Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10968 10969 [10970] 10971 10972 ... 13313

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14870975 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164535 on: October 29, 2015, 12:00:23 pm »

Maybe the toys were only suitable for dorfs 11+?
Dwarves are adults at 10 though. So 11+ toys would just be regular tools.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #164536 on: October 29, 2015, 12:02:36 pm »

Maybe the toys were only suitable for dorfs 11+?
Dwarves are adults at 10 though. So 11+ toys would just be regular tools.

At twelve. I was thinking that it might be a specific 'screw you' to the dorves that hit childhood (as opposed to babydom) at the introduction of toys, so that they'd no longer be children when they could finally play with them.

Edit: there is a very, very good chance I will acquire a Windows tablet in the next few days. I've been wanting one forever.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:09:19 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #164537 on: October 29, 2015, 02:33:35 pm »

Latest episode of South Park, holy shit, they just keep outdoing themselves this season.

Seriously, this is easily the best run they've had, can't wait to see how they finish it up (or if they lead into the game like they did last time, that would've been awesome).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164538 on: October 29, 2015, 02:35:41 pm »

It just hit me how odd it is that Dorfs reach maturity at 12. Well, odd to me due to cultural differences, of course, but still-Funny thought considering. I wonder if we'll ever see teenage dwarves complaining and maybe even not working due to the usual teenage angst/rebellion? Maybe even have how they're raised effect that?

Food for thought, I guess.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164539 on: October 29, 2015, 02:39:04 pm »

Maybe a lot of them would go out to be adventurers or "journeymen" ("journeydwarves"?).  Or joining the overworld armies for a while.  Might even be a matter of fortress policy, how many young dwarves are allowed, or even encouraged, to journey out.  Since a lot wouldn't come back, but the ones who did would have useful skills.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164540 on: October 29, 2015, 02:43:45 pm »

Latest episode of South Park, holy shit, they just keep outdoing themselves this season.

Seriously, this is easily the best run they've had, can't wait to see how they finish it up (or if they lead into the game like they did last time, that would've been awesome).

I've been missing out on South Park episodes?! eeeeeeeeeeeeson 19

I don't have cable or any other tv service, so that sort of advertising does not exist for me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #164541 on: October 29, 2015, 02:46:07 pm »

Maybe teenage dwarves would be inclined to read necromancer books and different forms of artistic expression than their parents.
Urist McDwarf has been made unhappy lately by his child's choice of "music". He is unhappy about the people his child is hanging around with.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #164542 on: October 29, 2015, 02:51:23 pm »

Maybe a lot of them would go out to be adventurers or "journeymen" ("journeydwarves"?).  Or joining the overworld armies for a while.  Might even be a matter of fortress policy, how many young dwarves are allowed, or even encouraged, to journey out.  Since a lot wouldn't come back, but the ones who did would have useful skills.
i doubt it would be used much by good players, since farming skills isn't all that hard.

might be nice if you're new or dont want to micromanage/increase your wealth too much, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164543 on: October 29, 2015, 03:02:22 pm »

Maybe even go so far to set a cut off for when you are considered a child or not? Perhaps one dictated by your Civ.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164544 on: October 29, 2015, 03:16:30 pm »

It just hit me how odd it is that Dorfs reach maturity at 12. Well, odd to me due to cultural differences, of course, but still-Funny thought considering. I wonder if we'll ever see teenage dwarves complaining and maybe even not working due to the usual teenage angst/rebellion? Maybe even have how they're raised effect that?
It's not that weird, even if you assume they mature about the same as humans. A 12 year old child could do physical labour on a not-useless level, and deal with the responsibility of work and personal property and so on, given the right upbringing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164545 on: October 29, 2015, 03:17:42 pm »

I HAVE ALL THE CHOCOLATE

I also have a small party do deal with but I HAVE ALL THE CHOCOLATE
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #164546 on: October 29, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »

Quote from: Homework
Imagine a hash function that breaks the input into sequential 128 bit blocks and XORs them together, returning the result. Is this a good cryptographic hash function?
The answer is no, but because it fails at nearly every property a cryptographic hash function needs to have, with the "virtue" of doing so rather quickly, I'm going to refer to it as the Max Power Hash for the duration of this homework assignment.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #164547 on: October 29, 2015, 03:44:07 pm »

Maybe even go so far to set a cut off for when you are considered a child or not? Perhaps one dictated by your Civ.

inb4 child slavery becomes a fortress standard

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #164548 on: October 29, 2015, 03:50:29 pm »

Can you guess what happened?
KITAWIKI'S BACK!!!
Kitawiki has been gone for two weeks... but now it's back!
This was my avatar BEFORE the Kitawiki Crash:
And now here was my avatar(s) during the Kitawiki Crash: ,
And now here's my avatar right NOW! It ALSO has Kitawiki images!
Isn't that such a feat?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164549 on: October 29, 2015, 03:52:58 pm »

Quote from: Homework
Imagine a hash function that breaks the input into sequential 128 bit blocks and XORs them together, returning the result. Is this a good cryptographic hash function?
The answer is no, but because it fails at nearly every property a cryptographic hash function needs to have, with the "virtue" of doing so rather quickly, I'm going to refer to it as the Max Power Hash for the duration of this homework assignment.

I like when I use a hash function that gives my hash browns just the right amount of crispiness.
Pages: 1 ... 10968 10969 [10970] 10971 10972 ... 13313