Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 106872 times)

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #375 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:12 am »

living rock has no use for warlocks intentionaly?  :o

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 28, 2014, 03:28:14 pm »

and on a different note, my dear little Mistress has been on a break for about 3 years now  :D

shazin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 28, 2014, 04:19:08 pm »

Chiming in to ask if it is intentional that the mark of death spell has infinite, unobstructed range, because my overlord is constantly marking random cavern creatures from his near-top-of-the-map throne room. Seemingly less intentional is the charge ability given by the ghoul banner causes every ghoul on the map to cast charge on random passers-by and, I think, invaders.

Also, I noticed that a warlock I had turned into a beholder for one month didn't change back. Things to report: output stone for the two transformation reactions are the same, I changed the profession name of the beholder, and I added [NO_DRINK] to its raws because the beholder was about to die from dehydration. 

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 28, 2014, 04:32:01 pm »

Hello.
Read the forum, read the latest version of the readme. I have a problem that there seems to be already decided.   :(
I can not resurrect some warlocks. Skeletons raise stable, but warlocks selectively resurrected. I tried to put in the tomb, and in ordinary coffin, try a different distance to the altar, waiting for an entire season. Everything remains as before, some resurrected stable, others are not being raised at all (maybe only witches?). Perhaps due to some error game considers them alive. And then there was the case when I made out the coffin, skeletons moved remains to another coffin and then remains disappeared.
Also tired of ghosts sometimes appear in the midst of battle (still not had time to cool off a corpse) and kill others. Really powerful warlocks can not cope with them?
p.s. I hope enough correct translation  :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:39:01 pm by Myaso »

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »

It probably has to do with the condition of the warlock. It might be if they take too much damage they can't get back up. How did the warlocks die? Compare the ones you can raise vs the ones you can't?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2014, 07:53:38 pm »

Running the resurrect Warlock reaction multiple times should probably work. These sort of reactions have questionable targeting and don't always work the first time.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fenrisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:32 am »

A general question! Has there already been weapon testing for effectiveness in the warlock mod?

I'm too lazy and to busy right now to check the raws myself for the raw numbers, but I wondered about the effectiveness of whip weapons in the mod after noticing the time it took 5 ghouls with bone whips to take down an emu. I scanned the forum and couldn't find anything on the topic.

In your experience:

-What weapons are best for hunting wildlife in your experience?
-What weapons have the best performance in skeleton squads? - I was thinking of exploiting their inherited miner skill by giving them picks as standard issue.
-How do the ranged warlock weapons perform?

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2014, 06:09:06 am »

It probably has to do with the condition of the warlock. It might be if they take too much damage they can't get back up. How did the warlocks die? Compare the ones you can raise vs the ones you can't?
I used the command "deathcause". Here is what I found:
First warlock was killed by dwarf. Cause of death of the second warlock is "memorialized"  :o. I made only 4 slabs to the Graveyard, to memorializing not use any. I thought that in this unusual case of death. I noticed the remains of a warlock as forgotten, dismantled his tomb and tried to resurrect the previous warlock. No effect. Some time later, another warlock died (dehydration ), he was placed in the tomb, and raised the first attempt. And since his death until the resurrection, his ghost had to kill my last ghoul  :'(
And yet a third of my skeletons lie in the hospital. Can neither be repaired nor send to death. Tell me please, who is struggling with this as?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:25:40 am by Myaso »

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 29, 2014, 08:17:44 am »

Why are they in the hospital? Do you have a fleshmonger? Usually it's lack of thread or cloth that puts them there.

Fenrisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2014, 09:22:24 am »

Hello guys,
another question, this time concerning the necromantic altar.

I have a dead warlock and want to raise him. The reaction is available at the altar, but after running it nothing happens. I have enough souls available and the warlock is in a coffin right next to the altar... A hint that something doesn't work the way it should is, that there are always only three souls used in the reaction.

What am I doing wrong? Help is much appreciated!

Thx in advance!

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:03 am »

Why are they in the hospital? Do you have a fleshmonger? Usually it's lack of thread or cloth that puts them there.
They rested on the beds and not going to be repaired. I see only one way: to build a bed only for warlocks (ghouls all died, and I'm not the new plant). In general the problem somehow decided.
I have a dead warlock and want to raise him.
I have the same problem, also waiting advice =)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:29:32 am by Myaso »

shazin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2014, 10:02:57 am »

I have a dead warlock and want to raise him.
I have the same problem, also waiting advice =)

Although this could just be coincidence, I find that attempts at reviving warlocks and skeletons are most successful when there are no random limbs around the necro altar, just the main body (the part that shows the creature graphic).

Does reviving a creature in a coffin actually work? I usually just dump the corpse near the altar.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:05:54 am by shazin »

Myaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 29, 2014, 10:51:26 am »

I tomb warlocks are in one place. In each fold remains before the resurrection. The problem is that under the same conditions, some can raise, and some can not. The problem is not in the process, the problem themselves warlocks. Something different from the other ones.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:54:36 am by Myaso »

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 29, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

I've also had trouble raising anyone who had a limb or other body part come off and decays to "a partial skeleton".

I looked at the script but I can't make heads nor tails out of it. I want to say that it's genius, but it could also be the mad ramblings of the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred.

I didn't look at it for long because of a nameless fear that I might go gibbering mad. It was squamous.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 29, 2014, 11:29:18 am »

What I want out of warlocks is the ability to somehow transmute them into an undead lich. It's frustrating as all get out to have put all that effort into teaching spells to one of them and then have him get struck down by a berserk skeleton miner with a bone pick.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57