Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 7 [10/12]  (Read 7210 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 7 [10/12]
« on: July 08, 2020, 12:43:33 pm »

OOC

Cycle 0
Within the Crystal Sphere is perfection and glory.
Outside the Crystal Sphere is nothing.

With a crescendo of harmonics and the blooming of the first stars upon the walls of the Crystal Sphere, the twelve Resplendent worlds are born from themselves, coming into being within the comforting embrace of the aether.

- Levis est geminae, born under the Gemini! The eternally singular twin, the Sphere of Light who illuminates all within the Crystal Sphere! Rainbows dancing with Aurorae, Lasers hunting Haloes![+1 Spherical alignment]we all know what happened to the second~
- Eschara, born under the Nest! The ever growing and dying, the Sphere of Plants who thrives under the light! A trillion blooming flowers, a trillion strangling vines, a trillion trees, a trillion seeds![+1 Spherical alignment]
- Ferrous, born under the Anvil! The noble smith, the varied Sphere of Metal, reflecting the glory of Lux! Mercury rivers running over plains of copper, magnetite sailing stones traveling across the leaden mountains! [+1 Spherical alignment]
- AWE, born under the Sun! The hoping and thirsting, the Sphere of Asbestos, ultimate material! Stone and cloth, giver of life, protector from flame, the grim reaper, the greatest fuel! [+1 Spherical alignment] The True Philosophers Stone!
- Coruxion, born under the Eye! Bringer of Prosperous Ruin, the glittering Sphere of Crystal, aspects of sacred geometry! Aloof and disdaining of the prisms dancing among ruby, sapphire, diamond and emerald! [+2 Spherical alignment]

- Ύπνος, born under the Moon! The Sphere of Slumber, that steals away all your unconscious moments and breeds of them useless dreams and fancies! [-3 Spherical alignment]
- Sheroad, born under the Compass! Decadent Sphere of Trade, where all that is material is gathered to mix with itself in a melting pot of disorder! [-2 Spherical alignment]
- Sculptor, born under the Tower! The envious Sphere of Beauty, a perfect mirror ball who attempts to catch the glories of better spheres within itself! [-1 Spherical alignment]
- Marrow, born under the Fool! The rigidly mechanistic Sphere of Souls, where spirit is ground up by uncaring ghost gears into a more primordial state to feed twisted appetites! [-1 Spherical alignment] THEROOTTHEROOTTHEROOT
- Bakukik, born under the Axe! Limpwristed, feeble, Sphere of Justice, a shadowy realm that barely clings to existence! [-1 Spherical alignment]
- Utugar, born under the Seat! Lordly Sphere of Throne, wellspring of authority, an endless labyrinth of throne rooms, anointment chambers, and the various miscellany of rulership! [+0 Spherical alignment]
- Lohrasil, born under the Jack! Defier of the heavenly tracks of destiny, Sphere of Luck, where the stars seem disordered, a region of warped space! [-4 Spherical alignment]

The Resplendent Worlds revel in their own existence, their own grandeur and being, the symphony of the spheres. Around them shine the twelve constellations, though paling before Levis est geminae.

The Anvil is Ascendant! Acts of industry and creation flourish under it.

The Crystal Sphere hums the cosmic background. A Mandate

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 11:56:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 0 [12/12]
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 12:54:23 pm »

PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 01:06:21 pm »

Resplendent, ponderings, is my beauty reflected or does it wish to steal it. Who is the one born under the pale sun? Where is the twin. It does not exist.

"I DECREE, that all that flourishes does so, for my body shines upon them the planets life, tied to the warm light of my pink sun."

So done, the resplendent world happily moves around observing the new world. Free of darkness within the heart, where is darkness, Light is all that exists.
Humming a tune gaily, her voice chipper and light..
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:08:45 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 01:14:47 pm »

CORUXION trembles with rage. The ambition of CORUXION is rumbling. The Eye turns red like a blood jewel.

"By the will of the FATES, by the will of my absolute being, I declare MYSELF as the CRYSTAL SPHERE. The false SPHERE shall be known as the FALSE SPHERE, a pretender to MY RULE.

By this DIVINE DECREE, it is SO."

