Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 107133 times)

AtomSoldat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #795 on: May 28, 2015, 01:30:08 pm »

Eldritch greetings to you!

I was wondering wether someone could help me with making wooden corkscrews for pumps.

My Warlock Fort happens to have been constructed on an aquifer and while i could probably handle that
without pumps, i'd very much prefer to know how to make them. Or do Warlocks not have access to Corkscrews?

I can make some other trap-components at my carpenter, but no corkscrews, as it would seem.

Will i need a Bone-Forge to make them out of bones?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 28, 2015, 02:34:12 pm »

Masterwork uses this other item for pumps, in place of the vanilla giant corkscrew which was sort of a dominant weapon trap component.

##########################################################################################################################
/// Pump mechanism are like enormous corkscrews, just way weaker in weapon traps. Intended just for screw pumps.
[ITEM_TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_PUMP]
[NAME:pump mechanism:pump mechanisms]
[SIZE:100]
[HITS:1]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[IS_SCREW]
[WOOD]
[METAL]
[ATTACK:EDGE:5:1:fall on:falls on:NO_SUB:5]

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:35:59 pm by smakemupagus »

AtomSoldat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 28, 2015, 04:10:53 pm »

Thanks! (:

As a sidenote, maybe it would help to have the error message refer to the lack of a pump mechanism instead of a screw.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:26:58 pm by AtomSoldat »

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 28, 2015, 05:48:34 pm »

I dunno if this would can't as a bug for the warlocks (for I haven't tried it with any other race) or the whole Masterwork Mod. But here it goes:

It says in the Warlock part of the manual, "You chose a nice site, just as always. Bonus points for embarking on a tomb or necromancers tower, which will be friendly to you. Just press SHIFT+E on the map to embark on them. " Yet when tried, you still cannot embark on towers of any site on the map for that matter.

I dug around in the folders and it seems that the "EmbarkEverywhere" mod isn't included, so I didn't know if this was integrated deeper in the mod or if it's just missing.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 29, 2015, 12:27:45 am »

It's not included anymore. Use this :
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=21351.0

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 29, 2015, 02:16:20 pm »

Thank you kind sir! Was just wondering if it was just me, or if the manual was wrong. Again, thank you.

ore9ore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 20, 2015, 11:07:55 pm »

I don't know if this thread is active, but here I go:

How does the Corruption Chamber work? If I simply add a task , a Warlock (sometimes a ghoul...) comes, and do nothing.

I thought that maybe I need to pasture a prisioner, so I made a pasture for the whole room. Nothing.
I tried to make a pasture only on the central square. It didn't work the 1st and 2nd time, but the 3rd time. However, I find something odd: "A prisioner has been killed and converted to a Ghoul" but the prisioner remains there.

Bug?

Thanks, and great mod!

Edit: I searched in this same thread, and I saw other person saying the same.
I hope "Reborn" gets warlocks too. Great work! Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:18:51 pm by ore9ore »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #802 on: June 21, 2015, 03:56:40 am »

Reborn will get necromancers as playable race. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dubem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 03, 2015, 07:42:33 am »

okay so i finally got into the whole raiding thing with the overlord and all that, and i finally managed to get a prisoner to interrogate, but there is just one little problem: the cages are made out of ironbone, and are "SPECIAL" cages, so they are extremely heavy and thus take ages to carry from one place to another, and are not listed in the animal stockpile...does anyone know which stockpile they belong to? (im pretty sure they aren't in the animal stockpile, i made an entire separate stockpile for cages and everything in the animal stockpile, disabled all that from my general stockpile, yet they did not store the cages from the raid in the new stockpile)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 03, 2015, 09:23:45 am »

I think they're under "tools" with no item sub-type; a lot of other misc objects are like that in MW, the trick is to sort the stocks by material for specific tools.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #805 on: July 08, 2015, 08:04:27 am »

Are soul phylacteries under the same tools category? I was attempting to make a stockpile for filled soul phylacteries but couldn't find them.

Herbalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 08, 2015, 01:29:03 pm »

Soul phylacteries and hourglasses are crowns if i remember correctly.
“It occurred to me that if I could invent a machine - a gun - which could by its rapidity of fire, enable one man to do as much battle duty as a hundred, that it would, to a large extent supersede the necessity of large armies, and consequently, exposure to battle and disease [would] be greatly diminished.”
― Richard Jordan Gatling

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #807 on: July 08, 2015, 01:46:53 pm »

Soul phylacteries and hourglasses are crowns if i remember correctly.
Huh... I'll check and see. Thanks!

do filled phylacteries lose their material? I'll have to see if there is an easy way to sort them. Ideally I'd like a soul vault with all of my filled soul phylacteries and leave my empty hourglasses near the syphon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #808 on: July 09, 2015, 08:31:12 am »

Well I didn't get around to finding out because I have had unending elf sieges. Do ethereal blocks have a value? Because I must have bumped my fort wealth up something crazy to get this kind of response. 70+ elves and assorted woodland creatures. Oh and at the same time two liches showed up, but they weren't really interested in my fortress. They fought the elves for a while and now everyone is sulking outside my walls while skeletons plink away at them with bows.

Speaking of, you know what's really annoying? I didn't realize ethereal bows and such had quality, so my warlocks were churning out masterwork ethereal bows and then throwing tantrums when they vanished. Also isn't there supposed to be a reaction to just make ethereal arrows? I don't need to keep making bows if I can just crank out unlimited ammunition and use normal boring ironbone bows or something.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 12, 2015, 11:24:28 pm »

Speaking of, you know what's really annoying? I didn't realize ethereal bows and such had quality, so my warlocks were churning out masterwork ethereal bows and then throwing tantrums when they vanished. Also isn't there supposed to be a reaction to just make ethereal arrows? I don't need to keep making bows if I can just crank out unlimited ammunition and use normal boring ironbone bows or something.

From what I remember, that's a feature. Drawing too deeply from the ether being damaging to your sanity is how I remember it being explained in-fluff.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57