Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1585654 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! OKAY. Time to change the subject!
« Reply #1170 on: July 23, 2010, 03:52:56 pm »

I had two sideways, but they'd grown out already. Just local anaesthetic, and they were cut to pieces to get them out. The other two were done by my dad, also with just a local, but one broke in half while pulling, as it had a major cavity already.

After that, for 1.5 weeks, I became a superhero.
Hamsterman, hamsterman, can do anything that a hamster can.  ::)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 23, 2010, 04:28:37 pm »

Had my Year 13 (aka. end of College) prom recently. Here I am accepting the prom award for, I sh!t you not, Most Stylish Male:

Looking camp as fuck fabulous as usual.

Dancing ^^
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:31:31 pm by TheDarkJay »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:36 pm »

My bottom 2 were both directly over the nerve (the nerve actually went between the roots) and so had to be split down the middle and taken out that way. The top left will be especially annoying since the second (extra) tooth was above the first and nestled up against the sinus cavity. As such I can't blow my nose any time soon for fear of all sorts of nasties occuring. And ya, straws or negative pressure of any sort would be very bad.

Frakking vestigial features... Life would be so much easier had we been intelligently designed. >_>

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 23, 2010, 08:26:18 pm »

@TheDarkJay: Good crap sir, you're more camp gay then I am.

Regarding wisdom teeth, I got one, was deciding if I should remove it or not. Apparently my dentist said that due to its position and the braces I wore before, that there was no real need to extract it, but if I didn't it'd be painful for a month or two due to it growing under a small mass of my mouth's flesh, which would gradualy come off as it grew. I ended up swallowing small chunks of my own flesh every once in a while.

That was years ago though, today it makes absolutely no difference and my teeth's positions are quite intact. I don't know why some people choose to remove their wisdom teeth, it wasn't so bad.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:27:54 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 23, 2010, 08:37:31 pm »

That was years ago though, today it makes absolutely no difference and my teeth's positions are quite intact. I don't know why some people choose to remove their wisdom teeth, it wasn't so bad.

Are you really asking this?

Not everyone's wisdom teeth come in the same. Sometimes they get impacted, sometimes they attempt to grow in where there are already other teeth, and in general they can cause a whole lot of trouble for some people.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 23, 2010, 08:42:41 pm »

Yup.  Three impacted teeth for me.

I also ended up having awesome double-canines for a while, because my mature teeth didn't manage to push the baby teeth out correctly.  They resolved themselves, though, fortunately enough.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 23, 2010, 09:05:33 pm »

No no no, I mean choosing as in actualy having a choice. Impacted ones need to be removed or the consequences can be serious, but some people I know actualy chose to remove their wisdom teeth even when it posed no threat. Apparently there's an old trend going on about wisdom teeth being overall bad.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »

Man, I had some of the most badass dental surgery ever.  Crazy teeth run in my family, and I've always had issues.  They're straight now, but for a while, jeez.  Anyway, things were bad to begin with, but when my wisdom teeth came in everything went to hell.  Let's see.  Three wisdom teeth had to be removed (One was allowed to stay because the molar next to it had to be removed due to abscess.  I know, crazy that happened at the same time).  In addition, that molar had to be removed, and two upper cuspids had to be removed to make room up there.  Then they put braces on me and everything glided into order.  You can't even tell there are teeth missing.  Feels good man.

Oh, and I dry-socketed.  My mouth hates me.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 23, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »

I've had a couple teeth removed but nothing straightened, never needed it.  Have a few cavities though.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 24, 2010, 06:37:30 am »

Last year I had my first real cavity. I must be getting old :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 24, 2010, 07:09:14 am »

As far as teeth go, I'm blessed. All's straight and I never even had a hole or something, I and I used to be a… less than avid toothbrusher :P
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 24, 2010, 01:46:22 pm »

Do I look like a hipster in this pic?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 24, 2010, 01:47:54 pm »

Yes.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Teeth and hipsters!
« Reply #1183 on: July 24, 2010, 02:20:40 pm »

I want these braces off.
I have a fear of the orthodontist.
 :-\
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Teeth and hipsters!
« Reply #1184 on: July 24, 2010, 03:11:25 pm »

This is a masterfully crafted brass alto saxophone created by Selmer of Paris in 1985. It is engraved with images of lilies in exceptionally worked brass.
Known Kills:
- The entire audience at every concert (knocked dead)

Since I've finally been reunited with my sax, pictures! I've also not shaved in about a week, and I'm trying to decide how I want to trim this back when I do. It's the first time I've let it grow for any period of time, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 987