Coruxion uses a Decree to claim the Crystal Sphere, declaring themselves as the one true Crystal Sphere!

Next CORUXION hammers with a fulminous beat. Unseen teeth gnawing at an abstract bone.

"I AM THE CRYSTAL SPHERE."

Coruxion uses a Working to DEVOUR the Crystal Sphere!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:18:43 pm by Nakéen »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 01:24:50 pm »

”We are all bound in orbit around the Crystal Sphere. It sounds foolish for a moon to claim to be the planet that it orbits. The moon I now make is not me, and it would be foolish to claim that it is.”
Eschara uses a Decree to make a moon around her

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 01:34:25 pm »

Utugar looks upon the emptiness with disdain. How dare the lack-of-things not submit to his rule! Utugar will fix it in time, but first, the marks of legitimacy:

"Born am I, crowned and unturning! AE GHARTOK PADHOME, AE CHAO AE BAL AE NESET UTUGAR!"

Utugar Decrees that the Levis-sun and incoming ringworld are his crown-throne!

Utugar also uses a Working to try to change the pearl Levis-sun to a more sensible gem color like diamond, sapphire, ruby, or emerald (but doesn't particularly care if this doesn't quite work) and Descends, leaving behind a vaguely crown-shaped ringworld around the Levis-sun. The dark side, the side facing away from the Levis-sun, is rich with precious gold and massive gem deposits representing all of the gods (but Utugar most of all). Utugar delegates the choice of individual gem to his loyal vassals the other gods, of course.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:31:11 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 01:47:22 pm »

"For it seems that my siblings will not be peaceful, my decree is to allow the life to move from one world to the next, I decree pillars of land starching across the ether like a web, centered upon my world, not connected to any other but stand near them."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:49:47 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 02:17:00 pm »

I feel the Fates working against me, my power feeble like the newborn baby that i am. This is unfair.. It is my first tought. Why does fate conspire against me while favoring other. Are they better than me? Kinder? Are we not all equally innocent? This is unfair, and unfairness will not stand  Hear me Fates, hear the words of Bakukik, born of the axe. No more shall you be blind, granting banes and boons at random, but you will raise the just and cast down the cruel. By the my resplendant power, let my will be done!

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 03:04:50 pm »

Lohrasil laughs into the void.
"Greetings, it is I Lohrasil, god of luck. I order a decree that none shall be set in place. All power, glory, and wealth shall be able to freely fluctuate between us."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 03:07:53 pm »

Of dreaming Mind's Eye, images of this bright world enrapture.
              Roiling, turning, toiling, churning.
Aether soaked in presence divine, blinding, obscured Crystal captor.
              Reality, illusory, abjuring, yearning.

Ύπνος, world of waking slumber, speaks naught, thinks naught, acts naught, decrees naught.
Subconscious in forme, silent in nature, breaks from the bounds of the celestial ring, without purpose, and with purpose.
Dreaming World of potential infinite, in working, meanders at glacial pace beyond the lucid Cruxion which is become the sphere,
And further. Drifting to picture the indefinite finite edge. Wandering of empty mind, wandering of barren body.
I've lost control of my life.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 08:01:38 pm »

This is the word of the Anvil. This is the word of Industry. This is the word of Ferrous.
Let it be known that of all materials, the Metals are exalted above them. One may construct a hammer of wood, a sword of glass, a castle of stone, a crown of thorns, but one makes a Hammer of Bronze, a Sword of Steel, a Castle of Iron, a Crown of Gold. In all manners, Metal excels.
This in the name of the Anvil. This in the name of Industry. This in the name of Ferrous.

Spoiler: Maybe later (click to show/hide)

1:3 And lo, as this Decree descended upon the False Sphere and all within it, so too did Ferrous will be set to work. 1:4 He set upon a great mount of Gold, Silver, and Platinum, and dismantled it to cubes, each sided by one cubit. 1:5 These, Ferrous took to hammer upon the Anvil, until each and every one was a radiant Star, glowing with the heat of the Forge and resplendent in their display of Metallic glory. 1:6 And with the Stars constructed, Ferrous did take them to the skies above, to be scattered across that all who come after may know His work. 1:7 And so, between the twelve constellations of the gods were made many smaller in kind, such as the Hammer, the Sword, and the Shield.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 02:03:50 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 08:15:45 pm »

The Zeroeth Precept is VOIDd; is null. AE AUK TABUM.
The First Precept is RUT; is pointless. AE AUK TABUM.
The Second Precept is AWE; is existent. AE AUK ATCRE.

