Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 229035 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement found
« Reply #765 on: December 01, 2010, 03:30:12 pm »

Also, i wont object to an extend.

There are no further extensions for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 01, 2010, 03:33:33 pm »

It is really unfortunate that Agent Operative is a perfect claim for Exterminator Operative.

Yes, but lynching the Ext-Operative is nowhere as useful as lynching the actual Ext. Or it would, except for that unused bot. He could be a) Agent-Op, which clears JTF; b) Ext-OP, which, under pressure, may have slipped the name of his master trying to clear him as town: JTF's bot and play would be consistent with his being the Ext; or c) Ext-Op with a different Ext altogether.

I find it funny that there's a three-way three-vote tie at the moment. Tie results in nolynch, yes? If so, Ottofar seems like the safer choice, and yet seems unsatisfying, as it leaves the Ext question utterly up in the air, and a night with lots of likely kills (ext+bot+dopps).

Jim's points are good ones, though: a) tech choices point to Agent-Op, and b) Leafsnail, what are your thoughts on the Dariush situation?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 01, 2010, 03:45:04 pm »

...another possibility: he is the Exterminator, claimed to save his skin, and lied about the scanner (as JTF had already claimed earlier, it would be a safe choice); his tech choices would also be consistent with an Ext, just switching the orb for a replicator or somesuch.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 01, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »

I dont see it in any kind safer.

Lynching Kamina would be best. He,s dropping scumtells like candy, buddying about anybody to save his little hide, And he hardly contribute to anything right now. The way he flips would give very usefull info, expecially about you (and apparently web). If he towns then you are pretty much cleared in my book, excuses are dones and laugh are had. If he flips Scum then you have a little to explain ...

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 01, 2010, 03:46:53 pm »

Also, since we dont get any more extensions, somebody has got to bend, a no lynch would not be productive.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 01, 2010, 03:50:33 pm »

Why would have Janus been scanned anyways? Agents get no assassin bots and Mr. P was the agent.

I think it might've been his bot, which killed Org, by Janus's command.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #771 on: December 01, 2010, 03:53:57 pm »

Mod: Could you make it clearer / make a list of which techs an Alien with a night action could use in addition to that night action?  Also, can more than one of those techs be used on the same night?

Important questions:
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Do you 'know' that there is a Guardian that didn't block the Exterminator because you are in contact with a Guardian through some means and they told you?  Yes or no, don't reveal more than this yes.
Dariush: If you're an Agent Operative, did you contact your Agent on Night 1?

Schemey potential plan:
Dariush can verify my alignment if we can verify his role and we seem to have at least one Guardian about (although they might be a dopp).

If Darius survives the night and nothing better comes comes up, I suggest we Sacrilynch him tomorrow (I don't feel so bad about doing it to Aliens). Then everyone claims to me tomorrow night and I dig for logical issues.

I would suggest it for tonight, except if he's telling the truth Dariush is town aligned with a significant amount of power remaining.

Because i dont think theres more than 1 guardian , and i know one, and i know he did no such blocks ? Thus if there is not 2 guardians, extie failed to act.
If you know there is a Guardian (and you're not the Guardian) that probably means that you inspected one (Detective or maybe a Telepath).  To know that he did no such blocks means that you probably asked and they said no.  Which could very well mean that they're actually a Dopp Guardian protecting another Dopp. 

Again, that's why i would like Kamina to hang. If he flip dopp, its not looking too good for Zath. Flips town ? Sad thing to lose a townie, but he aint doing much right now but switching votes or buddying anyway. and we got a pretty certain exterminator Mish cornered.
You seem to keep missing the point that the alignments of KaminaSquirtle and Zathras do *not* depend on one another. Just Zathras' role.

Well, extend,
You're really not paying any attention at all are you? There was a post just *two* before yours refering to no more extensions.  And I *really* doubt that you'd actually put them to any use if we get one.  You've already gone through 2 extensions today with no extra content.

I don't give a flying rat's ass what you think of webadict or KaminaSquirtle or anything related to the Exterminator.
OOC: Such an amusing expression. Would you give a flying rat's ass if you did care or didn't? Because I personally wouldn't have one to give in either case...

Crap. True. I find it embarrassing that I read several paranormals before this one started, and I keep making errors about the roles/rules regardless... Still, Dariush, action claim, please.
The rules are complicated. And some have changed. I doubt anyone knows exactly what's going on rulewise without looking it up. (Which isn't a bad thing, I like the complexity).

What if I say I'm an Agent Operative with an Assasin Bot and Stun Orb with me?
That saying it like this makes it sound like you have someone telling you what to claim. But it's actually a believable enough claim, especially since we know there was at least one Agent about.

Question: You learn who your Agent is the first night. Did you contact him?

I find it funny that there's a three-way three-vote tie at the moment. Tie results in nolynch, yes? If so, Ottofar seems like the safer choice, and yet seems unsatisfying, as it leaves the Ext question utterly up in the air, and a night with lots of likely kills (ext+bot+dopps).
Even funnier when you realize that you're not voting.  You should get on that.

Yes, it does mean there's lots of kills flying about, but that means there's even more kills likely to cross kill scum. And if we can believe Dariush's claim (I do, for now at least), then at least one of those kills is town aligned.  Doesn't mean much, but it does mean something.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 01, 2010, 03:57:12 pm »

There is a guardian, he did not block.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #773 on: December 01, 2010, 04:02:18 pm »

Also, since we dont get any more extensions, somebody has got to bend, a no lynch would not be productive.
There's time.  Less than I'd like, but there's still 4 hours until the end of the day.

Why would have Janus been scanned anyways? Agents get no assassin bots and Mr. P was the agent.

