Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207]

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 61019 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead
« Reply #3090 on: January 05, 2024, 12:30:40 am »

Oh, and if interested,

D2 item interfaces with EuchreJack,

D3 item attempted to interface with Toonyman

D5 item attempted to interface with CrystalizedMire

if any of you three are curious and want to look over what I would have done if I could, with you guys.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: January 05, 2024, 02:32:18 am »

Final Survey:

1: What's your impression of the game as a whole?
I think it was pretty balanced, and I had fun till the end.  Escpecially since I won.

2: What did you like and dislike about your role?

I liked my role. Liked all of it. Especially the kamikaze kill. Although I should have made better use of it.

3: What would you change about the setup or game rules to make the game better?
Dunno add more deaths maybe. Add rarer anti-town parties. But that probably doesn't make the game better.

4: Was the flavor enjoyable?
Yes it was. But it was a bit short. Which is to be expected in an 18 player game.

5: Any other comments to make?
Can't think of anything.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 05, 2024, 05:22:09 am »

Y'know... for all we can say banish isn't fun....

The people who controlled the banish actually viewed it as a store action.

They actually planned out and intended to use it as scum on scum protection.

sofanthiel — 12/19/2023 5:06 PM
If you're really worried about Imp, I can also ensure you survive to night 2 for your infestation ability to come into effect, though that would involve temporarily removing you from the game.
CrystalizedMire — 12/19/2023 5:07 PM
You could probably use guardian me on my first night and store me for the second

Kindly, Fal even stepped in, without being asked, and offered clear guidance:

Fallacy — 12/19/2023 5:08 PM
Event Horizon is not temporary - it's not a Night-long thing, it's permanent. The only end-condition to the banishment, in your role at least, is your own death (and subsequent non-revival).
sofanthiel — 12/19/2023 5:11 PM
I doubt I'll survive for much longer anyway, so Egan and BHK pushing for my lynching could make the two appear more town-like.

And they confirmed they wanted to do it that way.

They had a lot of time to think, D1 they planned the use of banish on CM, and they still wanted to do it D2.

Granted, it could have been used any other way.  But like TM's special 'I can choose to become anti-town if I wanna try!' being ideal for this game -

The people who had control over banish kinda used it the way it was wanted to be used.

Gives Fallacy another standing ovation. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 05, 2024, 06:35:27 am »

Okay, they may have used and intended the Action that way, but did you ask Knightwing if he wanted to be stored?

They could have locked up 1 or 2 Townies for several Days.  Maybe more if they got a reset power.  A power like that shouldn't be in the game (especially if using it to hide scum) because it disrupts the Day game.  Lurking as a power is bad.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: January 05, 2024, 08:06:39 am »

Final Survey:

1: What's your impression of the game as a whole?  I enjoyed myself. I thought the game was pretty well balanced for the three factions. The roles were interesting, surprising, but in general not too convoluted.

2: What did you like and dislike about your role?  I got about what I expected from the role, the powers made sense with the theme and it was a fun problem space trying to work out what order I should be as what identity.

3: What would you change about the setup or game rules to make the game better?  I think you might have made the fakeclaim space quite difficult for scum— Max knowing the exact nature and source of the mafiakill was pretty hard on them.

4: Was the flavor enjoyable?  No complaints. It's hard to make it coherent in a BYOR where all the elements could be anything.

5: Any other comments to make? Taking the extra time to balance the roles was a good idea and I think it paid off for you here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 05, 2024, 09:25:06 am »

Despite my initial aggravation, I liked this game. Getting out on Day 1 helped, as did being able to do something afterwards.

Thanks Imp for bringing me back into the game briefly. I appreciated it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: January 05, 2024, 12:09:43 pm »

Superwelcome, EuchreJack.  Looking forward to more games with you, whatever comes.  Wish we could have explored what we were apparently intended to discover in play :)  Maybe some other way will exist later.

Hey, Fal, question here.

Scum team seems convinced they don't know if there is a second scum team or not, or at least this member of it seems to not know, or know there is one.

CrystalizedMire — 12/28/2023 10:40 AM
I'm also completely convinced that Imp is second mafia team memeber so maybe I shoulc double infest them?

However, mason team seems convinced:

Elephant Parade — 01/02/2024 3:41 PM
I'm going to bring up the mafia-would-be-informed-of-a-second-team thing

Elephant Parade — 01/01/2024 6:28 PM
OK, so if Fallacy wasn't lying when they said they'd tell both teams if there was a second scumteam, and the dead scum in scumchat aren't lying when they imply they weren't told at the start that there was a second scumteam, then there's no second scumteam.

And the only source of this maybe is:

Jim Groovester — 12/30/2023 3:26 PM
The rules about a second mafia team aren't completely well thought through, since the second mafia would have a unique name and therefore know there are two mafia teams, which would be an advantage the first mafia team would not have.
Sooooo I don't really think there are two mafia teams.

Fallacy — 12/30/2023 3:26 PM
If there were multiple scumteams, I'd supply Info statements ensuring that the teams know of the existence of the other, for fairness.

Soo.... my question is... Fallacy, beyond the raw facts of 'fallacy', umm... can you (or anyone else?) help me understand why and how we ended up with such complete confusion about this?  Walk us through the 'mess' and why/how so many different people/groups believed so much that conflicted, and seemed to think sure you'd clarified?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: January 05, 2024, 10:38:19 pm »

Soo.... my question is... Fallacy, beyond the raw facts of 'fallacy', umm... can you (or anyone else?) help me understand why and how we ended up with such complete confusion about this?  Walk us through the 'mess' and why/how so many different people/groups believed so much that conflicted, and seemed to think sure you'd clarified?

Well, about two thirds of the confusion was Spin's fault. He threw out bussing, action duplication, and replicated action copies each night, leading to in-thread paranoia about 'the merger' and 'the necromancer' who were really just both Spin.

The remaining third is some mix of Pirate paranoia, banishing, and people not considering that CM might just have a double-action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 05, 2024, 10:43:36 pm »

It was a dynamic game.

Jim, the reluctant player, saved the town.

Toony was actually town all along.

Elephant Parade showed us that if he and Jim ever roll mafia together, town is royally screwed.

Added plot twist: Mafia dies AT NIGHT.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207]