Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 419876 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19: Super Stay Home Edition
« Reply #1830 on: March 29, 2020, 09:32:43 pm »

There is talk about universal dnrs in the us. In the UK de facto already happening.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 29, 2020, 09:35:36 pm »

There is talk about universal dnrs in the us. In the UK de facto already happening.

Specifically, only for individuals that are confirmed to be infected by COVID-19.

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 29, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »

dnr = Do Not Resuscitate (“DNR”) (for dnrs googling gives link to something scammy-looking)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 29, 2020, 09:37:27 pm »

If you thought daughters from California were a problem before...

I can't see that ever been officially enforced - any hospital that tried would quickly be court ordered by the boomer brigade. Of course, many things happen in hospitals that nurses know of, but never speak aloud.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 29, 2020, 10:16:06 pm »

It's would be hilarious if it weren't so morbid that we spent 8 years arguing about fake "Death Panels" under Obama and here we're literally talking about the reality of the situation under Trump.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 29, 2020, 10:26:30 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/world/asia/coronavirus-india-migrants.html

Some of the workers have to walk for hundreds of miles back to home when the economy in New Delhi is halted. Non first-world countries face even bigger problems than Europe and US.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 29, 2020, 10:31:37 pm »

It's would be hilarious if it weren't so morbid that we spent 8 years arguing about fake "Death Panels" under Obama and here we're literally talking about the reality of the situation under Trump.
We always had that reality - groups of people who decide who gets what health care. Only instead of answering to the people or their representatives, they answer only to the insurance company shareholders.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 29, 2020, 10:37:02 pm »

I just thank all the gods that liquor stores are considered "essential services" and as such aren't required to shut down by the Aus government.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 29, 2020, 10:44:26 pm »

When they run out of hand sanitizer, where else can you buy refined ethanol, eh?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 29, 2020, 10:48:33 pm »

Specifically, only for individuals that are confirmed to be infected by COVID-19.
If you think they're going to stick to confirmed COVID19 patients you're more optimistic than I am. At present anyone and everyone can be a covid patient, regardless of the presence of symptoms.

I know of two cases in London where people died of conditions which weren't covid. Treatment was delayed because of fear that they might be covid19+
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 29, 2020, 10:51:04 pm »

I just thank all the gods that liquor stores are considered "essential services" and as such aren't required to shut down by the Aus government.   

Every job is essential, apparently. Although I appreciate the sentiment behind it. People are doing it pretty tough at the moment.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 29, 2020, 11:03:47 pm »

When they run out of hand sanitizer, where else can you buy refined ethanol, eh?
Haha, that reminds me of a joke I forgot to make - what are the alcoholics supposed to drink if you paranoid folks keep buying all the hand sanitiser?   

Every job is essential, apparently. Although I appreciate the sentiment behind it. People are doing it pretty tough at the moment.
Not entirely sure what you mean here, but I guess a lot of jobs are essential to the people working them. RIP.   
I do feel for them, but I'm just glad I can still buy booze, ya know?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 29, 2020, 11:19:37 pm »

Wash your hands with methylated spirits.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 29, 2020, 11:28:17 pm »

Inadvisable. Methyl alcohol is absorbed through the skin.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 29, 2020, 11:43:14 pm »

Florida, which is about to reach 5000 cases one day after reaching 4000. Increasing at a rate of 1000 cases or more a day is a distinction not many countries have reached (that we are aware of). Florida's about to reach it in its own right.

Liquour stores are also considered essential here in New York. This was met with much rejoicing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 459