Awe Descends unto the lowly form of  a Radiant Realm of Asbestos, shedding his shell-skin as an asteroid belt that orbit the Worlds. It is aptly known as the Asbestos Belt.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 12:44:54 pm »

Marrow looked upon the world and thought it empty, the heavens full sure, but the world without those smaller than himself. To look upon the world, it was nothing from this perspective. It's minute details lost to the scope of his vantage. And so Marrow knew then, that he needed more perspectives. Marrow reached down to the world and uttered an edict so that the first born of this world might rise to see it from angles he could not.

Edict: Raise the First Born

And the first come to the world, peaceful and gentle giants who's endless lives will allow them to ponder the meanings of the stars and whos eyes may see the works of the gods and wonder at their majesty. Not a proper race of mortals, and perhaps they shant even rise, yet, I cannot wish to bring them life, if only long enough to understand the futility of their short existence.

Marrow then turned to the heavens, and set about his work. He reached out into the asteroid belt and found them quite suitable. He took a good number of the small ones and laid them around the sun, as closely as he could without them melting or falling in, so that they all sat between the rim world and the sun. Marrow then painstakingly dipped each one in the fires of the sun to soften it, and then stuck it to another. He did this until a perfect and smooth ring was forged. Marrow set it spinning around the sun so that it may cast a dark shadow as the ring passed between the sun and the rest of the world.

Work: Construct the Midnight Band

And now the cycles may be understood and followed, a ceaseless tide which all else may be marked by. The gift is not only of darkness, so that one may rest, but of the light that proceeds and follows. Here is the gift of time, may it flow forth from me unto my children.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2020, 01:48:26 pm »

"More beauty!"

Decree: The Sculptor births a beautiful moon daughter-wife, perfectly reflective that they might reflect each other's reflections in endless splendor.

Working: The Sculptor takes some of the gems from the ringworld (his own diamonds in every color among them), polishes them to perfect clarity, and sets them looping through the aether, that all  might have dazzling ornaments to view.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 1 [12/12]
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 04:57:09 am »

*͗ͤ͆̒͛ͭK̢N̷͑̾͋ͩ͑̆͂Ö̌̌ͭͤ͗͠Ç̈ͭ̓́ͩͤ̿Kͧ͒̚*̶ͨ̄̔̏̔͋ ̂͐͒ͦ͝*̢̓ͣ͑͛͒ͨK̓ͤ͞Nͧ͟Ơ̄͑̀Cͨͣ̆͘K̒̓̐̈͑͊*ͪ̀ ͣ̈́ͪ͑̍͞*̓̒̉̄Kͮ͆̄N̎͑͌̒͌͞Ỏ̽̓ͬ͞CK̓*ͧ̓ͮ͆͐͘

Spoiler: nothing to see here (click to show/hide)

Cycle 1
The Crystal Sphere is Perfect
The Crystal Sphere is Eternal
There is nothing without the Crystal Sphere

The Anvil hangs above the Resplendant Worlds

The Sphere of Souls screeches with stellar booms, cracking apart the aether to bring into existence a constellation of stone moonlets, its Firstborn, covered in never blinking, ever staring crystal eyes and mouths and ears with vestigial arms that wave idly in the aether winds. They slowly disperse on the melody currents and spherical fluxes, scattered all over. They screech at each other about logic through their many mouths, speaking in fractured echoes distorting and mutating over time, never creating or pioneering, never new or original, going in endless circles.
[-1 Spherical Alignment]

The Anvil plants within the Firstborn an archival seed, that attempts to record the decrees of the Twelve.

Drawing from the source of authority, the Sphere of Throne bends time to decree that the Pink Sun shall be its crown, and the ring-world shall be its throne! When the crown is donned, and they are seated upon the throne, Utugar shall find that many things obey them!

