Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Alright, Im really full of ideas.  (Read 19634 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alright, Im really full of ideas.
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 02:26:53 pm »

Yep so the other issue is that Conservatives are not asking for church run anything they are asking for freedom of religious expression.

So thus we kind of... destroyed the idea again.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 05:53:30 pm »

Yep so the other issue is that Conservatives are not asking for church run anything they are asking for freedom of religious expression.

So thus we kind of... destroyed the idea again.

IRL? Maybe.

In LCS? I think we can exaggerate a bit.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 08:48:47 pm »

Yes but we cannot make things up.

Do even crazy people think the Conservatives are trying to have church run state?

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 04:37:04 am »

Do even crazy people think the Conservatives are trying to have church run state?

Now, I think a "Religious Discrimination" issue can be used in a different way.

Let's say that, under C+ to L laws, there is an extremist church somewhere (like the Westboro Baptist Church) that is actively spreading hate towards atheists, gays and everything liberal.

The more conservative the "Religious Discrimination" issue, the more violent and crazy become the things they do.

Say, under C+ laws, they would directly attack the LCS and receive support from the government / the CCS / whatever;
Under C laws, they would raid universities and museums (as evolution-promoting organizations);
Under M laws, they would picket funerals of homosexuals (just like the real WBC does);
Under L laws, they would only be able to stand protesting in public spaces or commit minor activities;
Under L+ laws, they'd turn into a normal peaceful church. (At that moment, attacking the church becomes a negative activity.)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 05:47:45 am »

I like that idea. They also protested the burial of the children that were killed at Connecticut shooting. The Hell's Angels kept them back though.

I also have an idea for some fixes that I think are long overdue. One being that when you apply tasks in bulk, like say activism, the game will suggest causing trouble and volunteering to someone with 19+ computer skill. Another fix/change that could happen is how long it takes before gang members start to show up liberal. You'd think the dregs of society like them would become liberal first. But I have several C and M laws but all the gang members are still Conservative, even though the crack house is one of my bases.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2013, 11:16:34 am »

Many liberals, and, hell, even some more moderate conservatives, in real life think exactly that, yes. Not even just extremist hyper-atheists or anything.

So I think it's absolutely reasonable for extremists in the fantasy world of LCS to hold that view.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2013, 06:35:54 pm »

If you implement this, remember to remove the references to god made by liberals when they are near death.

Speaking of ideas, I was thinking about having two slots for weapons, one by each hand.
So, if you want to use a big weapon, like a rifle, it would take both slots because you probably can't fire an ak-47 with one hand.
If you want to use pistols, you could have one by hand. There would be two shoots per turn, but the one with the non dominant hand (let's say the first one is with the dominant hand and the second is with the non dominant or visceversa) would have less accuracy. If you use only one pistol, it should have even more accuracy than the dominant hand one.
If you want to use swords, having two would reduce damage and accuracy. Maybe the accuracy would go up with the sword skill, making using two only a good choice for really good fighters who will probably hit even with the reduced accuracy.
Two knives would have no penalty.
Maybe you could go out with a paint can and a pistol. This would be more realistic.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:38:48 pm by seth-- »
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2013, 07:42:12 pm »

Ok now as for "relevance" what was the last law passed involving Christians gaining more power?

The last I remember it was that they forced them to take down Christian knick knacks out of a government building.

How do you even represent that in the game?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:00:08 pm by Neonivek »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »

If you implement this, remember to remove the references to god made by liberals when they are near death.

Not necessarily. Theocracy =/= oblique, spontaneous references to god.

@Neonivek: There haven't been any recent laws that explicitly gives anyone more power based on religion. But many liberals and conservatives alike would say that most of the conservative ideals are at least somewhat religiously grounded.

"Christian knick knacks" were removed under a liberal law, obviously.

And this is LCS - even if it wasn't grounded in reality - which it sort of is -, we can expect it to be grossly exaggerated, as with every political issue.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2013, 08:23:59 pm »

Yes but we have to blow up political issues, not make them up.

Why don't we have Old Age Pension where the Conservatives kill anyone above the age of 60 and the Liberals allow people to live forever?

That has been said before... But that is somewhat uniconic.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2013, 08:44:30 pm »

Yes but we have to blow up political issues, not make them up.

Why don't we have Old Age Pension where the Conservatives kill anyone above the age of 60 and the Liberals allow people to live forever?

That has been said before... But that is somewhat uniconic.

We are blowing it up. We're taking a minor background issue and turning it into something ridiculous.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 08:48:12 pm »

Maybe the legality of sexual freedoms could tie into the religious issue, with appropriate social and even governmental punishments at appropriately conservative levels of the issue. At L+, preventive birth control is distributed for free by the government as a public service? At C+ maybe non sexually abstinent and not traditionally married citizens are relegated to a second class citizen through government documentation enabling cultural discrimination on a massive scale? At C this could be left to private institutions with political ties to the policymakers.

It might interfere with the current system though, so maybe just some new crimes to be charged with would work.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:57:30 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2013, 04:23:52 pm »

Alright, so since Foxy is going to add Gun law new papers in the next version, I thought there could be a new location downtown.
Shooting Range.

It would have a starting room like the police station, and another room with exclamation points, that when activated opens a prompt that lets you choose what skill you want to train in, and which liberal in the squad, the room having six, one for each member in the squad. Also a room next to the starting room that needs a disguise, and in there would be random weapons and clips.

Creatures.
All non-unique creatures.
Shooting instructors, random stats, starting skill in random weapons.

Items.
In the back room, weapons and clips.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2013, 04:44:18 pm »

YES.  It can be as expensive as hell so it isn't OP, but that would be great

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2013, 05:00:26 pm »

I was thinking maybe 0.50 or .25 points in the skill you choose it isn't so OP, and due to the fact most shooting ranger, where I live at least, are free.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11