I think it might've been his bot, which killed Org, by Janus's command.
Why not? I was kicking up plenty of commotion on Day 1, so I was a prime target to verify. Solifuge became Mish during Day 1 and given what else we know about Mish, I doubt that he considered that his Agent might have been a Dopp.

And if it wasn't my bot that killed Org, then what was I doing on Night 1?

There is a guardian, he did not block.
Doesn't answer my question. I'll rephrase it.

Can you *confirm* this or did the hypothetical Guardian just *tell* you via PM or the like?  The emphasis is on the possibility that this hypothetical Guardian could have lied.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 01, 2010, 04:05:18 pm »

*Confirm*

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 01, 2010, 04:10:28 pm »

Schemey potential plan:[...]
I have some misgivings about this, but let's pick it up again tomorrow for discussion (if we're still here).

Quote from: jtf
Crap. True. I find it embarrassing that I read several paranormals before this one started, and I keep making errors about the roles/rules regardless... Still, Dariush, action claim, please.
The rules are complicated. And some have changed. I doubt anyone knows exactly what's going on rulewise without looking it up. (Which isn't a bad thing, I like the complexity).
Oh, me too, and it's the main reason I wanted to play one... I just wish I had done a better job.

Quote from: JTF
Even funnier when you realize that you're not voting.  You should get on that.
Yes, it does mean there's lots of kills flying about, but that means there's even more kills likely to cross kill scum. And if we can believe Dariush's claim (I do, for now at least), then at least one of those kills is town aligned.  Doesn't mean much, but it does mean something.
Yes, funnier, but that's why I'm thinking about it carefully instead of just flinging it about. I also would like to believe Dariush's claim, as it is indeed plausible and it would make one of the kills town's. On the other hand, it doesn't resolve the question: why didn't the Ext kill last night? Absence was the most likely choice, and Dariush is still the one who was absent (and did claim noaction for N2). This is the main reason I'm still considering voting him as the right choice. But yes, I'm still undecided.

As a possibility? Ext-killing Criptfeind; thus one of the dopps being MS and killing Org, letting you get away with your claim. On the other hand, if this were the case the Dopps would have dropped you last night, so who knows. I'm just saying that Dariush's claim doesn't clear you at all unless he is indeed the Agent-Op.

Also, MBP and you are playing a dangerous game. Useful, surely, but dangerous, especially as both your alignments are still undecided. But it will prove interesting, I'm sure.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 01, 2010, 04:13:12 pm »

Alien tech has been updated to show whether it uses up the night action or not.

Items that do not use up the night action can be used in any number per night, currently. That may change in future games, but for now that's how it is.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »

I don't know, killing Criptfeind?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 01, 2010, 04:19:53 pm »

Dariush is lying. He's the Exterminator.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #779 on: December 01, 2010, 04:34:14 pm »

In answer to Zathras' earlier scummitude ranking question
Ottofar and Leafsnail are the likliest scum.  KaminaSquirtle is next after them although that gets problematic if Ottofar is scum because I don't think he'd bus him.

I still think that Zathras has the potential to be a Dopp Warden having bussed Pandarsenic.  Of the 11 players remaining, he's in the top 3 likely to actually try that.  I don't think that KaminaSquirtle and Zathras are both scum, one or the other or neither, but not both.

I'm not getting any particular scum vibes at all of off webadict, other than lurking earlier, which feels strange in itself. I always get scum vibes from webadict.

Nothing in particular off Toaster either.

Jim Groovester is saying essentially what I'm thinking and has defended me which either means we are the same alignment and happen to be thinking alike or that he's buddying me.  I'm leaning towards the former.  A question though: If you were to order all 11 players by decreasing scummitude (1 being scummiest), where would you put me right now?

Argembarger... I can't really read. I just think he's new. Same with Mysteriousbluepuppet. Of the two, MBP strikes me as the scummier, roughly equally scummy as KaminaSquirtle.

I believe Dariush, which would make him town aligned.  Although lynchable as that would confirm me. :-\

JanusTwoface: Leafsnail
This is another reason why I think you're scummy.  It's not because of the OMGUS factor (although I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling it). It's because you've continued to insist that I'm scum and vote me since Day 1.  There are three Dopps and an Exterminator about, if you were really trying to help town I'd think that you would attack and/or vote someone that has a chance of being lynched today. Especially with all that's been going on. But you haven't.

As a possibility? Ext-killing Criptfeind; thus one of the dopps being MS and killing Org, letting you get away with your claim. On the other hand, if this were the case the Dopps would have dropped you last night, so who knows. I'm just saying that Dariush's claim doesn't clear you at all unless he is indeed the Agent-Op.
No, it doesn't. Didn't mean to imply that it did. The logical problem is a little over from that.  If I actually were the Exterminator, I could have killed both Criptfeind and Org, the Assassin Bot doesn't use an Alien's night action. So whatever Ottofar was getting at really doesn't make sense.

Also, MBP and you are playing a dangerous game. Useful, surely, but dangerous, especially as both your alignments are still undecided. But it will prove interesting, I'm sure.
Yes. I was basically rolefishing. But I think it's justified in this instance, because if he had just been *told* that the Guardian no-actioned, that would have made the Guardian being a Dopp much more likely IMO. 

Knowing that it is confirmed doesn't mean that the Guardian is guaranteed town by any means, but does mean we can trust the information that that particular Guardian didn't block the Exterminator last night (at least so far as we can trust Mysteriousbluepuppet).

Dariush is lying. He's the Exterminator.
Do you know this or are you webadicting it?  Because if you have evidence, then I'll consider it, but if you are going off a gut feeling, I think that Dariush is probably telling the truth.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66