"I DECREE, that all that flourishes does so, for my body shines upon them the planets life, tied to the warm light of my pink sun."
- Levis est geminae, Resplendent World of Light, the First Cycle

With great solemnity and grim seriousness, the Sphere of Light declares itself the source and wellspring of all life, cementing their status as the great pink sun which illuminates all with their glory, eagerly devouring any shadows before they can be cast.
[+1 Spherical Alignment]

With fatalism and joy, the Sphere of Plants utters their moon-daughter into existence, feeding her its own plantflesh to help in growing big and strong.

A small (compared to Eschara) ball of hardwoods that grows ever outwards, eagerly drinking in the pink sunlight as the inner core dies off, fossilizes and compresses inwards. The Wood Moon happily circles around their parent sphere, burbling and chuckling in plant language of leaves, pollen and flowers and the slow flowing of sap.
[+1 Spherical Alignment]

The auspicious light of the Anvil causes a copper tree that bears precious nectarines to sprout on the Wood Moon.

The Throne-Sphere attempts to add dyes and toxins to the Pink Sun to change it to a more pleasing shade but finds that this working has insufficient foundation in character and so reality refuses to co-operate with their efforts.
[Working failed]

"For it seems that my siblings will not be peaceful, my decree is to allow the life to move from one world to the next, I decree pillars of land starching[sic] across the ether like a web, centered upon my world, not connected to any other but stand near them."
- Sheroad, Resplendent World of Trade, the First Cycle

Like a cunning spider, the Sphere of Trade weaves their words in a great web spanning across much of the Crystal Sphere, winding sky-roads that tease and tempt the twelve resplendent worlds but never quite touch them.
[+1 Spheric Alignment]

The well-timed light of the Anvil turns the Sky-Roads into shimmering rainbow bridges that will chase after the worlds as they change, move and are destroyed and created.

The Sphere of Beauty declaims reflected, reversed, distorted poetry, which congeals into the most beautiful sphere in creation, his daughter-wife, the Mirror-Moon. Instantly, the Sculptor is jealous of their sculpture's beauty, just as their daughter-wife envies their father-husband's power. Superficially cordial and obedient, the Mirror-Moon orbits her husband, and where they face each other they present an infinite fractal microcosm of reflections. Pink sunlight dances along their surfaces.

The Sculptor pretends to be happy that he has increased the beauty total, and that he can reflect more perfection.

The reflection of the Anvil endows the Mirror-Moon with an enchanting singing voice and mastery of dance.

The Mirror-Moon hides her disdain for the Anvil behind graceful gratitude.
[+1 Spherical Alignment]

*static*Fates*static*axe.*static*blind*static*random*static*cruel*static*resplendant*static*will be done!
- Resplendant World[?] of Justice[?]

The Sphere of Justice pronounces into being the karmic system of discord and harmony. Those who go out of tune are punished by fate, those who follow the melodic streams prosper. It is known that cruelty is discordant and disruptive of the musical order.

"I Lohrasil, god of luck. I order a decree that none shall be set in place. All power, glory, and wealth shall be able to freely fluctuate between us."
- LOHRASIL, RESPLENDENT WORLD OF LUCK

The Sphere of Luck stutters incoherently clears their sphere-throat and goes to sleep begins to descend, casting off their shell as a giant ivory moon speak into being the avenging star that is fated to kill them an attack on the stability of the Crystal Sphere. Change and flux causes the Sphere of Luck to pop out of existence can now raise the low up high and cast the high down low.
[-2 Spherical Alignment] [+2 Discord]
[By Karmic Decree, the Sphere of Luck must descend, pulled down low.]

Uttering secret words of forge and hammer, the Sphere of Metal disassembles their own being into great cubits of material, which under its instruction turn into glorious stars radiating with forged heat, and did then adorn the Crystal Sphere with stars of gold and silver and platinum, filling up the skies with dots of metallic splendour.
[+2 Spheric Alignment]
[+1 Decree]

Taking the lead with ambition, AWE is the first of the resplendant worlds to descend. With hope, they take up solar knives, cutting themselves into many tiny chunks with surgical precision, each cut letting loose a spray of asbestos blood which joins with the aether. Again and again they cut away at the Sphere of Asbestos, throwing their remnants beyond all the worlds, to circle around them in a great asteroidal belt that slowly takes shape.

