Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: [OOC] The Birth of Equestria (Everything's green)[6/6]  (Read 13514 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] The Birth of Equestria (Everything's green)[6/6]
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »

Well I just mean simple things. He can do something as simple as asking you to deliver a package. Escalate as time goes on, get you to trust him(which being immature works in his favor, then), and help him. Etc. Just possibilities, may be nothing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2013, 01:11:08 pm »

Try to get me to trust him, unless he gives me gifts as well the odds of that are slim.
How many kids do you know who does as they're told without expecting something in return? Because my god daughter sure as hell doesn't you have to bribe her to get her off her ass.

Either way it should be fun but got a couple of days yet before we find out at least.

Btw from the perspective of the players characters who are already in how will they react to seeing a minotaur? Let alone being told to work with him and him being an overgrown child.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:31:55 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 01:35:10 pm »

Basayen thinks you're all a bunch of freaks anyway, so.

But yes, I was thinking he'd give you something. But also there's the part where if they hire you you work for them and have to do what they say anyway. Or get kicked out put in timeout.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »

What the ring says yes, what he says to me in secret without telling the others? Not so much because if he tries to force me all I have to do is make like a 6 year old and squeal on him to the rest of the ring.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2013, 02:09:27 pm »

Who says it'd be secret? Asking you to do simple things like delivering packages isn't illegal. If you squeal on him for something like that, the Ring's going to both see you as the boy who cried wolf and might think you can't be trusted.

Plus, choose an age damnit! Are you 12 and thus able to think and reason, just poorly, or are you six and accidentally killing squirrels when you try to pet them? :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2013, 02:17:45 pm »

Neither lol it was just an example since squealing tends to be a little kids thing rather then a young teen thing, I haven't settled on a mental age for him yet other then that it's less then 16.

Most likely around 12-14 years old mentally but add in social isolation to the mix and things get iffy, his actions will likely change frequently depending entirely on his emotional stability at the time.
Caine's law.

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2013, 08:08:25 pm »

Try to get me to trust him, unless he gives me gifts as well the odds of that are slim.
How many kids do you know who does as they're told without expecting something in return? Because my god daughter sure as hell doesn't you have to bribe her to get her off her ass.

Either way it should be fun but got a couple of days yet before we find out at least.

Btw from the perspective of the players characters who are already in how will they react to seeing a minotaur? Let alone being told to work with him and him being an overgrown child.

Borak: Ahh yes FINALLY someone whom I can rely on during combat to have my back. It was never the same ever since Cooper was taken back by the ring. What the heck happened to him anyways... But god thank you Hurricane! Another soldier to have my back. Ever since Cooper left I feel like I have been babysitting this group... especially Laywing! Useless feather brained pegasus.

After he gets to know him: *heavy drinking sounds*

Probably something along those lines

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2013, 09:27:52 pm »

Well it'd be scales not hurricane.
Caine's law.

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2013, 10:04:22 pm »

Well it'd be scales not hurricane.

Yes...

But he would assume it was Hurricane who was sending him a Minotaur beast to help him defend everyone else.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2013, 05:36:05 am »

Ahhh yeah.

Well gotta get chosen first.
Caine's law.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2013, 07:53:11 am »

Well gotta get chosen first.

I suspect the deck was stacked in our favor. It appears to be Aurora vs Autumn for the role of caster, Sam vs Sasha for the role of bruiser, and Basayen vs Mead Mix for the role of...whatever it is that Basayen does. In your case, your opponent is  a backstabbing opportunist whose first words to us were that she'd eaten pony before and who just told the Ring that she's previously been bought out and switched sides mid-war.

I suppose it would be possible for them to not choose between you. For example, choose Autumn or Mead Mix instead of either Sam or Sasha, but I don't really get the impression that any of the npcs are especially attractive recruits. For example, Autumn is a unicorn whose specialties are scouting, falconing, and weather control. If you want weather control, why would you have a unicorn do it instead of a pegasus? What purpose does falconing serve here? Is that how she scouts? If so the same question applies: why would you want a unicorn with a bird to scout for you in a world where a third of everyone is a pegasus? Her skills just don't make sense.

I'm just curious to see what the Council chooses to use as their reason for picking Basayen.

Same deal goes for you. Look at your competition. Mead Mix said his skills are haggling and making ponies laugh. Neither of those are especially awe-inspiringly useful here. Then he added in as an afterthought that he also does alchemy. Just from his name "Mead Mix," I'm guessing he's a brewer by trade. You've been a been quiet about Basayen's skillset, but surely you see how whatever it is you do is probably more useful to us than a brewer who ranks their skills at haggling and making ponies laugh above their alchemical skills.

To be fair, Aurora listed fondness for theatre and wine before magic, but I was doing it for comedy. I don't think the npcs were.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »

Whelp, there it is. Zebras are weird.

:D He is, in fact, playing the "Oh yeah, diplomatic relations, right..." card. Just subtly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »

Yeah right now Sams standing in a corner trying not to think about mass murdering all these people who talk far to much. ;)
Caine's law.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 02:53:35 am »

Zebras are weird.

I think it's more fun when you don't provide translations. :P

He is, in fact, playing the "Oh yeah, diplomatic relations, right..." card. Just subtly.

Personally I thought you came across as the advance scout of a hostile invading force.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 05:48:23 pm »

I didn't translate his native words. Just the words the screwed up, for the GM's sake.

As for the latter, that may or may not be precisely what he is or is not.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12