Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2354065 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19635 on: September 05, 2015, 03:59:41 am »

I remember building a giant floating mobfarm on a freebuild server back in Alpha. It was a giant floating cobblestone monstrosity, with a small observation building containing a switch. If you flipped it, mobs would just start raining down onto a platform in the center. Good times.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19636 on: September 05, 2015, 04:41:20 am »

I HATE it when people decide it's a good idea to put in that mod that makes it so when you shift and dig/chop/mine a resource it automatically digs/chops/mines all of that resource around it. Can someone remind me of the name of this mod so I can turn it off?

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19637 on: September 05, 2015, 05:53:45 am »

Vein miner?

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19638 on: September 08, 2015, 04:43:04 pm »

There's a new server both my brother and I are hosting and I made a thread for it if anyone is interested.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19639 on: September 13, 2015, 03:41:27 pm »

I started the Blightfall mod today.... and the waypoints on all the teleporter things have been erased, leaving me stranded in one of the undeveloped locations, miles away from my chests and food and infrastructure.

Any idea on what could have caused it, or how to fix it without actually visiting everything again? I had scouted almost all the map :(

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19640 on: September 13, 2015, 05:08:45 pm »

I think the only thing you can do is get to one of the easier to find teleporters and rebuild your waypoint list by hand. Unless you mean you lost access to the other teleporters, in which case someone could give you the coordinates.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19641 on: September 13, 2015, 05:25:18 pm »

I have the coordinates. But in that mod, those teleporters are only activated after you visit them and click on them. Somehow, all of them got deactivated. Thankfully the map is small, so it shouldn't take too much to walk to the ones I actually use and reactivate them, but still it annoying. Especially for the farther teleporters which takes minecraft days to reach even by running ( and running consumes food, and food is hell)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: September 13, 2015, 10:35:12 pm »

I HATE it when people decide it's a good idea to put in that mod that makes it so when you shift and dig/chop/mine a resource it automatically digs/chops/mines all of that resource around it. Can someone remind me of the name of this mod so I can turn it off?

I only like it when it's trees. And only when it also has an additional shift-based function of not chopping entire trees down.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19643 on: September 13, 2015, 10:48:00 pm »

I only like it when it's trees. And only when it also has an additional shift-based function of not chopping entire trees down.
My brothers all love these things, I personally find them.. Not 'evil' or something but I just prefer normal. My only exception are two. Tinker's constructs upgraded tools, meaning working for them, or one I only saw like once in a pack that ate the tool you used per block like normal, so a tree might take half an axe AND the food. (does it take food? fuck I forget..)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: September 13, 2015, 11:06:14 pm »

The treecapinator? It took axe-value and food value, yeah. It was something I discovered after cutting down a BoP fir tree that took like, five minutes to get through.

I uninstalled and stuck with the tinker axe. I like it when my tree falls like a tree should: After you remove its trunk.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19645 on: September 13, 2015, 11:41:37 pm »

Yeah. Tinker's axe best imo, pretty much mandatory for me in mod packs now as I'm so used to the mod.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #19646 on: September 14, 2015, 02:38:52 am »

Tinker's Construct lumber axes are lulzy if you're playing with enough mods.

Make a Lumber Axe with a plastic head, thaumium handle and big plate, and paper binding.
Dump 450 Lapis, a Lava Crystal, a Diamond, an Emerald and 50 redstone on it, you now have an axe with the ability to cut down a large tree in about half a second of chopping, 7162 durability, and the ability to smelt every block of lumber on the tree into 3 charcoal.

You can dump on some of the other gubbins that add writeable slots to it if you want more redstone for more speed.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: September 14, 2015, 12:46:30 pm »

T-that's fantastic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: September 14, 2015, 03:11:23 pm »

TC drills are also amazing. They dig out a 3*3 square. If you have techmods you can put batteries on them for infinite durability.

I ended up naming my drill "portable quarry", I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: September 14, 2015, 03:30:57 pm »

Drills? I only ever used hammers. Which, alongside excavators, make great hill-clearing equipment.
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 1380