At last the work is done, and AWE emerges as a Radiant Realm, a burning clockwork asbestos organ, that begins to be pulled towards the Sphere of Metal by the material laws of the Crystal Sphere. If no intervention occurs, AWE will land upon the Resplendant Ferrous at the beginning of the Second Cycle.
[+1 Spherical Alignment]
[AWE becomes a Radiant Realm]
[Asbestos Asteroid Belt Remnant created]

Reeling from chronal backlash, Utugar is the second to descend, unravelling themselves into a thick bolt of cloth which they tailor into the ring-shaped Throne-World which encircles the Pink Sun-Crown. The outer, less bright side of the Throne-World is encrusted with a thick bounty of gold and gems, its inner face a looping desert of metallic sands.

The Radiant Throne-Realm, a continental asbestos ruler-chair, lands upon the Throne-World with a soft *thump*.
[+1 Spherical Alignment]
[Utugar becomes a Radiant Realm]
[Ringed Throne-World Remnant Created]

Humming a merry tune, the Pink Sun skips happily across reality oohing and aahing at the sky roads, trying to talk to the Firstborn who just mindlessly repeats whatever she says to them, being gifted a tangerine by the copper tree of the Wood Moon, which her Sun-Dogs jealously guard, and touring the perfect, completely solid and opaque barrier of the Crystal Sphere, beyond which there is nothing.
[+1 Harmony]

The Sphere of Beauty grabs the opportunity when the Pink Crown-Sun wanders closer to him, as with gravitical finesse he mine various gems from the throne-world, fashioning dazzling gem-stars.These he sets loose within the Aether, for the delight of the Resplendant Worlds and their Moon-Daughters.

Refractions of the Anvil blesses the Gem-Stars with pleasing resonances, which adds notes to the spherical harmony as they dance among the Resplendant Worlds.

[+2 Spherical Alignment]
[+1 Decree]
[+1 Harmony]

As Abestos meteors sang past it, the Sphere of Soul dragged many into its spectral orbit with ghostly roots. As the Pink Crown-Sun graced with a visit, the Sphere of Souls flirted with one above its station, suggestively pushing asbestos asteroids into the pink corona to be melted. Though it took time, and many risque moves, eventually the asbestos was melted down but Marrow lacked the skill or fortitude of character to weave them into his vision. Instead it ends with a lumpy blob of Asbestos which stubbornly hangs around, ever reminding the Sphere of Soul of its own incompetence.
[Working and Solar Courtship Failed]

The Sphere of Slumber slumbers. Do not believe their lies.

"By the will of the FATES, by the will of my absolute being, I declare MYSELF as the CRYSTAL SPHERE. *static* FALSE SPHERE, a pretender *static*. By this DIVINE DECREE, it is SO."
- Coruxion, Resplendant World of Crystal, the First Cycle

With unending generosity, the Sphere of Crystal offers itself up as tribute to the Crystal Sphere. Propelled by the might of its own decree, it is catapulted into the embrace of Holy Infinity. Seeking to hasten the assimilation it attempts to gnaw at the sky, but finds its bite lacking in character. Slowly, it feels its mass being melted into greatness, as it becomes the Crystal Sphere.

Eventually all that remains unsubsumed, an angel of endlessly nested crystal wheels, which constantly sing the glories of the Crystal Sphere. Coruxion the Radiant Realm of Crystal.

By celestial mechanics, Coruxion is drawn to the Sphere of Plants and will touch down among its leafy expanses at the beginning of the second cycle barring intervention.

[+2 Spheric Alignment]
[+1 Decree]
[+2 Harmony]
[Coruxian has descended into a Radiant Realm]
[The Sphere of Crystal Remnant has been subsumed into the Crystal Sphere]

The Sun is Ascendant! Let struggles be won, let the mind overcome fear and illusion. Renewal.

The Crystal Sphere conducts the Karmic Harmony.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:18:50 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8