜Orban

⬜Maduro

⬜Obnoxious bernie brothers

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Bolsonaro is Schrodinger's infectee right now with news of both positive and negative coming out.
To Brazilian news he's said he's not infected. To foreign news he said he is. His son said he is to Fox.

So uh... yeah
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dutchling forgot a few deserving leaders there.

Kim
Putin
Xi

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I at least want dictatorial powers before getting on that list
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I've been looking at the number of cases in Spain and Italy and I think relative to rhe date od infection stuff is going far worse.

Edit: just spoke with a friend who works in public healthcare. His take: the rest of the country is going to be better, probably, but Madrid and other high density sites will probably be WORSE
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 12:41:34 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Denmark is closing down tomorrow.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 459